Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #151
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What, really, is the point of all this repetitive nonsense and virtual high-fiving and backslapping? Is it making you guys feel good?

Do you guys think you are doing some sort of public service...pointing out things nobody else sees...that track management is blind to?

You really think this?

Every moron in the game can read win% stats...you realize this, correct?

None of you can be labeled innovative...ever...for being MOTOs...
I'd be a fool to think racing is 100% clean. What sport is? But I'd be a bigger fool not to realize that there is quite a discrepancy between the bottom trainers and the best trainers, especially at smaller tracks like Delta, Remington, CharlesTown, Mountaineer, etc. I think this accounts for the large win percentages a lot more than any illegal activity.

I'm sure some in this thread will mock this, but I've made the effort to go meet some of the top guys and some of the so so guys and even some of the guys that never win. Once I did that, I realized it isn't the leap many think to improve a horse, often many lengths.

There are some guys I've met that are "trainers" at Remington and work full time jobs outside of racing. They ship in from around OKC on race day. You think these guys are putting in the work of a guy like Broberg?
Old 11-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #152
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm not even saying I think the guy is 100% legit...I'm just saying, I don't get the constant non-stop speculation...as if these guys on here are uncovering stuff nobody else has noticed...

As if the racing powers that be don't notice these things...

I love how it's an all or nothing thing with many posters on here...I love how some people actually believe that the powers that be in racing DO NOTHING or NEVER INVESTIGATE odd happenings with certain trainers...

It's one thing to have probably cause...it's an entirely other thing to actually have enough evidence to convict...
Old 11-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #153
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not even saying I think the guy is 100% legit...I'm just saying, I don't get the constant non-stop speculation...as if these guys on here are uncovering stuff nobody else has noticed...

I love how it's an all or nothing thing with many posters on here...I love how some people actually believe that the powers that be in racing DO NOTHING or NEVER INVESTIGATE odd happenings with certain trainers...

It's one thing to have probably cause...it's an entirely other thing to actually have enough evidence to convict...
It's not about noticing it, it's about noticing it and doing something about it. It also doesn't matter if racing investigates, if they do nothing about it, the end result is exactly the same as if they have never investigated in the first place.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #154
Track Phantom

Quote:

I don't understand your gripe here. Are you saying no one should call out guys like this? Or are you saying the industry is already handling it? Or are you saying since there is no overt evidence everything is is speculation and shouldn't be voiced? I'm just not following....
Old 11-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento
I don't understand your gripe here. Are you saying no one should call out guys like this? Or are you saying the industry is already handling it? Or are you saying since there is no overt evidence everything is is speculation and shouldn't be voiced? I'm just not following....
Maybe it's the way it's being done. It's comical.

Guys come on here and point out crazy win%...then make snide comments...then give each other high-fives as if they're making some sort of difference.

It's as if they don't really give a shit about outing some misdeeds...they're more about "hey, look at me, look what I found" as if nobody else has noticed.

It gets repetitive and boring and worthless, in my opinion of course.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #156
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
It's not about noticing it, it's about noticing it and doing something about it. It also doesn't matter if racing investigates, if they do nothing about it, the end result is exactly the same as if they have never investigated in the first place.
Maybe they don't "do something about it" because they can't find a smoking gun...and without a smoking gun, what can you do?

Maybe they should rely on your posts and use that as probably cause and evidence to convict?

How exactly do you know that nobody has looked into every single suspicious person you've written about over the years?

You don't.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #157
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Guys come on here and point out crazy win%...then make snide comments...then give each other high-fives as if they're making some sort of difference.

It's as if they don't really give a shit about outing some misdeeds...they're more about "hey, look at me, look what I found" as if nobody else has noticed.

But if it's still happening, what does it matter if anyone has 'noticed' or not?

We want the 'noticers' to take action, not just 'notice'
Old 11-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #158
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they don't "do something about it" because they can't find a smoking gun...and without a smoking gun, what can you do?

Maybe they should rely on your posts and use that as probably cause and evidence to convict?

How exactly do you know that nobody has looked into every single suspicious person you've written about over the years?

You don't.
I don't really care about smoking guns, all I care about is the quality of the race I'm about to handicap. I'd prefer to not handicap musical chair people racing. Also, whether or not any of this is on the up and up is not something I care about either, if a trainer wins with every mount with massive overnight form reversals it doesn't matter to me as a handicapper WHY this is happening, I just know that these types of trainers make races they're in largely unplayable, I'm railing on the unplayable nature of the game, I could care less why these horses are improving 30 Beyer points overnight, that's for the racing authorities to figure out.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #159
Track Phantom

Quote:

I don't think i'd couch it this way. I think there are a lot of horseplayers (me included) that have put more money through the tote than care to disclose and are just frustrated with the current situation regarding this game.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #160
no breathalyzer
Veteran

It's a stressful game and when you see trainers batting 80% in the $$$..50% win, it kind of jerks you a little bit... But nothing can be done until the smoking gun is found .. until then players gonna make snarky remarks almost because in a way its stress relieve
Old 11-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #161
thaskalos

Quote:

Perhaps you could suggest to us some OTHER interesting topic that you'd prefer for us to discuss here.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #162
no breathalyzer
Veteran

How about that NYRA '' small time trainer'' that got popped today.. no thread about that either
Old 11-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #163
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
How about that NYRA '' small time trainer'' that got popped today.. no thread about that either

Guess I missed the news on this one...who was it?
Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #164
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Guess I missed the news on this one...who was it?

Not overages either! http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...rug-positives/
Old 11-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #165
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

You don't.
How do any of us know that they did?
Closed Thread