Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-19-2024, 06:07 AM   #1
omar2

Past PTD2 result chart files

Looking for those results chart files for back Ky. derby races for the following dates: CD , ptd2 chart files only
2010 May 1
2011 May 7
2012 May 5
2013 May 4
2014 May 3
2015 May 2
2016 May 7
2017 May 6

Looking to do some research on past derbies with Black Magic or VC program.
I once stated I like to check the top 5 horses in PBS for race contenders . I do that mainly to find horses I might miss to use in my exotic bets. For the derby I would extend that to 7 or 8.
The crux of that program is his ODDS LINE. His Master Pace number determines or controls the odds of the entrants in the race. Most users will turn to OPM for line selection. Be careful using it because I feel going to far back leads to using Stale numbers.
For the derby and for all grass races, I like to start with the last line and and maybe going back 1-3 races, depending on the circumstances for the horse.
You may look at other factors such as pp or lf or any other column but remember it’s the mp number that controls the odds line and your intention for going back is to help the horse you might be using a lower mp number and that’s not helping the horse. Remember, you’re not handicapping to find the winner but to get a more “accurate” odds line and it’s the odds line that will determine which horse is the value play. Even though his top line horses win a lot, most of them are short price horses. If you see a value horse or play, always check for negative angles on horses higher on the line because those are the ones that will beat you. Always check the horses below random with morning line odds of 8-1 or lower for negative value especially if your horse has a higher ml than they do. Ty have to be aware that those horses can beat you, that’s why I always use them in the exotics.
A few weeks ago at OP, a FTS with a ml of 8-1 goes off at 27-1 and wires the field. Most of the time those horses take money but when they don’t you’re getting a GIFT. The trick to making money in the exotics is to find those overlays to use with your value key horse.
I just thought I would give you an insight on how I use this program. That’s what I mean when I say handicap the program before looking at races. Find out what makes any program tick and then use it to your advantage. There is NO BLACK BOX in horse racing and if you treat this or any program.
If anybody has those old files just reply and I’ll give you my email address.
Omar

as such, then just say goodbye to your money when you bet!
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2024, 07:08 AM   #2
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar2 View Post
Looking for those results chart files for back Ky. derby races for the following dates: CD , ptd2 chart files only
2010 May 1
2011 May 7
2012 May 5
2013 May 4
2014 May 3
2015 May 2
2016 May 7
2017 May 6

Looking to do some research on past derbies with Black Magic or VC program.
I once stated I like to check the top 5 horses in PBS for race contenders . I do that mainly to find horses I might miss to use in my exotic bets. For the derby I would extend that to 7 or 8.
The crux of that program is his ODDS LINE. His Master Pace number determines or controls the odds of the entrants in the race. Most users will turn to OPM for line selection. Be careful using it because I feel going to far back leads to using Stale numbers.
For the derby and for all grass races, I like to start with the last line and and maybe going back 1-3 races, depending on the circumstances for the horse.
You may look at other factors such as pp or lf or any other column but remember it’s the mp number that controls the odds line and your intention for going back is to help the horse you might be using a lower mp number and that’s not helping the horse. Remember, you’re not handicapping to find the winner but to get a more “accurate” odds line and it’s the odds line that will determine which horse is the value play. Even though his top line horses win a lot, most of them are short price horses. If you see a value horse or play, always check for negative angles on horses higher on the line because those are the ones that will beat you. Always check the horses below random with morning line odds of 8-1 or lower for negative value especially if your horse has a higher ml than they do. Ty have to be aware that those horses can beat you, that’s why I always use them in the exotics.
A few weeks ago at OP, a FTS with a ml of 8-1 goes off at 27-1 and wires the field. Most of the time those horses take money but when they don’t you’re getting a GIFT. The trick to making money in the exotics is to find those overlays to use with your value key horse.
I just thought I would give you an insight on how I use this program. That’s what I mean when I say handicap the program before looking at races. Find out what makes any program tick and then use it to your advantage. There is NO BLACK BOX in horse racing and if you treat this or any program.
If anybody has those old files just reply and I’ll give you my email address.
Omar

as such, then just say goodbye to your money when you bet!
You didn't dump VC ......LOL

A good friend of mine told me that the top 6 EP horses of the Derby .....
usually wins...check it out
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2024, 09:10 AM   #3
omar2

What’s to check out. I have roughly a 45% win rate in the derby since 1976.!
Old 03-19-2024, 07:34 PM   #4
TrifectaBox

A FTS at 8-1 ML wins at 27-1

Pretty meaningless. At best .
TrifectaBox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2024, 09:15 PM   #5
omar2

Bold Forbes’76
Seattle Sleww ‘77
Spectacular Bid’79
Genuine Risk’80
Pleasant Colony ‘81
Gata del Sol ‘82
Sunny’s Halo ‘83
Ferdinand ‘86
Alysheba ’87
Winning Colors ‘88
Unbridled’90
Go for Gin ‘94
Thunder Gulch ‘95
Fusaichi Pegasus ‘00
Monarchos’01
Funny Cide ‘03
Smarty Jones ‘04
Barbaro ‘06
Street Sense ‘07
Big Brown’08
Animal Kingdom’11
Orb ‘13
Nyquist ‘16
Country House ‘19 via dq ( I don’t care, I never gave back the win money or exacta)

24/47=51%