Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 AM   #346
hcap

Psalm 19 King James Version (KJV)

19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
Old 04-23-2019, 04:39 AM   #347
hcap

R. C. Sproul, Reformed Theologian

I believe firmly that all of truth is God’s truth, and I believe that God has not only given revelation in sacred Scripture, but also, the sacred Scripture itself tells us that God reveals Himself in nature—which we call natural revelation. And, I once asked a seminary class of mine that was a conservative group, I said, “How many of you believe that God’s revelation in Scripture is infallible?” And they all raised their hand. And I said, “And how many of you believe that God’s revelation in nature is infallible, and nobody raised their hand. It’s the same God who’s giving the revelation.

...Both Calvin and Luther rejected Copernicus as a heretic in the 16th century. I don’t know anybody in orthodox Christianity today who’s pleading for geocentricity. Do you? Do you know anybody? In that case the church has said, “Look, we misinterpreted the teaching of the Bible with respect to the solar system, and thank you scientists for correcting our misunderstanding.”

https://www.ligonier.org/blog/introd...and-scripture/
Old 04-23-2019, 04:49 AM   #348
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
R. C. Sproul, Reformed Theologian

I believe firmly that all of truth is God’s truth, and I believe that God has not only given revelation in sacred Scripture, but also, the sacred Scripture itself tells us that God reveals Himself in nature—which we call natural revelation. And, I once asked a seminary class of mine that was a conservative group, I said, “How many of you believe that God’s revelation in Scripture is infallible?” And they all raised their hand. And I said, “And how many of you believe that God’s revelation in nature is infallible, and nobody raised their hand. It’s the same God who’s giving the revelation.

...Both Calvin and Luther rejected Copernicus as a heretic in the 16th century. I don’t know anybody in orthodox Christianity today who’s pleading for geocentricity. Do you? Do you know anybody? In that case the church has said, “Look, we misinterpreted the teaching of the Bible with respect to the solar system, and thank you scientists for correcting our misunderstanding.”

Is Boxcar aware of the fact that Calvin's geocentric views were misguided?
Old 04-23-2019, 04:56 AM   #349
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Apparently not. But as we can see, boxcar is not the only reformed theologian.

He is however fixated on a dualistic black, white view on always being right, and every one else always being wrong.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #350
boxcar

Quote:
Your so-called "Natural Revelation" is a crock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_revelation

In theology, general revelation, or natural revelation, refers to knowledge about God and spiritual matters, discovered through natural means, such as observation of nature (the physical universe), philosophy and reasoning. Christian theologians use the term to describe knowledge of God purported to be plainly available to all mankind. General revelation is usually understood to pertain to outward temporal events that are experienced within the world or the physical universe. The definition may be extended to include human conscience or providence or providential history.

Natural Revelation, or Science and rational thinking tells us Genesis is mistaken. Therefore the bible must be wrong about creation taking 6 days, since your god "reveals" through what is readily available Naturally, the universe is close to 14 billion years old.

Either Paul is correct or the Genesis myth is.
No redefining the physical sciences are required. Just common sense.

True "natural revelation" was a long time coming. It's understanding has progressed deeply since the 17th century.

Why can't you see that?
Show how Genesis and Paul in Romans contradict one another.

And since you don't want to define physical science, then I will:

Physical science, the systematic study of the inorganic world, as distinct from the study of the organic world, which is the province of biological science.Physical science is ordinarily thought of as consisting of four broad areas: astronomy, physics, chemistry, and the Earth sciences.

Taken from the Encyclopedia Brittanica site.

This is why you can't use physical science in an attempt to refute metaphysical truth. Metaphysics is totally out of their area of "systematic study".
Old 04-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #351
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Are you aware that Calvin didn't write any of books of the bible? So...what is your point again?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #352
boxcar

Quote:
Your so-called "Natural Revelation" is a crock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_revelation

In theology, general revelation, or natural revelation, refers to knowledge about God and spiritual matters, discovered through natural means, such as observation of nature (the physical universe), philosophy and reasoning. Christian theologians use the term to describe knowledge of God purported to be plainly available to all mankind. General revelation is usually understood to pertain to outward temporal events that are experienced within the world or the physical universe. The definition may be extended to include human conscience or providence or providential history.

Natural Revelation, or Science and rational thinking tells us Genesis is mistaken. Therefore the bible must be wrong about creation taking 6 days, since your god "reveals" through what is readily available Naturally, the universe is close to 14 billion years old.

Either Paul is correct or the Genesis myth is.
No redefining the physical sciences are required. Just common sense.

True "natural revelation" was a long time coming. It's understanding has progressed deeply since the 17th century.

Why can't you see that?
Very fallible, God-hating scientists have misinterpreted Natural Revelation. Shame all over them!
Old 04-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #353
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Very fallible, God-hating scientists have misinterpreted Natural Revelation.
The burden of proof is yours!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #354
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The burden of proof is yours!
I have already proved it. Pay attention!

Atheistic Materialism, in its finite or infinite models, is illogical because either model violates laws of logic.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #355
boxcar

More Total Depravity on display -- again by the "gentler, kinder" sex.

Woman arrested after 3-day-old puppies dumped in a trash bin in Coachella

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...121309284.html
Old 04-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #356
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I have already proved it.
Lying for Jesus is not proof.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #357
thaskalos

Quote:
Are you aware that Calvin didn't write any of books of the bible? So...what is your point again?
My point is that Calvin was a sadistic butcher...who played an instrumental role in the executions of brilliant scientists who dared disagree with his moronic beliefs. How could any reasonable modern person give any credence whatsoever to the religious theories of a man like that? Since when do sadistic animals like John Calvin get revered as "renowned theologians"?
Old 04-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #358
hcap

Quote:
Show how Genesis and Paul in Romans contradict one another.

And since you don't want to define physical science, then I will:

Physical science, the systematic study of the inorganic world, as distinct from the study of the organic world, which is the province of biological science.Physical science is ordinarily thought of as consisting of four broad areas: astronomy, physics, chemistry, and the Earth sciences.

Taken from the Encyclopedia Brittanica site.

This is why you can't use physical science in an attempt to refute metaphysical truth. Metaphysics is totally out of their area of "systematic study".
Romans 1:20 King James Version (KJV)
Quote:
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Paul said that through creation we can learn of God’s “divine nature” (1:20)
Paul and other theologians said "from the creation of the world"

The physical sciences were almost non existent when Calvin and and Luther rejected Copernicus as a heretic in the 16th century. Even without inanimate study science has informed Mankind through use of his god given mind and brain recently, that the universe thru "natural revelation" is much older than Genesis claims
Old 04-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #359
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Lying for Jesus is not proof.
But violations of the Laws of Logic are proof.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #360
hcap

Quote:
R. C. Sproul tells us Calvin and and Luther rejected Copernicus and the heliocentric theory.