Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #121
classhandicapper

OKC vs. GS is a dream match up for fans. GS has the deeper bench and home court, but they are a little banged up and OKC is peaking at the right time. If Ibaka can be almost as productive as Draymond Green, this could be a great series. Durant/Westbrook vs. Curry/Thompson are going to make for some serious fireworks!
Old 05-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #122
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I think people droning on and on about the Harden trade is over given the play of Adams.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #123
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think people droning on and on about the Harden trade is over given the play of Adams.
I liked Adams from the start. They didn't need any more scoring. They needed a tough defensive big that wasn't a liability in every other way like Perkins. Adams was showing flashes of that right away. Now he's an asset! I love him.

I love your team.

If you guys had maybe one more solid bench player, this series would be close to pick'em on a neutral court

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-13-2016 at 01:31 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #124
Valuist

Shocking stat: the Warriors only led by a composite total of 47 minutes during the 5 game series vs Portland.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #125
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Shocking stat: the Warriors only led by a composite total of 47 minutes during the 5 game series vs Portland.
We will see how shocking this is after OKC gets done with them.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #126
lansdale

OKC vs. GSW

Should be a max entertaining series - guessing cj is pretty amped up for it. I see that OKC is being talked up in the media post-Spurs, but think they still have an uphill battle here. Unlike the Spurs, these guys don't need an oxygen tank on the sidelines.

Of course, KD and WB can match up, but wondering how OKC will handle GSW small ball/death squad without much in the way of defensive wings. Kanter was great as an immobile big vs. LMA, and will be factor re O-rebounding, but figures to get shredded by the Dubs P&R on D. Ezeli vs. Adams looks like a draw, and DG much better than Ibaka at this point. GSW bench much better than OKC, but seems likely that OKC will go with the same shortened rotation as in Spurs series and players like Singler, Payne etc, will remain superglued to the pine, so maybe not a factor. Bogut still out with injury now, so should help OKC somewhat.

Fans seem divided over whether GSW in 5 or 6. Somewhere in there seems right to me.

Series price - GSW -450.

Tonight's final score: GSW-118 OKC-108

Last edited by lansdale; 05-16-2016 at 07:32 PM.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #127
Valuist

Who will defend Draymond Green? That's a tough matchup....assuming he's 100%.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #128
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Who will defend Draymond Green? That's a tough matchup....assuming he's 100%.
Assume it will be Ibaka, but don't know who else. Regardless it's an impossible matchup for OKC. To be fair, DG is extraordinary - who else in the history of the game has the magnitude and combination of skills that he brings. Imagine if Rodman could also pass like a PG and shoot the three - that's what it's like. BTW, he's had five days to rest and says he's fine. Also, looks like Bogut is playing, so no breaks for OKC on that score. Should be great game.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #129
ronsmac

No love for back to back sweeps by the Cavs? Going for the hat trick starting tomorrow.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 09:43 PM   #130
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
No love for back to back sweeps by the Cavs? Going for the hat trick starting tomorrow.
The East stinks.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #131
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The East stinks.
There was a point in the season where the East had a winning record against Western conference teams. I didn't check to see how it played out. Anyway, it's hard to do better than a sweep.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #132
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
There was a point in the season where the East had a winning record against Western conference teams. I didn't check to see how it played out. Anyway, it's hard to do better than a sweep.
I'm not knocking the Cavs, they are doing what they have to do. I'm just saying there was no real threat against either of those teams.

The West, I'm nearly certain, had a better record again this year but not by the gap they've had in recent years.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:42 PM   #133
Stillriledup
Veteran

the 'ease' in which cle will get to the finals will be a bonus for them, the western team is going to have to work harder and that might be their undoing in the finals.

as far as gsw vs okc, okc will win the series, they're the better team. gotta watch the games carefully and not just open up the paper and go on reputation. there's a reason gsw gave up a buck 20 to portland in that final game that portland was supposed to lay down in
Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #134
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
the 'ease' in which cle will get to the finals will be a bonus for them, the western team is going to have to work harder and that might be their undoing in the finals.

as far as gsw vs okc, okc will win the series, they're the better team. gotta watch the games carefully and not just open up the paper and go on reputation. there's a reason gsw gave up a buck 20 to portland in that final game that portland was supposed to lay down in
Sometimes you have to make a bold and crazy prediction. If OKC wins this series there's a chance the Cavs can do the impossible and pull a Moses Malone. Foe foe foe foe.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:40 AM   #135
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes you have to make a bold and crazy prediction. If OKC wins this series there's a chance the Cavs can do the impossible and pull a Moses Malone. Foe foe foe foe.
im the king of crazy.