Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #31
jefftune

Not so good until yesterday. The Todd Pletcher-trained 13-1 winner was my key to a very nice day. I'll be up there next week for a couple days - can't wait!
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #32
burnsy
self medicated

I go over there about 4 days a week. The last couple weeks had been dreadful. I mean, nothing was clicking. Was one of the worst slumps I’ve ever had at Saratoga. Then yesterday along comes Got Stormy paying 27 dollars off her spectacular record at the Spa. My friend described our score as larceny. That’s why I love this game , got healthy in the last two races yesterday after two weeks of getting my ass kicked. Anyone that says these horses don’t remember Saratoga and that some thrive the minute they step on the grounds up here in this setting are nuts. Got Stormy is one of these horses. That race yesterday (Fourstardave) was named after a horse that ran his guts out for years up here just like the winner did yesterday. There was no way on Gods green earth I was leaving her out of the exacta or double and boy did she pay off.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #33
1st time lasix

I have been playing all the pick fives at the Saratoga meet…. Always difficult. I managed to hit the early one yesterday that was boosted by the longer shot in race two. A few of them have been nearly impossible and a few have been fairly straightforward. Had one very bad beat but you get those heartbreaks in those pools. A real challenge to string winners together at the spa.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #34
1st time lasix

I did get my annual week visit I n Saratoga…. It was delightful. Saw the Jim Dandy and the weather that week was cool. With owner credentials I go to backside and Oklahoma every morning at dawn. 🐎They are truly majestic athletes up close and it’s fun to see all the big players at work. Got a lot of pictures and bought some racing art for my home. In the afternoon we experience the races from the rail…the grandstands… the paddock… and the boxes. Each has its merits…. At end of the day we either visit Siro's… The Brook…. Sperry’s…. 9 Maple…. 15 Church… Prime…. Or Marino’s Pizza. A great week I look forward to every season. With Covid last year I likely cherished the experience a bit more …. Good luck to all.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #35
Zman179
Registered Wacko

So far I’m not doing so good, but Saratoga is the only place where I don’t mind getting my butt kicked (as long as I’m up there.)
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #36
classhandicapper

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but since a change was implied earlier in the thread I'll just put it here to start.

Quote:
Pat Cummings
@PatCummingsTIF
NYRA CEO Dave O’Rourke tells Racing & Gaming Conference at Saratoga they are now limiting CRWs to bet in win pool at 2MTP and no sooner to limit late win pool changes.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #37
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but since a change was implied earlier in the thread I'll just put it here to start.
Thanks for the update. It will add another level of interest...watching to see if, and how, this affects the last flashes of the odds.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:47 PM   #38
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Thanks for the update. It will add another level of interest...watching to see if, and how, this affects the last flashes of the odds.

It's been affecting it for weeks yet somehow literally nobody has even noticed.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #39
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post

been some players complaining about Del Mar, in contrast
Old 08-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #40
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Old 08-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #41
Poindexter

Quote:
There you go again, you are always mocking folks. At least you are consistent with your 1 sentence. Not speaking for myself as I haven't bet Saratoga this meet and haven't bet it 5 times in my life, but when you make a change like limiting the crw's to not bet after the last 2 minutes, it is going to be a subtle change. It is not like people are going to instantly realize that the game is easier and better for them. Judging by your post I assume that is what you expect(ed).

They are still betting (I assume) they just aren't betting at the last second. I actually advised this very strategy at least once on this forum so glad that NYRA is taking some proactive measures to improve the game. Also what is not clear to me (based on ch's post) is when is there money showing up in the pools. Just because they bet at 2 minutes to post, does there money show up at 1.5 minutes to post, 30 seconds to post, perhaps after the bell? Does it vary depending on where they are betting? Ideally it would be instantaneously, because that will attract bettors to horses the whales aren't playing and boost handle by providing some betting opportunities that bettors did not know existed (eg the 4 goes from 8-1 to 12-1 and some folks who like the 4 now bet him because at 8-1 he wasn't worth a play, at 12-1 he is). If the money doesn't show up until after the race is off that only hurts the whales, but doesn't help the rest nearly as much.

Fwiw, from what I have seen on the keeping the crw's out of nyra $1 pick 6, even with the increased takeout on the carryover day, most of the payoffs on carryover days have been very good(it has only been a handful of days to my knowledge-I am pretty busy these days and not following it that much). I don't know how the handle/profit has been for nyra, but the advantage for horse players has been excellent from what I have seen.

Ps not posting for next 5 days so don't expect a response from me(not that you care) but your one liners are always welcome. I am sure I will find time to read 1 sentence.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #42
the little guy

I cannot recommend the ignore feature enough
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #43
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
There you go again, you are always mocking folks. At least you are consistent with your 1 sentence. Not speaking for myself as I haven't bet Saratoga this meet and haven't bet it 5 times in my life, but when you make a change like limiting the crw's to not bet after the last 2 minutes, it is going to be a subtle change. It is not like people are going to instantly realize that the game is easier and better for them. Judging by your post I assume that is what you expect(ed).
It has nothing to do with game becoming easier (that would take quite some time to notice on an individual basis...and most people's game won't become easier anyway, since most people are ALWAYS going to LOSE no matter what).

It was about simply noticing the lack of huge odds changes in the WPS pools after the bell...and I'm sure you will agree, that's something everybody seems to notice, especially when said horse wins (they never mention the ones who lose, oddly).
Old 08-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #44
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I have noticed that, but didnt know about the new rule. Nice.

I do wonder what post time they are using. Is it the scheduled time of the race or the time the gate opens? the latter being a little hard to determine the two minutes before mark.

I would rather have ALL betting stopped when the first horse enters the gate, which is always after the scheduled time of the race.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #45
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I would rather have ALL betting stopped when the first horse enters the gate, which is always after the scheduled time of the race.
Tried and FAILED.
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply