Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Do you really think track is the example you want to use of a clean sport? Maybe you don't know much about track but two seconds of research will find rumors of cheating and blood doping against virtually any top runner---same as we get here against virtually every top trainer.
I have no idea how my post suggests in any way that track & field is a clean sport. The point-- which I think is fairly obvious-- was to show just how prevalent cheating is in track & field and to ask why anyone thinks it's different in horse racing given how these supertrainers have popped up all over the place in the past 15 years or so.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #17
maclr11

I'll say this, Diodoro wins more races in the race office than anyone I know. Especially at turf paradise and Canterbury.
maclr11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #18
JohnGalt1

Trainers who place their horses in the right spot at the right--or one step lower than the right price will do better than those who think all their horses are the next coming of Secretariat or Zenyatta and run 2-3 levels too high.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #19
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Yes, and a very poor average field size at Emerald so the win rates will be higher for everyone than at most tracks. Metz doesn't make me shake my head at all. Diodoro, on the other hand, is in the same bin as Broberg, Navarro, Preciado, etc...
Agreed pal. But since field size has increased at EMD, Metz is batting 11%.

These other juicers overcome anything. It's 1 reason I targeted EMD, no juice heads. Just handicapping.

And since Couton wasn't around for the first 5 weeks of the meet, there wasn't a single race, where my gut said : What a fix/stiff etc.

100% true racing.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmark
Really? thanks for sharing your negativity.
Where are the rest of your posts about other negative comments?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #21
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Yes, and a very poor average field size at Emerald so the win rates will be higher for everyone than at most tracks. Metz doesn't make me shake my head at all. Diodoro, on the other hand, is in the same bin as Broberg, Navarro, Preciado, etc...
Speaking of Broberg, he's going to have a string at Canterbury.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #22
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I know , I'm biased but EMD is pretty much supertrainer free. You don't see magical move up there. There are some hot trainers but that's because their shoppers are just better.
Weren't you ripping EMD last year and swearing off ever playing there again? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #23
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Yeah, these 25%+ trainers do it all with hay and oats.

As I have an interest in human running, I thought I'd pass on this graphic of the women's 1500m finalists from the 2012 Olympics. If horse racing had any real integrity and was serious about testing for PED's, this is what would happen to the supertrainers.

http://runningmagazine.ca/womens-150...lympic-doping/
Things have changed. Times are slower than they were 10 years ago. It's taking raciing longer to clean up than it took those other sports.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
Weren't you ripping EMD last year and swearing off ever playing there again? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes, that was me. Simply because of Julien Couton and "I got caught at the gate with a battery Jake Barton".

Both clowns were away for the 1st 4 weeks of the meet.

Not one race was "peculiar", so far this year.

Both are back now. We'll see.

P.S. I call it like it is. No biased opinions here. If the racing is great, I say it. If all off a sudden someone is stiffing horses, I say it.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 05-19-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #25
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Yes, that was me. Simply because of Julien Couton and "I got caught at the gate with a battery Jake Barton".

P.S. I call it like it is. No biased opinions here. If the racing is great, I say it. If all off a sudden someone is stiffing horses, I say it.
All opinions are biased, that's why they call them opinions not facts.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
All opinions are biased, that's why they call them opinions not facts.
Doubt there is anyone in America who watches, studies, reviews, documents, analyzes Emerald more than me.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:14 PM   #27
chenoa

Quote:

Buzzer Barton....what a joke. No surprise to see him turn up at Turf Paradise. Caught in the gate with a buzzer should have been lifetime ban. Sad part is the track where he got caught at he was back riding at years later. A leopard doesn't change his spots.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #28
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenoa
Buzzer Barton....what a joke. No surprise to see him turn up at Turf Paradise. Caught in the gate with a buzzer should have been lifetime ban. Sad part is the track where he got caught at he was back riding at years later. A leopard doesn't change his spots.
Well, at least we know when someone like Roman Chapa makes a return, where they will go