Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-20-2018, 05:24 AM   #76
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
didnt know they had armed air marshals disguised at passengers since 1962.

again this has nothing to do with safety of domestic flights.
United States Air Force Military Police Officers we’re drafted into that duty for several years. I worked for a very senior NCO (Smsgt) that did it for two years. He was a black guy with a huge Afro during the time. He had some great pictures

He was forced to transfer to customs, but was still in the Air Force

Last edited by JustRalph; 05-20-2018 at 05:28 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 05:38 AM   #77
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Any particular country in Asia? I mean -- you're asking (I presume) why there are more shootings in this country by citizens than on an entire continent. Communist China occupies a huge chunk of Asia. They don't have our kind of problem because they're a totalitarian state but I don't think you believe that communism would be the answer for us, right?

if i never already knew you were nuts, then this puts it beyond doubt.
fruit loop extraodinaire.

one has sweet fug all to do with the other.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #78
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/20...ther-says.html

Good old fashioned domestic?
Old 05-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #79
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

So the punk gets rejected by a girl, kills her and shoots another dozen plus students. What is it these days where kids can't seem to properly cope with everyday life?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #80
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What is it these days where kids can't seem to properly cope with everyday life?

Their parents and the public school system never teach them discipline or to take responsibility for their own actions.

How many school shootings have there been at private or parochial schools?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #81
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
So the punk gets rejected by a girl, kills her and shoots another dozen plus students. What is it these days where kids can't seem to properly cope with everyday life?

Therein lies the real problem.

We have a bubble boy philosophy in raising our children that everybody is a winner. Then, when the real world hits and they aren't the bestest of the best, they have no idea how to cope because all they've ever known is that they are #1.

There are winners and there are losers. Anybody over the age of 40 learned those lessons early in life.

Quit with the PC way of raising kids. That would be a start.

While that will never happen, and will take decades to indoctrinate, how about doing something substantial and immediately available in protecting your schools and your children?

Protect your children now, or just keep whining and complaining and get on TV with absurd protests about nothing that will resolve the problem.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #82
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Their parents and the public school system never teach them discipline or to take responsibility for their own actions.
How many school shootings have there been at private or parochial schools?
Only 10% of K-12 students attend a private school. Of those 10%, 78% are in religion-affiliated school. So obviously they are very much in the minority of K-12 students.

But I'm sure that rare hand will be dealt eventually.

And I'm not really disagreeing with you, the private school kids probably also have a more stable structure at home than many public kids.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #83
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

And I'm not really disagreeing with you, the private school kids probably also have a more stable structure at home than many public kids.

You mean like a two-parent household, where the little darling is not allowed to pick which of 33 sexes it "identifies as" today?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #84
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Only 10% of K-12 students attend a private school. Of those 10%, 78% are in religion-affiliated school. So obviously they are very much in the minority of K-12 students.

But I'm sure that rare hand will be dealt eventually.

Wow! I guess Karl Marx had something right for once when he said that "Religion is the opium of the masses".

Even though Christian religious schools are in the small minority, nonetheless it's rare that we find one in the news that has somehow been involved in a deadly shooting. Most of the kids in these schools must be so strung out 24/7 that they have little or no interest in going on the kinds of bloody killing sprees their counterparts in public schools do.

Karl Marx rocks.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #85
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trade gun ownership for totalitarian Communist government.

Good plan.
I haven't seen any poster here suggest that. Exactly who did, here?
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #86
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
if i never already knew you were nuts, then this puts it beyond doubt.
fruit loop extraodinaire.

one has sweet fug all to do with the other.
You think? Maybe that's why I asked the question, Mr. Xpert in Fruit Loops.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #87
boxcar

Permit me to offer some concrete and common sense suggestions for steps that could be taken to improve security in schools, apart from the government nullifying the 2nd Amendment by confiscating guns en masse.

1. Install more security cameras that will cover all entrances to a classroom.

2. Install multiple monitors in the back of all classrooms so that teachers can keep an eye out on what is going on in the hallway.

3. Lock down the school tighter than a drum immediately after the first period begins.

3. Ditto for classrooms once a class begins. Upgrade classroom doors to steel electronic types so that entrance into the class room can only be controlled by the teacher electronically.

4. An armed security officer (private or public) should be in every school and constantly patrolling the hallways and entrances to the building.

5. Teachers who freely volunteer to get licensed to carry a gun and who freely volunteer to take gun safety, gun self-defense and shooting courses should be allowed into any classroom wearing their hardware. And any teacher who volunteers to take on this additional responsibility should be compensated more money than their colleagues who don't.

I guarantee you that if all these steps were implemented, there would be a sharp decline in school violence.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #88
elysiantraveller

Best solution would be to stop raising ****ed up kids.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #89
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Best solution would be to stop raising ****ed up kids.
That's worthy of another thread of its own. But the big problem with your "solution" is that bad trees cannot produce good fruit. Or...put into secular terms -- most apples don't fall from their tree.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #90
Inner Dirt

I wonder if school shootings and teen suicides started increasing when the ass whipping was outlawed and was considered child abuse?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: