Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

NYRA-YEAR ROUND, BEAT THE PUBLIC CAPPER $200 CONTEST!

Hello PA LAND AND HORSEPLAYERS!!!

I love NYRA so much AND love seeing people compete. So, I decided to MERGE the 2

I've decided, to put up a $200 CHARITY AWARD, to ANY poster who can BEAT the NYRA Public Cappers !!!

My offer is the following: If you can beat the NYRA public cappers (Andy Serling, David Aragona, Ernie Munick, Travis Stone, Maggie Wolfendale and Anthony Stabile) for a meet (starting with the AQU Main track meet), I will personally give the winner a $200 CHARITY AWARD. There are some rules and here they are:

1) You must have a $2.00 ROI for the meet. ($2 to win on 1 horse in a race)
2) You must select at least 4 races per racing day. (If a card cancels after 3 races, obviously that doesn't DQ anyone. If you select 4 scratched horses, there is no direct DQ but it does hurt you if you don't meet the 80 race requirement at meets end).
2A) You can skip a day but must meet the minimum race requirement of 80 picks for the 4 week Main Track meet.
3) Your ROI must be higher than all 6 of the Public Capper's ROI.
4) 1 horse is selected to win for the races that you choose to select. You can select a back up choice(s) in a race as horses do scratch.
5) All selections need to be in before 11:00 AM EST.
6) 1 winner will receive the prize. If more than 1 Poster has a higher ROI than the NYRA cappers, then the 1 poster with the highest ROI wins. We will break down an ROI to the 5th decimal if need be. If there is still a tie, the Gift Card will be split amongst the winners.
7) When selecting entries, please be specific. If you choose the 1A and the 1A is scratched, you will not have a wager. If you say 1 & 1A, you have either.

As we did in threads past. We are here to talk horses. We are here to discuss replays, possible trips, prior trips, track BIASES and all visual/creative aspects to handicapping. Of course, we want to know who you like and WHO YOU ARE SELECTING After all, it is a selection thread.

To paraphrase PA, any violation of TOS, bullying, inappropriate posts are unacceptable. I am so proud of PA for implementing these new rules and I am thankful that he is here to protect us.

Tomorrow is the 1st card of the new meet, so you have just under 19 hours to get picks in.

Here are the public cappers picks for Friday March 31st, 2017:

Travis Stone

Race 1 4-1-2-6
Race 2 2-8-7-1
Race 3 5-7-4-3
Race 4 3-2-1-6
Race 5 1-2-6-4
Race 6 6-7-5-2
Race 7 1-8-5-6
Race 8 8-7-4-5
Race 9 3-9-10-6

A second public capper's picks should be up in the morning, I'll post them when I see them.

Finally, as this is new, I am sure there will be something we can improve. Don't be shy to recommend any ideas you may have.

Sincerely,

EMD4ME

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-30-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

In the spirit of all this, I will not be playing in this contest.

If the Public Capper wins, I will attempt to reach out to them and ask them what Charity they want the money to go to.

I will track the public cappers as that is easier to do.

I ask that all participants, score accurately for themselves (and post the results) as their peers will be double checking the results for accuracy.

Thank you and I look forward to discussing who's beating the Public Capper, who's coming from behind, track biases, gate breaks, great rides etc. etc.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-30-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
johnhannibalsmith

I guess everything got moved to the other forum, then deleted rather than moved back over here so to pick up where I left off - I think that you should consider dropping the four race daily minimum and go strictly with a cumulative 80 (or whatever) total plays.

Re-reading your post here, I'm thinking I may have originally misinterpreted how you are dealing with scratches affecting your four race minimum. Though it never says that four picks are counted even if the selection(s) scratches, it sort of implies it in the clause about "if you pick four scratched horses".

If that's the case then it is moot to the degree that you won't lose a day, but conceivably someone could select a horse that they know will be scratched to simply circumvent your minimum. So, I still think you just need the total minimum even if scratches don't count against your total races for meeting the minimum four.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
I guess everything got moved to the other forum, then deleted rather than moved back over here so to pick up where I left off - I think that you should consider dropping the four race daily minimum and go strictly with a cumulative 80 (or whatever) total plays.

Re-reading your post here, I'm thinking I may have originally misinterpreted how you are dealing with scratches affecting your four race minimum. Though it never says that four picks are counted even if the selection(s) scratches, it sort of implies it in the clause about "if you pick four scratched horses".

If that's the case then it is moot to the degree that you won't lose a day, but conceivably someone could select a horse that they know will be scratched to simply circumvent your minimum. So, I still think you just need the total minimum even if scratches don't count against your total races for meeting the minimum four.
Like I said, I am totally new at this, so if anyone has any recommendations, I encourage them!

Sounds like a better idea JHS. You are right! 80 minimum it is. No more 4 a day rule.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

OUCH....

Linda dropping Z Royal massively in race 1 tomorrow. 6 Lifetime starts, 2 MDSPWT's and 4 stakes.

Off nearly 1 year, 1st time in barn and right to 25,000 claiming.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #6
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
In the spirit of all this, I will not be playing in this contest.
Smart man.

One has to wonder what the infatuation is with the NYRA handicappers and their ROI. Chee, I wonder what it could be.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Smart man.

One has to wonder what the infatuation is with the NYRA handicappers and their ROI. Chee, I wonder what it could be.

You're the 1 poster, I would think would never participate in this challenge. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Heck, I don't know anymore
Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

This is right up DaHoss' alley. Eighty spot play contest might have him as a 9-2 favorite among likely contestants.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #9
jpjpicks
Alydarpicks

Am in EMD i will be playing for the st jude children's cancer research anytime i can try to win free money to help the kids am there good luck all
jimmy
ps: i may not give picks everyday but i will make the 80 races
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
You're the 1 poster, I would think would never participate in this challenge. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Heck, I don't know anymore
Not sure why you'd think that. I've shown the ability to show a positive ROI numerous times on this board. Have you? I even dig the charity aspect of it all. You see, I crushed your classy friend Kash in a contest and he stiffed the charity he was supposed to donate to. I made the donation for him.

It's just too bad it's all a big waste as this is nothing more than another attempt to discredit the BEST track handicappers in the country. Sad really. Maybe you'll get the attention you so desperately crave. But it won't be by me. Good luck!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
This is right up DaHoss' alley. Eighty spot play contest might have him as a 9-2 favorite among likely contestants.
Closer to 5/2. Especially if EMD's posse participates
Old 03-30-2017, 11:43 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Not sure why you'd think that. I've shown the ability to show a positive ROI numerous times on this board. Have you? I even dig the charity aspect of it all. You see, I crushed your classy friend Kash in a contest and he stiffed the charity he was supposed to donate to. I made the donation for him.

It's just too bad it's all a big waste as this is nothing more than another attempt to discredit the BEST track handicappers in the country. Sad really. Maybe you'll get the attention you so desperately crave. But it won't be by me. Good luck!
HUH? I wasn't challenging your talents Dahoss and everything else you said is simply not true. I said what I said as I figured you just don't like me, so why participate in anything I touch. That's all.

All I know is if I posted this post (yours) in the Every day NYRA thread, I'd be banned. You seem to do it every 13 1/2 seconds.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjpicks View Post
Am in EMD i will be playing for the st jude children's cancer research anytime i can try to win free money to help the kids am there good luck all
jimmy
ps: i may not give picks everyday but i will make the 80 races
I am not playing favorites but that sounds very caring of you jimmy I will root you on sir
Old 03-30-2017, 11:46 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Closer to 5/2. Especially if EMD's posse participates
I hope you play as well. I want to learn from you, seriously. I hear you are legendary.

I don't have a posse. I am radioactive on here. Come near me and you start growing a 3rd eye and 2nd nose.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-30-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:36 AM   #15
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
...It's just too bad it's all a big waste as this is nothing more than another attempt to discredit the BEST track handicappers in the country. ...
I'm not going to argue this point specifically, but I'm going to ask you to pretend you don't believe it. If you can do that, I think it's actually a pretty good idea for a contest. I'm not sure if NYRA or its employees would prefer not to do any sort of statistical accounting of the handicappers like this - but if you had a true contest of the public against the cappers and had them play under the same conditions - I think it adds a pretty fun dimension that allows them to interact sort of passive-aggressively with the audience during pre-game and make clear that just because they pick an equal number winners to races run, that doesn't mean they'd run down to play all of them.

Racing is all I know and do and honestly, it has been losing me. I just don't get interested to get all set up and into things and spend the cash and start looking and then struggle to find a race that makes me really want to keep going, much less think about betting. I'm putting a lot of the fault on me just changing, but surprisingly, as I've noted around here, when I come here on those such days and read everyone's take on the card and I know I've got a contest waiting on me - I can kick in a little reserve of adrenaline to persevere slightly. Maybe there's something to be said for 'the industry' trying some more of these contests even if only as loss-leader type interest generators just to make sure you don't lose a friggin' racing in-bred like me any more than necessary.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: