Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:52 AM   #4891
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This is for you, hangar.
Now get out there and show us what you got.

This requires more thought, than bankroll ....but if you're careful, keep meticulous records of wins and loss---and your thoughts on why---you'll have something positive to report back. Guaranteed

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-16-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #4892
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
This is for you, hangar.
Now get out there and show us what you got.

This requires more thought, than bankroll ....but if you're careful, keep meticulous records of wins and loss---and your thoughts on why---you'll have something positive to report back. Guaranteed

Oh man- straight from the horses mouth on accepting the value numbers. Just looking at those will save some time with dissecting the consensus and reading the public on it.
If a race has a 58, 27, 31 and the 58 is 5-1 and the 27 is 9/5. I have a overlay/underlay according to the consensus and the “value” generated. Now tracking these and how they run will be a good number to me. Thank you, NCG

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-16-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #4893
green80

And another Platinum Power Duck today in the 7th at Lad, Humor's Reward $27.80
Old 05-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #4894
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Sorry, this is hard to read. Actually there is an entire 'nuther half to EXOTIC BETS!..I'll try to get to that hopefully tonight.

I even forgot to post this, until I checked this afternoon. Basically what I'm saying here is--each one of these "points" a horse gets --is equal to his ranking in the race--in that category. So all 1's is tops, and so on.

The HOT LIST uses just fundamental handicapping--nothing mysterious or secretive. The lower-tier tracks work best--check out the PREAKNESS....this Hot List will help not one bit---they're all in tip-top shape and ready to roll (or should be)

The horses I circled on the Comp List--appear better than their ML...and I was being conservative.

Both lists---for those not faint at heart--had longshots and connected winners a'plenty.

I'll show the other side (the "PICK-9" side)- later on.

If you can use a little help when you start your handicapping----here ya go EXOTIC BETS!

Less than $50--American

*next time you bet on a horse that CAN'T lose --just for the hell of it--take a look at where he ranks compared to the rest of the field--might surprise you, and usually not in a good way--NCG
Old 05-22-2018, 02:22 AM   #4895
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Toss in another Best-Five Consensus p-3,4,5,6,7,8

Thistledown doesn't have a Pick-7 or Pick-8, unfortunately. With their legislated, mandated, carry-over-for-no-damn-reason....why even play it?

Old 05-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #4896
green80

pick 6 carryover

Don't they have the carryover until there is a single ticket with all the winners?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 PM   #4897
lefty359

Handicapping With Platinum

Greg, I haven't figured out how to win with Platinum yet. Had a horrible day last Sun at CD. On your website there's a section on how to handicap with it, but when I click on learn more that's as far as I can get, can't get page to move where the info is. Can you get this info to me? I should be in your files as Charles Swope or Chuck Swope, or send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #4898
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Hell I'm not sure of anything, anymore. P-4 is as deep as I go, nowadays.

I wanted to--before I die--was to hit a pick-6. The magical mystique of the pick-6 is gone. You hit the PICK-6!!! Big fawken deal.

I've been home all day, listening to music and working on a new program. LOL funny thing is...I decided to call it "SPEED DEMONS' since speed will be an important component (as SPEED always has, since the 1st two thoroughbreds raced across the desert)

Turns out Steve Wolter, Pandy, and others have had a version of "Speed Demons". Mine has a chance to be much better, though....no offense. I got stuff so far-fetched, it's sick.

Speed is the ultimate bias? You're damn right it is.

Been listening to oldies, BeeGees, Al Green, etc...on my "Alexa" from Amazon. I understand Google also has a version. You can literally listen to ANYTHING you want--right now.

My daughter (being awarded her Batchelor's Degree in Business next week) naturally thinks she pretty much knows all their is to know about anything important.

Anyway....I had to laugh..I listen to "Ballad of Green Berets" almost everyday just because I can. This young person (my daughter) who's never even LIVED yet....passes instant judgement:

Opening line:"FIGHTING SOLDIERS, FROM THE SKY" ...."FEARLESS MEN---WHO JUMP AND DIE"

My daughter ponders this first line briefly--then declares

"WELL THAT'S PRETTY STUPID!" (I presume the "jumping and dying" part) ...maybe you had to be there, but this is what our Universities are producing nowadays.) God help us all.

Since I'm on the subject of songs from the past...4 of my son's higher-educated buddies---not a one had a clue about this trivia question:

You all know Jonny Horton ("North to Alaska" --"Sink the Bismark") and many more "historical-themed" tunes.
All of a sudden, Alexa plays "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"

I'm listening on my comp...and decide to ask a trivia question. Me: "So....what was interesting about the "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"?

Keep in mind, two of the four have degrees in History...and probably consider me as some fool living in the past.

No one knew the answer....and I didn't bother.

When knocking down memorials, and erasing history, takes a back seat to knowledge and learning from the past--history becomes irrelevant.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #4899
lefty359

Greg, was that supposed to be an answer to my question? All I want is the Handicapping With Platinum that's on your website that I can't get to. Please PM me with that info.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #4900
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Greg, was that supposed to be an answer to my question? All I want is the Handicapping With Platinum that's on your website that I can't get to. Please PM me with that info.
Yeah....that was your answer.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #4901
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Hell I'm not sure of anything, anymore. P-4 is as deep as I go, nowadays.

I wanted to--before I die--was to hit a pick-6. The magical mystique of the pick-6 is gone. You hit the PICK-6!!! Big fawken deal.

I've been home all day, listening to music and working on a new program. LOL funny thing is...I decided to call it "SPEED DEMONS' since speed will be an important component (as SPEED always has, since the 1st two thoroughbreds raced across the desert)

Turns out Steve Wolter, Pandy, and others have had a version of "Speed Demons". Mine has a chance to be much better, though....no offense. I got stuff so far-fetched, it's sick.

Speed is the ultimate bias? You're damn right it is.

Been listening to oldies, BeeGees, Al Green, etc...on my "Alexa" from Amazon. I understand Google also has a version. You can literally listen to ANYTHING you want--right now.

My daughter (being awarded her Batchelor's Degree in Business next week) naturally thinks she pretty much knows all their is to know about anything important.

Anyway....I had to laugh..I listen to "Ballad of Green Berets" almost everyday just because I can. This young person (my daughter) who's never even LIVED yet....passes instant judgement:

Opening line:"FIGHTING SOLDIERS, FROM THE SKY" ...."FEARLESS MEN---WHO JUMP AND DIE"

My daughter ponders this first line briefly--then declares

"WELL THAT'S PRETTY STUPID!" (I presume the "jumping and dying" part) ...maybe you had to be there, but this is what our Universities are producing nowadays.) God help us all.

Since I'm on the subject of songs from the past...4 of my son's higher-educated buddies---not a one had a clue about this trivia question:

You all know Jonny Horton ("North to Alaska" --"Sink the Bismark") and many more "historical-themed" tunes.
All of a sudden, Alexa plays "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"

I'm listening on my comp...and decide to ask a trivia question. Me: "So....what was interesting about the "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"?

Keep in mind, two of the four have degrees in History...and probably consider me as some fool living in the past.

No one knew the answer....and I didn't bother.

When knocking down memorials, and erasing history, takes a back seat to knowledge and learning from the past--history becomes irrelevant.

I totally understand, I have 2 daughters graduating from college next year.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:54 AM   #4902
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I was the exact same know-it-all way, Ed (weren't we all?) at that age....only difference was, I didn't even have a High School degree.

Most of us won't live long enough to see the results of this video-game, computerized world, and their mark on society.

Every now and then.....I'm literally stunned by the brilliance of some young people today.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:08 AM   #4903
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This might be better suited for Halloween......

This is all the news that fit to print--from Pace-Villia

We have a new "star" programmer ("star") means he knows his sh*t. Plus, you know...he's got me in case he gets stuck somewhere.

We have a backup programmer who I can't even get ahold of, anymore. Plus....he's already been paid LOL.

Let me let you "programmers" in on a secret:

Guys with no certs--limited skills, etc....are a dime a dozen.

Your value here, is your "skills" combined with your knowledge of Horse Racing.

OR----Make your own program..that's an idea.

Combine all that, with top notch marketing, secretarial, problem-solving, and plain old bullshitting skills....and a couple thousand $$ minimum, and you may have a shot.

Good luck

Almost forgot--there will be a brand-new Pace-View program, but--we are forced to start over completely. So no idea of the ETA on that, it'll be awhile.

Does anyone (besides Justin Wing-man) remember the "Claimed for Nothing" play?
I always swore if I could just play that one program and nothing else---I would get rich. Well....turns out there is as much horse players innuendo and expertise/experience, as the cold hard facts a mechanical play requires.

We programmed it as best we could, but at the time we were trying to crank out more proven plays, so I don't think CLAIMED FOR NOTHING got it's proper testing.

For the hell of it I'll post the plays...and if it does, indeed turn out to be the "Rosetta Stone".....well you'll never see my @$$ again.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #4904
Harmonicaslim

E-1

Greg,

Your E-1 method nailed the 5th @ CT last night and paid $19.80.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #4905
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Someone actually left Charlestown with money in their pocket? From betting horses? Probably lost it all on the Elvis slots that--when you win 50cents Elvis sings "I'm all shook up"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: