Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #2041
mostpost

No Flags?? BIG LIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Come on, any moron can see all the flags on the stage.

From our old friends at Snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/flags-banned-at-dnc/
According to snopes:
The Daily Caller also published articles reporting that no American flags were present at the DNC, the latter in a short piece headlined "No Visible American Flags Present at the Democrat Convention":

The Daily Caller is at the Democratic National Convention and it doesn’t look like there are any American flags.

The stage is bland and grey, with no red, white or blue present. A thorough look at the crowd present also turns up no American flags.

In an attempt to further illustrate their point, the Daily Caller presented two news service photographs contrasting Kristen Gillibrand speaking at the DNC with Donald Trump speaking at the Republican National Convention (RNC):
Of course, these images were deliberately misleading, as the staging of both the RNC and the DNC employed large digital displays as backdrops for their speakers. The Daily Caller snagged one shot taken at the DNC when the background screen was displaying something other than flags in conjunction with Gillibrand's remarks, and another shot of Donald Trump speaking in which digital renditions of U.S. flags (not physical flags) were currently on display.

Snopes then said: Sources making these claims cherry-picked photographs in order to make it appear that no U.S. flags (in either physical or digital form) were on display at the Democratic National Convention.

and: But the Daily Caller, who was supposedly "at the Democratic National Convention" (yet used only news service photographs of the event) must not have looked very hard, as the scene at first day of the DNC exhibited a healthy share of red, white, and blue patriotism, in both digital and physical form.

Snopes rates the claim of no American flags at the DNC as FALSE
I rate it as four Pinocchios with his pants on fire.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #2042
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
From our old friends at Snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/flags-banned-at-dnc/
According to snopes:
The Daily Caller also published articles reporting that no American flags were present at the DNC, the latter in a short piece headlined "No Visible American Flags Present at the Democrat Convention":

The Daily Caller is at the Democratic National Convention and it doesn’t look like there are any American flags.

The stage is bland and grey, with no red, white or blue present. A thorough look at the crowd present also turns up no American flags.

In an attempt to further illustrate their point, the Daily Caller presented two news service photographs contrasting Kristen Gillibrand speaking at the DNC with Donald Trump speaking at the Republican National Convention (RNC):
Of course, these images were deliberately misleading, as the staging of both the RNC and the DNC employed large digital displays as backdrops for their speakers. The Daily Caller snagged one shot taken at the DNC when the background screen was displaying something other than flags in conjunction with Gillibrand's remarks, and another shot of Donald Trump speaking in which digital renditions of U.S. flags (not physical flags) were currently on display.

Snopes then said: Sources making these claims cherry-picked photographs in order to make it appear that no U.S. flags (in either physical or digital form) were on display at the Democratic National Convention.

and: But the Daily Caller, who was supposedly "at the Democratic National Convention" (yet used only news service photographs of the event) must not have looked very hard, as the scene at first day of the DNC exhibited a healthy share of red, white, and blue patriotism, in both digital and physical form.

Snopes rates the claim of no American flags at the DNC as FALSE
I rate it as four Pinocchios with his pants on fire.
Where are the flags? On the ceiling.
snopes get 4

Last edited by woodtoo; 07-29-2016 at 02:44 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 02:57 PM   #2043
fast4522

Quote:
A picture of Tom, far right, who makes fun of Hillary Clinton-among others-for being fat.
I concur with Tom, anyone with half a brain or more would conclude Toms view of Hillary Clinton was more than generous after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPX1G--iE3Q
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #2044
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
What's next, insulting people's families?

Nah, no one would stoop that low.
I posted that picture to point out what a hypocrite Tom is. He's also a bully.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #2045
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
snopes get 4
Read the freakin' article and maybe you won't make idiotic comments.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #2046
Tor Ekman

Q: What's the difference between Hillary Clinton and Kentucky Fried Chicken?

A1: KFC has big breasts and small thighs!

A2: Bill Clinton has never eaten Hillary Clinton!
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #2047
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:

Yes, Mr 60 Votes.

Now, no comments on Hill not reading the latest NIE before her Iraq war vote? Again, please don't invoke Reps - you think they're all idiots, so not a good defense for her.

I'm not sure why Tom feels a need to criticize Hill's appearance. Agree with you on that one.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #2048
classhandicapper

Quote:
There were articles all over the place about the apparent lack of flags. Then a few days later very large ones and handouts were placed prominently all over the place. Technically, there may have been a flag displayed somewhere, but the change was in direct response to the articles and photographs making a point of how the flag was an afterthought.

I vote Snopes as: Technically correct if you are a lawyer, but wrong in the point being made (as is often the case with Snopes)

I don't even think this is such a big deal. Flags or no flags I already know how many of them feel about our country because of mistakes made when none of us were even alive. I already know how they feel about the founders too. They piss on what the founders wanted day in and day out in congress, in the White House, and on the Supreme Court.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-29-2016 at 04:03 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #2049
delayjf

Quote:
Now, no comments on Hill not reading the latest NIE before her Iraq war vote?
What difference would it make now.

Actually the article does not state that their were flags at the convention on the first day it says "the DNC exhibited a healthy share of red, white, and blue patriotism, in both digital and physical form."

So if that picture was on the first day than the flags must have been all cramed around the right side of the stage, because I don't see one flag anywhere in that picture. Personally, I don't care, we don't share their vision of America and could care less what they do. On a bright note, I guess a protester outside the convention was burning a flag and set themselves on fire doing so...made my day.

Last edited by delayjf; 07-29-2016 at 04:04 PM.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #2050
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEIQ8olnro
Watch the first five minutes of this video, then come back and tell me there were no American flags at the DNC, you moron.

And there were a lot more earlier in the evening. The big ones were brought out for the speech; earlier there were thousands of smaller ones.
Where did they all go?
Did they BURN THEM?

OH, wait, I know - all those hired Bernie replacement brought them with them.
But they were confiscated by the DNC Gestapo.

Last edited by Tom; 07-29-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #2051
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I posted that picture to point out what a hypocrite Tom is. He's also a bully.
Bully?

I will answer that with a compliment for you!

After seeing your photo fro Capper Al, I must admit your are NOT as dumb as you look!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #2052
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
I'm not sure why Tom feels a need to criticize Hill's appearance. Agree with you on that one.
Because they are there!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #2053
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
There were articles all over the place about the apparent lack of flags.
There were a lot of articles, and everyone was on a wacko right wing website of on Fox News. And Fox News retracted their story when it was proven wrong.

Then a few days later very large ones and handouts were placed prominently all over the place. Technically, there may have been a flag displayed somewhere, but the change was in direct response to the articles and photographs making a point of how the flag was an afterthought.
There were always flags there, but those same websites referenced above used photos designed to make it appear they were not there; or in the case of the digital flags on or behind the podium, they only used photos taken when the flags were not visible.

I vote Snopes as: Technically correct if you are a lawyer, but wrong in the point being made (as is often the case with Snopes)
Of course there were more flags as the Convention went on. The early days were the business days of the convention; accepting credentials, seating the delegates, approving the platform. The last days were the celebratory days. That is when the flags come out. It had nothing to do with the media. No self respecting democrat gives a hoot about what Daily Caller or Gateway Pundit thinks.

I don't even think this is such a big deal. Flags or no flags I already know how many of them feel about our country because of mistakes made when none of us were even alive. I already know how they feel about the founders too. They piss on what the founders wanted day in and day out in congress, in the White House, and on the Supreme Court.
You mean what you think the founders wanted. And frankly, what you think is pretty much nuts.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #2054
Clocker

Quote:
You claim the article trumps the picture, and you have the nerve to call people who don't accept that morons?

Do we need fairy dust and the magic Kool Aid to see the flags in the picture?
Old 07-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #2055
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
snopes get 4
Flags are in the eye of the beholder, even if only in retrospect.

So, you are going to believe your own lying eyes rather than take the word of experts like Snopes and Mopes? You must have been radicalized.