Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #2191
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
They are a 'chemical' company, but I heard it was for delivery systems for the 'vaccine' that will be available soon. Glass ampules, plastic syringes, needles,...
stuff that is now coming from Asia and a supply chain barrier for fast US availability.
Davew, The article I posted a couple pages back, said it was to produce chemicals including Hydroxy--. None of the articles I've read, said anything about delivery systems. That's what Retractable Technologies does(very well). Chemicals and systems to produce cameras, film, and medical ingredients are worlds apart.

Even the medical specialized chemists have totally different skill sets. I've worked as a consultant in a medical products industry(delivery systems) and the total facility clean room conditions are most likely not required to make cameras or film devel. chems. It's on the level of surgical rooms, but on a massive scale, and Kodak will surely be required to build and install that. On the other hand, they did produce aspirin for a while back in the 90's, but sold all those facilities. I would agree that their film chems. production would help them to get up to speed faster than someone who makes widgets, but not faster than a hundred large pharmaceutical companies. Not even close. Somebody's getting paid.
(edit) My thinking is Peter Navarro, who's Trump Czar on bringing manufacturing back to the US has taking every opportunity to stick it to the large Pharm companies who have been making products overseas(China & Asia). They recently seized a lot of masks and other PPE's that 3M made abroad to sell to other countries.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 08-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #2192
sammy the sage

Futures up this morning....expect a hard drop during the day today....unless of course....there WAS a secret stimulus deal done over THE weekend UNDER the table...but....for us common folk....WTFK's...right

If not done tho...hard drop is my call for today....
Old 08-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #2193
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Futures up this morning....expect a hard drop during the day today....unless of course....there WAS a secret stimulus deal done over THE weekend UNDER the table...but....for us common folk....WTFK's...right

If not done tho...hard drop is my call for today....
I hope not...Apple up over $7 before market opens

WHAT A FREAKING RUN its on

I keep moving up my stop order
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #2194
sammy the sage

Well that WAS AN embarrassing projection....surprised wasn't torn to shreds here...

guess the stimulus isn't quite baked into the cake yet....

this whole thing is absolutely NUTS...
Old 08-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #2195
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why predict?

All you have to do is react.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #2196
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why predict?

All you have to do is react.
Because Sammy has balls! See how many others here step up to the plate.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 11:12 PM   #2197
lamboguy

these markets go up every day now. something gets it to go for whatever reason. it really looks like its going up pricewise for awhile longer.

the only caveat is that for the month of July the S+P went up 4%, but the dollar dropped 4% in that same time frame. so you basically broke even except for the taxes you paid if you sold your positions.

don't forget that the best performing asset class in all currencies has been GOLD for this whole century so far. i suspect it will be one of the top assets going forward as well.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 01:34 AM   #2198
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Wat?
Old 08-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #2199
lamboguy

i left off bitcoin in my asset class. bitcoin did move up much more than gold but ti does cost over $8000 to mine 1 coin.

plus i have no idea if it is a real asset anyway. but it might be. i don't have to much of a handle about it.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:34 AM   #2200
FakeNameChanged

Balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Would they look something like this?

I mentioned back on 3/30 that my own indicators said the market was reversing, #1776 and again in #1858 that all indicators are green. The market leads the economy by 6-9 months. In other words the economy is a trailing or lagging indicator of the stock market. This market with all the bad news on the economy is a screaming BUY right now. Hopefully everyone has kept some powder dry.

Or maybe it looks like these:

http://schrts.co/CsEjcqqx

http://schrts.co/zIXiDzZx

http://schrts.co/qeMGEgwz

I seem to remember you and another gentleman strongly disagreeing, which is fine when you're a contrarian in my case.

Oh, good on Sammy, don't have a problem with his prediction at all.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 AM   #2201
mikesal57
Veteran

Now....TODAY is going to be a downer.....
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #2202
lamboguy

china making it hard for their citizens to buy gold

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN24U1C4
Old 08-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #2203
lamboguy

https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/mux/earnings-calendar
Old 08-04-2020, 10:58 AM   #2204
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Would they look something like this?

I mentioned back on 3/30 that my own indicators said the market was reversing, #1776 and again in #1858 that all indicators are green. The market leads the economy by 6-9 months. In other words the economy is a trailing or lagging indicator of the stock market. This market with all the bad news on the economy is a screaming BUY right now. Hopefully everyone has kept some powder dry.

Or maybe it looks like these:

http://schrts.co/CsEjcqqx

http://schrts.co/zIXiDzZx

http://schrts.co/qeMGEgwz

I seem to remember you and another gentleman strongly disagreeing, which is fine when you're a contrarian in my case.

Oh, good on Sammy, don't have a problem with his prediction at all.
All great posts.Thanks for posting.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #2205
Secondbest

[QUOTE=Secondbest;2624994]Stock futures opened lower. Gold opened higher. Gold has been in a large box range for a few months now. It's right at the top now. I'm keeping an eye on it. If and it's a big one it's breaks up and hold for 2 days.a good rally could occur. It measures to just shy of 2000. It might be worth looking at if your so inclined[/QUO

August gold is at 1995 up $29. The more heavily traded DEC contract is at 2017. NUGT the 2x gold miner etf , which I bought went from 72 at the breakout to 108 now. As long as the dollar is weak gold will go higher.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: