Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #6376
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

No doubt; that's like, 1-9, in pari-mutuel terms.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #6377
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
If I had to hazard a guess, in at least one of the debates:

The DNC candidate sees the debate questions ahead of time... and the moderator does his or her best to shout over the RNC candidate.

I expect nothing less.

-jp

So the debates will be handicaps and not done at equal (brain) weights?
Old 07-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #6378
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He is crazy if he tries to debate Trump
That really depends on what they choose to talk about.

Trump spends a lot of time talking about how everyone is "wronging him".

Wallace in recent interview was unable to get a response even when he asked Trump what he thought his legacy would be, and what he is doing right.

Instead of grabbing that moment, Trump just whined some more about how "unfair" he is being treated.

Voters don't want to hear that stuff.

Trump needs to stop talking about himself and start showing some concern for the citizens he serves. That's the advice I would hope his campaign mgrs. give him at least, cuz it's just common sense.

Like I've said before, historically, incumbents have the edge, and many would like to see Trump solve the problems of his first term and not see the problems get dumped into someone else's lap and/or get blamed for the after-effects. So there will even be people who don't favor him but don't want to see a change of command.

Meanwhile, 1 million new covid cases in 2-1/2 weeks. No brakes. Cases don't matter to me, but excess mortality and hospitalizations are harder to explain away and pretend this is like seasonal flu outbreak years. Guess we'll have more data on that by November. Hopefully things calm down.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-23-2020 at 08:09 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #6379
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
That really depends on what they choose to talk about.
More liberal garbage, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is never going to have a chance to shape the conversation so it is easy on him. It will never happen and is why they will never let him debate President Donald J. Trump, everyone in his campaign knows upfront that he is a idiot who can not handle pressure.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 09:48 PM   #6380
wisconsin

Quote:
Meanwhile, 1 million new covid cases in 2-1/2 weeks. No brakes. Cases don't matter to me, but excess mortality and hospitalizations are harder to explain away and pretend this is like seasonal flu outbreak years. Guess we'll have more data on that by November. Hopefully things calm down.

And millions have had it and have already recovered. This is treated as if it's stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and some $1 paper mask is going to stop it in it's tracks.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #6381
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
And millions have had it and have already recovered. This is treated as if it's stage 4 pancreatic cancer
Your opinion or my opinion on masks isn't the point. Each extra case represents a tick backwards in terms of the economic recuperation of the U.S.

More Americans have died from Covid-19 than in all US battles in every war since 1945.

The U.S. economy is consumer-driven....that requires confidence.

The loss of tourism and tourism-dependent economies alone, as we hit 4 million+ cases, and other nations seal off their borders to us, is hard to dismiss.

Any continued lack of effort to properly and effectively contain this will simply precipitate a deeper and longer recession for us and make the economic damage more severe.

One thing we need to do is get the young children back to school. There is little risk to kids 10 and under. (their parents will have to figure out a way to keep the household clean and on what their kids are doing.)
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2020, 02:29 AM   #6382
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Bullseye...straight down the middle:

Old 07-24-2020, 03:09 AM   #6383
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
pearl clutching math
You believe Stockman, Yosemite? Although he was not very happy with your moron Donald, he called mask wearing a "totem"
Old 07-24-2020, 03:23 AM   #6384
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
If I had to hazard a guess, in at least one of the debates:

The DNC candidate sees the debate questions ahead of time... and the moderator does his or her best to shout over the RNC candidate.

I expect nothing less.

-jp

The RNC candidate will likely consider the debate a cognitive test. repeatedly babbling "elephant" and "camera" when asked anything of substance, refusing to give up the microphone to the DNC candidate, after the RNC's bozo's time is up.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:50 AM   #6385
hcap

Quote:
Your opinion or my opinion on masks isn't the point. Each extra case represents a tick backwards in terms of the economic recuperation of the U.S.

More Americans have died from Covid-19 than in all US battles in every war since 1945.

The U.S. economy is consumer-driven....that requires confidence.

The loss of tourism and tourism-dependent economies alone, as we hit 4 million+ cases, and other nations seal off their borders to us, is hard to dismiss.

Any continued lack of effort to properly and effectively contain this will simply precipitate a deeper and longer recession for us and make the economic damage more severe.

One thing we need to do is get the young children back to school. There is little risk to kids 10 and under. (their parents will have to figure out a way to keep the household clean and on what their kids are doing.)
Kinda tough warning the pandemic deniers here of severe potential dangers. We have already passed total fatalities of any "seasonal flu" except the "Spanish Flu", which lasted over two years.

We are maybe in the third inning of a 9 inning game of this non-flu virus. Six months only. And unless there is a national plan to deal with the accelerating community spread, instead of a patchwork of individual states reacting, re-infection in areas that have recovered may occur.

Highly unlikely it will just disappear. And this fall/winter could be an even bigger problem when the regular seasonal flu hits as the coronavirus is still raging.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:15 AM   #6386
hcap

An update on worldwide cases and fatalities. Unfortunately unless the countries who manage to "flatten the curve" at home, in the age of rapid international travel, re-infection is a problem.

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW WORLD DAILY.JPG (68.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg NEW WORLD DAILY deaths.JPG (76.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-24-2020, 06:22 AM   #6387
tucker6

Quote:

In some years the flu kills more people than died in Vietnam. I love these made up stats. It shows the weakness of your argument when you have to drum up silly comparisons.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2020, 06:24 AM   #6388
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Kinda tough warning the pandemic deniers here of severe potential dangers. We have already passed total fatalities of any "seasonal flu" except the "Spanish Flu", which lasted over two years.

We are maybe in the third inning of a 9 inning game of this non-flu virus. Six months only. And unless there is a national plan to deal with the accelerating community spread, instead of a patchwork of individual states reacting, re-infection in areas that have recovered may occur.

Highly unlikely it will just disappear. And this fall/winter could be an even bigger problem when the regular seasonal flu hits as the coronavirus is still raging.
We’re all gonna die!! Let’s go hide!!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2020, 08:38 AM   #6389
wisconsin

Quote:

My point was of those 4+ million cases, MOST of them are OVER it.

It's not any worse than the flu. And I do agree with the kids and school.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #6390
woodtoo

Anyone see Dr. Fauci throw the first pitch at the MLB game last night?
No surprise it went "wildly left!" Or as CNN reported "a fastball right down the middle."

Last edited by woodtoo; 07-24-2020 at 09:09 AM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply