Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #31
davew

Within 70 votes but a couple thousand absentee ballots counted tomorrow...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #32
elysiantraveller

Recount pending but it appears Lamb has it....

Crazy.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #33
_______
Veteran

I’m seeing a lead of over 800 votes now. Still 2 precincts pending. Went out for a walk and came back to a fairly large change. Weird.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I’m seeing a lead of over 800 votes now. Still 2 precincts pending. Went out for a walk and came back to a fairly large change. Weird.
Chicago comes through in the stretch.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 PM   #35
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Lots of Repubs voting for the Dem?

“The reason I put Lamb’s party ID in quotes is because he’s all but unrecognizable as a Democrat. He’s pro-gun (opposed to a ban on assault weapons), personally pro-life, has nothing nice to say about Nancy Pelosi and nothing bad to say about Donald Trump. For all intents and purposes he’s a moderate Republican, at least until the vote tonight is over. So who cares who wins this race?”

Interesting candidate. Also reading that Trump hated the Repub?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #36
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Absentee ballots counted from Allegheny County accounted for the jump.

There are 203 absentee ballots from Greene, 1190 from Washington, and 1808 from Westmoreland to be counted in the next few days.

Votes Election Day in Greene went 58.3% for Saccone, 53.7% in Washington, 57.5% in Westmoreland.

That would be a pick up of 33 votes in Greene, 88 in Washington, and 270 in Westmoreland if the absentee votes break the same. That would give Saccone about 1/2 the votes he needs to overtake Lamb.

I have no idea if the absentee ballots break red or blue compared to the overall electorate. Would need a very heavy red tilt to give Saccone the win.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #37
_______
Veteran

All precincts in. Lamb by 579 pending absentee ballots from 3 counties above.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's a serious question for you guys who might know better than me.

You guys that crow about these areas that voted so heavily for Trump but are now backing away from Republicans.

Why do you think that is?

Is it Trump? He's NOT any DIFFERENT then the guy they voted for...they GOT what they VOTED for, pretty much...wouldn't you say?

So what is it? The country is doing quite well by all metrics since Trump took office.

So what is it? Serious, serious question. I'd love to know.

I'm pretty sure you guys will come up with SOME answer...but I'm guessing deep in your gut, you have not a clue why this would happen.

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it. My guess is, somehow, someway, the Dems are way more motivated than Republicans...and they are getting out the vote way more effectively...and perhaps creating lots of votes, somehow, along the way.

But there will never be a special counsel investigating that kind of election tampering...no sir.

Russia spook, on the other hand...that gets a special counsel...some ads on Facebook and Twitter gets a special counsel...

LULZ

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-14-2018 at 12:10 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #39
ElKabong

Quote:
Good point. Absentee ballots received by Election Day are already counted. I’m not sure how long Pennsylvania allows for ballots afterwards, if any period.
Msnbc reporting slightly less than 1500 absentee ballots to be counted.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #40
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

You guys that crow about these areas that voted so heavily for Trump but are now backing away from Republicans.

Is it Trump? He's NOT any DIFFERENT then the guy they voted for...they GOT what they VOTED for, pretty much...wouldn't you say?

So what is it? The country is doing quite well by all metrics since Trump took office.

I'm pretty sure you guys will come up with SOME answer...but I'm guessing deep in your gut, you have not a clue why this would happen.
Answer... Fourth paragraph, first sentence... Affirmative.

Trump was elected because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Simple as that. People like me that voted for him did so while holding our noses. Since the election, he's been the shithole Potus we knew he'd be and the nation has grown tired of his tweets, quick trigger firings, and his ever increasing disgrace to the office by his personality and lack of class.

Obama won only because he ran against a weak candidate plus a scary financial downfall that made anyone that looked like an outsider, appealing. He was a shithole of a candidate... Same for trump. He never was a good candidate. He was fortunate to run against a woman who was corrupt, didn't get her fat ass on a plane to blue Midwest states, and passed out in broad daylight in Manhattan.

Btw, the pubbie might still win this election tonight, it's very close. But trump is killing the Republican Party.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 AM   #41
davew

.... just like 0bama killed the dims.

the radical left has to become more moderate to win.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 12:41 AM   #42
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Trump was elected because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Simple as that. People like me that voted for him did so while holding our noses. Since the election, he's been the shithole Potus we knew he'd be and the nation has grown tired of his tweets, quick trigger firings, and his ever increasing disgrace to the office by his personality and lack of class.

Obama won only because he ran against a weak candidate plus a scary financial downfall that made anyone that looked like an outsider, appealing. He was a shithole of a candidate... Same for trump. He never was a good candidate. He was fortunate to run against a woman who was corrupt, didn't get her fat ass on a plane to blue Midwest states, and passed out in broad daylight in Manhattan.

Btw, the pubbie might still win this election tonight, it's very close. But trump is killing the Republican Party.

speak for yourself not the nation.

most the nation is happy with his firings, and its your opinion of his personality and class however thats not everyones opinion.

President Trump will win in 2020
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 AM   #43
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it. My guess is, somehow, someway, the Dems are way more motivated than Republicans...and they are getting out the vote way more effectively...and perhaps creating lots of votes, somehow, along the way.

But there will never be a special counsel investigating that kind of election tampering...no sir.

Russia spook, on the other hand...that gets a special counsel...some ads on Facebook and Twitter gets a special counsel...

LULZ
Part of this is just the normal circadian rhythm of American politics. The party in power loses seats in off year elections. That has been going on our entire lives. This year is no different.

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters. I’m done getting in useless arguments here so you’ll just have to take my word that despite how you and many others feel, more of the country dislikes his leadership.

As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #44
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

This and more. A lot of voters leaning left didn't bother to vote because Hillary was just too annoying (and was not Obama), the Clintons were just too greedy and toxic, and they thought Trump losing was a no-brainer.

Also, Trump fired up the "alt-right" vote, the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more" crowd. They took him at his word that he was going to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with something terrific. That he would build a wall and deport 12 million illegals and let the good ones back in. That he would put 45% tariffs on China and bring back hundreds of thousands of American jobs.

I think a lot of those folks didn't vote regularly, and they voted for Trump, and their lives haven't change, and they have gone back to not voting. Especially in special elections they don't know and don't care about.

So we are back to "normal", where special elections are determined by a very small minority of regular, partisan voters.

Will the alt-right voters come back in 2018? I doubt it. In 2020? Depends on how emotional the issues get. Will the Dems put up a charismatic candidate like Obama who will bring out a lot of folks that don't regularly vote? Name one.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:51 AM   #45
Clocker

Quote:

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters.
Real Clear Politics survey of current polls puts Trump at 54% disapprove, 41% approve.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls...al-6179.html#!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: