Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
lamboguy

this gets me

at Parx on January 16 i bet $200 to win on HASHTAG ALEX, J. J'S CANDY gets up and beats him.

today i look at the 3rd race at Parx and see that J.J'S CANDY is in again for MSW. the horse got a bad test and they took away his purse money and paid HASHTAG ALEX for the win. but my $200 is gone but not forgotten.

i am sick
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
at Parx on January 16 i bet $200 to win on HASHTAG ALEX, J. J'S CANDY gets up and beats him.

today i look at the 3rd race at Parx and see that J.J'S CANDY is in again for MSW. the horse got a bad test and they took away his purse money and paid HASHTAG ALEX for the win. but my $200 is gone but not forgotten.

i am sick
That stinks.

Also weird that they didn't catch/reverse his MSW win until after he raced in an OC50/n1x last time.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

parx

Notice the RX IN paRX.....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:

i am sick
I noted this situation occurring about mid meeting at Delta Downs. It is alarming to see this in the PP lines. As a bettor we have no recourse when this happens to us. Very frustrating.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
jay68802

Ruling Number: 17075PP

Ruling Date: 03/20/2017

On the report of the Pennsylvania Equine Toxicology and Research Laboratory, the Official Chemist for the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission, that the Plasma of the horse “J.J.'S CANDY” (Sample #314678-F,IM), which finished first (1st) in race #6 on January 31,2017 was positive for GLYCOPYRROLATE. “J.J.'S CANDY” is disqualified for all purposes except wagering and the purse is redistributed as follows: 1st. Hashtag Alex 2nd. Teakwood 3rd. Baseline 4th. Graymond 5th. Emoticon The purse money for “J.J.S CANDY” is forfeited. This is in accordance with Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission Section 163.303(A)(B)(C) which reads as follows: 163.303(A) A HORSE PARTICIPATING IN A RACE MAY NOT CARRY IN ITS BODY A SUBSTANCE EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN 163.304 (RELATING TO SUBSTANCES OF THERAPEUTIC VALUE). 163.303(B) A FINDING BY THE CHEMIST THAT A FOREIGN SUBSTANCE IS PRESENT IN THE TEST SAMPLE SHALL BE PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE THAT THE FOREIGN SUBSTANCE WAS ADMINISTERED AND CARRIED IN THE BODY OF THE HORSE WHILE PARTICIPATING IN A RACE. THIS FINDING SHALL ALSO BE TAKEN AS PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE THAT THE TRAINER AND HIS AGENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CARE OR CUSTODY OF THE HORSE HAS BEEN NEGLIGENT IN THE HANDLING OR CARE OF THE HORSE. 163.303(C) A FINDING BY THE CHEMIST OF A FOREIGN SUBSTANCE OR AN APPROVED SUBSTANCE USED IN VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION AND 163.301, 163.302 AND 163.304--163.308 IN A TEST SAMPLE OF A HORSE PARTICIPATING IN A RACE MAY RESULT IN THE HORSE BEING DISQUALIFIED FROM PURSE MONEY OR OTHER AWARDS EXCEPT FOR PURPOSES OF PARI-MUTUEL WAGERING, WHICH SHALL BE IN NO WAY AFFECTED. The Stewards, Investigators of the PSHRC, and the TRPB are continuing their investigation into this matter. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPEAL THIS DECISION IN WRITING TO THE PA. HORSE RACING COMMISSION WITHIN 48 HOURS FOR RULINGS THAT INVOLVE ENTRIES, QUALIFICATIONS…AND TEN (10) DAYS FOR ALL OTHER INFRACTIONS, AFTER NOTICE OF THE DECISION AS SET FORTH IN 58 PA. CODE, SECTION 163.481. APPEALS MUST BE PERFECTED AS REQUIRED IN 58 PA. CODE, SECTION 165.214.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
lamboguy

this is the second time the same horse just beat me, i bet on Linder's horse to the race. it just keeps getting worse and worse for me over there.

F--- me
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Just won again. Ill never complain about NYRA riders again after seeing how awful the riding is at Parx. Wow.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:

i am sick
Sue the trainer of the winner in small claims court.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #9
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
I think you mean the DQ'd trainer in small claims court.

I've always wondered why this avenue hasn't been pursued in these situations before since there's proof of wrongdoing and you can prove damages.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
I volunteer to represent you
Old 04-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #11
ultracapper

Quote:
this is the second time the same horse just beat me, i bet on Linder's horse to the race. it just keeps getting worse and worse for me over there.

F--- me
If they take him down again, that's when you're really F....D!
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #12
JayTris07

I stopped betting on Parx years ago. Donate your money to the homeless or the guys begging for a bet at the track before placing a bet at Parx.

JayTris07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #13
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post

I've always wondered why this avenue hasn't been pursued in these situations before since there's proof of wrongdoing and you can prove damages.
Yes. Prob should have put original winner, my bad.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTris07 View Post
I stopped betting on Parx years ago. Donate your money to the homeless or the guys begging for a bet at the track before placing a bet at Parx.

Ditto....

My boycott is say....15 years going.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #15
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post

I ageee.

It's fascinating to me that racing 'infractions' don't carry over all that often to real life laws, I guess technically you would have to prove the drugging was on purpose and not accidental, but you're right, it's still a form of fraud, maybe the track can get sued too. Maybe gamblers don't pursue this stuff because they don't want to be blackballed from the track on a suit they probably will lose anyway.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: