Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #106
AMPHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
IMO the people who tend to take stands with their opinions tend to get more criticism.

Lot easier to play the middle on every subject I suppose. I think Randy Moss and Bailey are a good example, Randy Moss tends to do it a lot more than Bailey.

And I would also so Moss, as a veteran reporter/writer, can do it with words that soften some of that criticism where Kinchan is a bit more raw so tends to generate more emotional response.
Randy Moss, one hell of a WR!

I kid....
AMPHAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #107
classhandicapper

If I had to assess Maximum Security I'd say he was better than his harshest critics thought last year, but he was running on "high test". This year under Baffert he probably developed a bit, but he was running clean. That netted out to zero or a very small backward move. That was good enough to beat the best in the West where the older males were weak, but not the best horses in the country.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:56 PM   #108
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If I had to assess Maximum Security I'd say he was better than his harshest critics thought last year, but he was running on "high test". This year under Baffert he probably developed a bit, but he was running clean. That netted out to zero or a very small backward move. That was good enough to beat the best in the West where the older males were weak, but not the best horses in the country.
Yep, I'd say he's been basically two lengths slower this year than last, when typically you'd expect a horse like him to be two or three lengths faster.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2020, 01:16 AM   #109
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
It's amazing how Breen is able to rise to the occasion with some of the ex-Servis horses, when needed.

Breen and I once golfed together as a twosome. I found him very focused and skilled. He relishes the game.

On a personal front, he came across as considerate and dignified. The man behaves in an exemplary manner.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #110
sammy the sage

All i got to say about Max. Sec....re-watch the video around the turn in the stretch for home....looked like Kent D. was in the irons....a QUIT RIDING job costing several placings CLEAR as day....he was actually in a position to finish MUCH better...if the horse HAD anything left....we'll NEVER know tho...

ps...didn't have dime on the race...