Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #76
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
Obamacare vs. Romneycare: Is there a difference?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...ifference.html

Poor old Mitt. He lost the election and still has people like me beating up on him.
Okay... so we are clear...

You are no abandoning the losing argument that it won't cost jobs? Your new line of attack is that its similar to Romneycare? Pretty weak wouldn't you say?

A few things of note.

1) Before Romneycare's enactment over 90% of people in Mass. already had health insurance compared to 80% nationally. That 80% includes medicaid.

2) Unlike the Heritage Foundation plan, which both are modelled after Obamacare, doesn't allow insurance companies to compete across state lines creating competition and lowering costs.

3) Massachusetts during its implementation ranked 47th nationally in job creation... a favorite democrat criticism of Romney.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 11-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #77
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Obamacare Versus Romneycare: How Similar Are They?

Romney's plan for Massachusetts requires that any business with 11 or more full-time employees offer health insurance to their workers or pay a penalty.

Obamacare requires only large businesses (over 50 full-time employees) to offer health insurance or face a penalty.
Here's the thing, state vs federal, think about that for a while.
Another thing, the fine is less than the cost, so they pay the fine, leaving the employees bound by law to have insurance, so who will that have to turn to? Think about that for a while.

If you do a search on Obama, you will find his ultimate 10 year goal is to have 100% single-payer with the government fully in control of it.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #78
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
If you do a search on Obama, you will find his ultimate 10 year goal is to have 100% single-payer with the government fully in control of it.
Yes. And by destroying a majority of the existing company sponsored insurance programs, and perhaps a number of private insurers, the nation will be forced into turning to a government run single-payer system, and it won't be negotiable.

Remember, the banks were thrilled to have the deregulations that bought them all kinds of business until they use/abuse of it turned into the banking crisis, and they needed bailing out and some went under or bought out.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #79
delayjf

Quote:
The sky didn't fall in Mass. and it won't fall here.
One of the big benefits touted by Obamacare supporters was that it would lower healthcare costs. That certainly didn't happen in Mass, who just passed a new law in an attempt to reign in the costs - we will see how it goes.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #80
ElKabong

Quote:
The Sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!

Straightforward and to the point...What was the meaning of your post?

Is it a poke at the lower economic class who now have to work 2 part time jobs to survive b/c Obamacare tipped their employer's hand to reduce their hours?

Is it a note that the 1-2%'ers have an out in this mess? That they don't get hurt as bad as the working class? Is that something to laugh at??

Or is it a jab at the middle class? They now have to pay about $1,000 more out of pocket b/c of the implementation of Obamacare.

I see it as a lose-lose. I'll see a lot of cash taken from me and given to the government. You see this as some kind of joke, laughing "the sky is falling".

Let me be frank. You seem like a good hearted individual, but anyone that would laugh at others that are having to cough up MORE cash, durung this era, and is poking the line of "the sky is falling ", would get their ass kicked if they said it on the street to the people whose lives are affected. Lot of middle income families, with kids esp, could use that money to do things like feed their family or maybe put the $$ towards savings so they don't live their last years in dire poverty...The single most thing we work our entire careers to prevent

Elysian has you pegged right. You've gone from O'care being a great act, to resigning to its pitfalls and then chiding "the other side" with childish one liners......we''re talking about the pocketbooks of most Americans, and the nation, here. We've just seen a huge % of people's paychecks vaporize the moment Obamacare was cemented and no repeal possible.

Your true colors are coming out, and you're not alone. Edwards and Obama have spent years and years trying to divide America and Americans. Your post above, along with your "we won, America lost" one liners are pathetic

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #81
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Here's the thing, state vs federal, think about that for a while.
Another thing, the fine is less than the cost, so they pay the fine, leaving the employees bound by law to have insurance, so who will that have to turn to? Think about that for a while.

With emphasis, Komrade...
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #82
Mike at A+
Software Developer

As I have been saying all along, the rich get richer, the lower class gets their handouts and the dwindling middle class gets f***ed.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #83
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Care to elaborate?
Oh, he's talking about some fanciful proposed boycott or something.

Another empty threat from the lazy left most likely...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #84
jognlope

Bush should have made the argument to increase taxes, not decrease them, because of war expense. Taxes for wars went up to 80 or 90% in the past with wars.
jognlope is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #85
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Okay... so we are clear...

You are no abandoning the losing argument that it won't cost jobs? Your new line of attack is that its similar to Romneycare? Pretty weak wouldn't you say?
I am not abandoning anything. Obamacare will create millions of better paying jobs.

"By now, most people who follow politics know that the law will result in more than 30 million additional Americans getting health insurance. But what few realize is that, by expanding insurance coverage, the law will also increase economic activity. These newly insured individuals will demand more medical care than when they were uninsured. And while it takes many years to train a family physician or nurse practitioner, it doesn’t take much time to train the assistants and technicians (and related support staff) who can fill much of this need. In many cases, these are precisely the sort of medium-skill jobs that our economy desperately needs—and that the health care sector has already been providing, even during the recession."

"When the federal government expanded Medicaid in the 1990s, my own research has shown, the newly insured significantly increased their spending on consumer goods. More purchases of consumer goods will provide short-run stimulation to the economy and more hiring."

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/104791...t-job-killing#
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #86
Mike at A+
Software Developer

These 30 million Americans who are "getting" health insurance, are they PAYING for it like I am or are they just "getting" it?
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #87
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong

Your true colors are coming out, and you're not alone. Edwards and Obama have spent years and years trying to divide America and Americans. Your post above, along with your "we won, America lost" one liners are pathetic
I never said "we won, America lost" or implied it. I am standing by Obamacare as a good thing. "The sky is fallling!!!!" is meant to poke fun at righties who think that Obamacare will ruin our lives. It will not. It will improve them.
We have been moving to a part time job market for 30 years. I don't like it.
Fox business said that we were moving toward a part time job market many years ago. I do believe that many of these rightie corporate moguls are using it(Obamacare) as an excuse to cut labor costs.

http://www.suntimes.com/business/906...rd-levels.html
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #88
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I do believe that many of these rightie corporate moguls are using it(Obamacare) as an excuse to cut labor costs.
Of course you do, and I completely expected this to be the party line response. It fits in perfectly with the narrative used against Romney from day one.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #89
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I am not abandoning anything. Obamacare will create millions of better paying jobs.
Why didn't that happen in Massachusetts?

47th in job creation... remember?

Double speak.

Then you say...

Quote:
We have been moving to a part time job market for 30 years. I don't like it.
More double speak.

So its creating millions more better paying jobs but we are moving to a part time market?!?!?... ACA, of course, being a driving force for employers wanting to make people part timers...
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #90
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I do believe that many of these rightie corporate moguls are using it(Obamacare) as an reason to cut labor costs.
FTFY.

Amazingly this was the smartest thing you have said in here to date. What ACA does in fact do is the make cost of every employee on the rolls higher. This in turn leads to companies laying some of them off to... you guessed it! Cut labor costs...

hence...

The reason ACA is going to cost us jobs...

Glad we've finally brought you full circle.