Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-06-2018, 10:54 PM   #61
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Eldrick Tont crushing it today at the BMW. I don't know if it was the shaft change on his driver or what, but he has been getting off the tee so much better with driver these last 2 events. And the switch back to the SC putter looks promising. Excited to watch these next few events.

Also, every time he's in deep rough and takes a huge lash at the ball I wince expecting him to fall to his knees. Fingers crossed that doesn't ever happen
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #62
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Tiger and Rory on top of the leaderboard after round 1 with matching 62's?

Obviously a bit early to call for magic this weekend, but better than both shooting a pair of 74s.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 02:16 AM   #63
incoming

Streaming live coverage for the BMW-FEDEX golf tourney starts at 8:30 AM at link. Tiger tees off at 12:40 PM EST. It's free

https://www.pgatourlive.com/this-week
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #64
burnsy
self medicated

Tiger still has trouble stringing rounds together. That's his weakness....stamina. The younger guys have been eating his lunch.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #65
GaryG
Unreconstructed

At this point he is just another guy, some good days and some bad days. Hard to envision him winning another major.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:41 AM   #66
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

It's all about the putting. When they're going in, it's for birdies and good par saves. When they're not, it's for pars and bogeys.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #67
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
It's all about the putting. When they're going in, it's for birdies and good par saves. When they're not, it's for pars and bogeys.
Agreed....I think you have made this good point before. Tiger, in the past was deadly inside of 10 feet. Now, not so much, he misses regularly inside 5-6 feet. The rest of his game is on par with his old stats, but that is not good enough against this group of bigger stronger youngsters. Back in the day, by the end of the 3rd round he had already lapped the field. In the past, Tiger has had winning streaks of 7.... 6.....and 5 TOURNAMENTS in a row. I think records like that are untouchable in the golf world today.

HAIL....TIGER
Old 09-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #68
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Excited to see him play this weekend. Every week, some part of his game looks so good and some part looks meh. Hoping he can put it all together. They asked in the anonymous PGA Tour players survey whether players thought he'd win again and if he'd win another major. 98% think he'll win and 90% think he'll win another major. Fascinating, especially given how deep the tour is.

On another note, I find the Fedex Cup system fascinating. Even if Tiger gets the win this weekend, he needs so much help to win the cup.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #69
incoming

Free live streaming will be available every day starting at 1:00 pm EST Thursday.....first tee time 11:40 am. The FedEx cup is a competition between the best 125 golfers using FedEx's season long scoring system. This week is the 3rd week of competition and there are only 30 golfers remaining.

https://www.pgatourlive.com/this-week
Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #70
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
Agreed....I think you have made this good point before. Tiger, in the past was deadly inside of 10 feet. Now, not so much, he misses regularly inside 5-6 feet. The rest of his game is on par with his old stats, but that is not good enough against this group of bigger stronger youngsters. Back in the day, by the end of the 3rd round he had already lapped the field. In the past, Tiger has had winning streaks of 7.... 6.....and 5 TOURNAMENTS in a row. I think records like that are untouchable in the golf world today.

HAIL....TIGER
Hello, fellow Tiger Fan!

I think the big thing that is missing is the clutch play that made him famous.

I recall someone on the tour years ago saying something like, "When we'd get to the 17th hole, we just came to expect that he'd do something magnificent."

That wasn't the quote, but something like that.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #71
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Hello, fellow Tiger Fan!

I think the big thing that is missing is the clutch play that made him famous.

I recall someone on the tour years ago saying something like, "When we'd get to the 17th hole, we just came to expect that he'd do something magnificent."

That wasn't the quote, but something like that.
He has a lot of charisma....today, many people have Tiger Talents. I think it has a lot to do with the equipment, the sweet spots in todays clubs must be at least 5% larger.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #72
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
He has a lot of charisma....
When? Now??
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #73
incoming

Tiger's playing group still will have the largest crowd following them by far. Me, I will be betting against....... with both hands.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #74
AndyC

Quote:
Tiger's playing group still will have the largest crowd following them by far. Me, I will be betting against....... with both hands.
How do you bet against a player in a golf tournament? Tiger was 12-1 the last time I looked.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #75
lansdale

Knocking on the door

Tiger tied w/ Ricky Fowler at -5 for lead at East Lake today -- can he put together three more good days? He's been getting closer to the brass ring lately -- runner-up in the PGA, T6 in BMW -- he's finishing the year better than he started. Last year about this time, when it looked like Tiger was coming back to life, I said that he'd probably be happy to be playing as well as Henrik Stenson, the leading +40 golfer at that time. Right now, TW is ranked #21, two slots ahead of Stenson, but he's looking like he could be top 5. We'll see.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: