Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-07-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
Molock

Where's Sartin?

Okay, now there's a 2nd person who hasn't been able to get a hold of the man or his company. I had heard he was sick but does anyone know whether he's still in business (meaning his daughter and son who ran the business mostly)? Is it permanent or temporary? While some may think his software and philosophy are old hat, there's no denying his importance in the history of handicapping.
Molock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 12:23 PM   #2
alyingthief

i spoke with them several months ago about purchasing Synthesis, a program that had every printout and rating the organization ever used. it uses trackmaster files with autodownload facilities, etc. the daughter, with whom i spoke, tried to sell me a blackbox which, she said, obviated the need ever to handicap again, blah, blah.

i think you can go through trackmaster to get to them; i used an email to shane, the son, and it took a couple of tries before i received a reply.
alyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 01:57 PM   #3
Vinnie

Sartin or Sartins, where art thou!

Hey Guys,

I have tried continually to reach these folks, but, to no avail. I have sent them emails and I am having difficulty getting my Synthesis program going even though it may be that I am simply using the wrong type of TrackMaster file. I don't know what it is at that point?! Any light that you guys may be able to shed would be much appreciated.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Vinnie

Sartin Synthesis

Shane,

Another thought:

I know the program used to use the TrackMaster File that was "format B" I believe. Do you have to download the converter from the Trackmaster site for it to work properly. Do you know?!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 02:43 PM   #5
GR1@HTR

I looked into Sartin stuff when I first started handicapping. Just like you all, I had a difficult time getting in touch with these folks. Not a good thing...
GR1@HTR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 05:57 PM   #6
Dick Schmidt
Surly Member

To all,

Though I haven't been the flavor-of-the-month in Sartin land for some time now, I still have a few friends close to the organization that I talk to once in a while. A couple of days ago, Howard suffered a heart attack, was hospitalized in Banning and then transferred to the Loma Linda medical center, where he remained in critical condition. I'm sure one of the reasons no one is returning calls and e-mails is that the office staff nowadays consists of his daughter Mary and his son when he bothers to show up. Chances are, both are spending a lot of time at the hospital and with their mother.

When Howard goes, I would think that the business would go with him, though Mary might try to keep it alive for a bit. It would seem that PIRCO is at an end. It's spirit died long ago.

Dick
Dick Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 06:48 PM   #7
superfecta
no fat chicks

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt
To all,

Though I haven't been the flavor-of-the-month in Sartin land for some time now, I still have a few friends close to the organization that I talk to once in a while. A couple of days ago, Howard suffered a heart attack, was hospitalized in Banning and then transferred to the Loma Linda medical center, where he remained in critical condition. I'm sure one of the reasons no one is returning calls and e-mails is that the office staff nowadays consists of his daughter Mary and his son when he bothers to show up. Chances are, both are spending a lot of time at the hospital and with their mother.

When Howard goes, I would think that the business would go with him, though Mary might try to keep it alive for a bit. It would seem that PIRCO is at an end. It's spirit died long ago.

Dick
Being morbid,I wonder Dick,would you care to resurrect PIRCO after Sartin is gone?Or maybe something similar in nature with the guys that started the modern pace movement with your book?
Old 06-07-2002, 07:36 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Talking Doc Sartin

I knew he had been ill for a long time (December?).
Sorry to hear he is still not doing good.
Say what you will, I repsect him, PIRCO, and all the good time we had at the annual seminars.
I still use many of the tools I learned from that group, and I still love K-gen.
Get well Doc.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:40 PM   #9
Lefty

Vinnie, when I was using the Synthesis download from Trackmaster I just used the regular comma delimited file; never did use B. Maybe your prgm has corrupted somehow are maybe their files have. Haven't used them in a long time and I understand I would have to re-register to do so as I have forgotten what I used for name and password over there.

AND< get well, Doc.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2002, 08:53 PM   #10
Molock

I am sorry to hear about Howard's sickness, but as I said, he was definitely looking his age. I have nothing but nice things to say about him. I usually haven't had any problems getting ahold of anybody which is why I thought something was up.

To Vinnie:
I had a friend who had Synthesis but he didn't have to use the conversion tool at all, and it's been forever since I downloaded something for Validator and with the web site changing almost daily it seems...
Molock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2002, 01:14 AM   #11
Dick Schmidt
Surly Member

Super,

"Being morbid,I wonder Dick,would you care to resurrect PIRCO after Sartin is gone?Or maybe something similar in nature with the guys that started the modern pace movement with your book?"

No.

Dick

P.S. For the record, pace started long before I wrote a word about it.
Dick Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply