Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #346
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
it looks like there will be more and more electric cars manufactured. it will put some type of a dent into cars and trucks that run on fossil fuels. i see one big problem, when the battery's are done they are considered to be hazardous waste filled with lithium and cobalt. some of the battery's must weigh up to 1000 pounds and it would cost money, maybe up to $2000 to dispose of them.

i was looking for a company that deals with those useless battery's and salvages some of materials that can be re used and can't find any company that fits that build. i suspect that if there is a process to to deal with this matter it might also apply to i-phones as well.

just wondered if anyone knew of any company that deals in this matter?
I really do like the way you think. Always one or two steps ahead.

Sorry, don't know of any companies but how about contacting Tesla, a big lithium company or one of the big waste disposal companies?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #347
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
I really do like the way you think. Always one or two steps ahead.

Sorry, don't know of any companies but how about contacting Tesla, a big lithium company or one of the big waste disposal companies?
i am going to check for patents and company's that might have applied for a patent.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #348
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
i am going to check for patents and company's that might have applied for a patent.
FMC has decent exposure to Lithium, as a source of the raw material. I assume the actual battery manufacturers will also handle the recycling, similar to the lead/acid battery model. I suppose a company like LKQ could also get involved, but the exposure would be immaterial given their size. Good luck.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #349
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Btw, thanks.

What about writing to the EPA?

I don't see why they wouldn't have considered it and would probably have that info avail. since lithium batteries have been around for several years.

I know in my jurisdiction, I've seen the local waste disposal agency sending out a flier on the proper disposal of certain products. I think they even recommend dropping off certain used and spent batteries (not all types) at Home Depot or a similar retailer.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #350
lamboguy

80% of all the cobalt in the world comes from Africa. cobalt is reusable. all i am looking for is a company that that will extract the metals from the battery's and sell them, which i haven't been able to find. the company i sent you claims to have a process to extract the metal's from the battery's.

i am going to look into it further. i got nothing better to do, and i am always looking for possible scores in the equity markets that hardly anyone thinks of.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #351
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
80% of all the cobalt in the world comes from Africa. cobalt is reusable. all i am looking for is a company that that will extract the metals from the battery's and sell them, which i haven't been able to find. the company i sent you claims to have a process to extract the metal's from the battery's.

i am going to look into it further. i got nothing better to do, and i am always looking for possible scores in the equity markets that hardly anyone thinks of.
I had a little more time to read some of the materials.

You've picked another penny stock but, I couldn't find any financials although they plan to do what you seem to want done.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #352
lamboguy

Quote:
I had a little more time to read some of the materials.

You've picked another penny stock but, I couldn't find any financials although they plan to do what you seem to want done.
i didn't pick that company at all, i just found it.

the only thing i found out about this company is that the CEO has done numerous ventures in the mining business including one of them that i knew about called ADANACK MOLY. i happened to have played that stock and got out in time before it imploded. his name is Larry Reigh, and i don't see to much promise in his company's judging by past results.

ADANACK did have some big names that invested in that company. i am not sure if it was leveraged to much to the price of MOLY or if it was poorly managed. he had another company that went bye bye as well mining gold in China.

because of prior history i am not investing in this one. but i will keep looking because there is need for some process that can extract the cobalt from the dead batteries.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #353
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
it looks like there will be more and more electric cars manufactured. it will put some type of a dent into cars and trucks that run on fossil fuels. i see one big problem, when the battery's are done they are considered to be hazardous waste filled with lithium and cobalt. some of the battery's must weigh up to 1000 pounds and it would cost money, maybe up to $2000 to dispose of them.

i was looking for a company that deals with those useless battery's and salvages some of materials that can be re used and can't find any company that fits that build. i suspect that if there is a process to to deal with this matter it might also apply to i-phones as well.

just wondered if anyone knew of any company that deals in this matter?
Don't ask me for the source at the moment, but I read recently that if semi trucks go to Electric, it will have batteries in the weight range of 24-27,000 lbs. Sounds like a real boon for garbage disposal/recycling stocks. Unintended circumstances.

edit: Okay I did more research and the battery weights are in the 10-12,000 lb. range, BUT to avoid stopping halfway in a day's normal 550M haul to recharge, you'd need two sets.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 05-10-2017 at 10:18 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #354
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Don't ask me for the source at the moment, but I read recently that if semi trucks go to Electric, it will have batteries in the weight range of 24-27,000 lbs. Sounds like a real boon for garbage disposal/recycling stocks. Unintended circumstances.
i read the same thing, that is why i got interested in this space. it cost about $2 a pound to get rid of hazardous waste. that's where i am going with this. i am doing more research into the company that i pm'd you. i just don't trust the guy.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #355
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
i read the same thing, that is why i got interested in this space. it cost about $2 a pound to get rid of hazardous waste. that's where i am going with this. i am doing more research into the company that i pm'd you. i just don't trust the guy.
???
Old 05-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #356
lamboguy

i went to Home Depot and saw battery's for power tools made of lithium and cobalt. they weren't cheap.

60% of the worlds cobalt is mined in the Congo. that is a big number and could send shockwaves throughout the world that needs that stuff. this stuff is in its infancy stages so you got to look at the viability and needs to figure out what type of exposure you should put yourself into for these markets.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #357
lamboguy

Quote:
???
i was looking at a company called AMERICAN MANGANESE--------AMYZF

i don't like the company though
Old 05-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #358
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
???
He sent me the info a couple of days ago.

I guess Who is Who on here can get confusing.

But, I was here first (pun intended).

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-10-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:12 AM   #359
plainolebill

Quote:
He sent me the info a couple of days ago.

I guess Who is Who on here can get confusing.

But, I was here first (pun intended).
Have you been talking to Horton?
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #360
Redhook206

Jeff Gundlach likes EEM.
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply