Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #6466
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
good luck pally
Respondents: none.

Got it.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #6467
highnote

Might be the Kiss of Death for Trump today -- he said he won't release any more of his tax returns. That is a big reason why Romney lost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b096e9f0933d32

Last edited by highnote; 05-11-2016 at 12:44 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #6468
reckless
Veteran

Donald J. Trump's chances of winning Massachusetts is not such as unlikely event -- despite what conventional wisdom, both nationally and on PA, says to the contrary.

Here are just a few reasons why a Trump win in Massachusetts is very likely come November:

1--Between 20,000-25,000 lifelong Democrats have left the party and have registered as Republicans. While Democrats still have a large 3-1 registered voter edge over Republicans, a full 52 percent of all registered voters, 4+ million total voters, are not aligned with either party.

2--Also, despite it's reputation as a liberal, Democrat state, the GOP has a history of winning state-wide elections.

Of the last five Massachusetts governors, four were Republicans. Seven of the last 12 governors in Massachusetts were Republicans.

3--Scott Brown, a then-unknown state senator from some tank town called Wrentham, defeated the popular Democrat state Attorney General, Martha Coakley in 2010. This was the infamous 'Ted Kennedy' seat and it was a momentous upset. Many people said then that Brown and the GOP couldn't win a state-wide election, just like what people here are saying right now about Trump vs. Hillary.

Last edited by reckless; 05-11-2016 at 12:46 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #6469
highnote

I suppose it was inevitable.... "Donald Ducks Tax Returns".
Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #6470
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Might be the Kiss of Death for Trump today -- he said he won't release any more of his tax returns. That is a big reason why Romney lost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b096e9f0933d32
Where are Hillary's Goldman transcripts? I don't care about them, but the Dem base may not be happy upon their release. I wonder when Trump hits her on that one.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #6471
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Where are Hillary's Goldman transcripts? I don't care about them, but the Dem base may not be happy upon their release. I wonder when Trump hits her on that one.
If he hasn't, he should.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #6472
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
The only way that happens is if Trump takes the Republican Congress down with him, which is a distinct possibility.

And it is not a matter of preferring, it is a matter of pointing out how Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot. Every time he flip-flops or runs his mouth without engaging his brain he increases the probability of the election of the weakest Democratic candidate in recent memory.
Yeah, the Republican Congress that was so successful in stopping Obama's spending agendas???

Don't make me laugh too hard Clocker.

If Trump gets body slammed by Hillary in the Fall and a shitload of Republicans go down in Congress with him...you know...that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Maybe a full-on leftist Democratic government with the debt this high already would be the death of Democrats for good, once they finally finish destroying America as we know it (I believe Classhandicapper stated the same thing in another thread).

It should be fun no matter what happens, and fun is all that matters these days, right?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #6473
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Maybe Drumpf can dig up Tricky Dick or even more appropriate for disaster inflictions- Hoover, to give him the requisite gravitas .

Yeah, like all those guys pictured really helped America become the shining beacon on the hill that it now is...trillions of dollars in debt and pretty much disrespected and laughed at by our rivals and enemies.

I'll take my chances on Trump, thank me very much.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #6474
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You cannot possibly believe that this Reality TV, billionaire, buffoon is going to even have the first clue where to find a light, let alone shine it in the dark, sleazy places to resolve the issues of the day, for the hoi polloi. Like, he would actually give two shits about the plight of the common man and their long list of grievances!

Oh, you do!
At least we know he's going to think outside of the box, compared to everyone else who has held or is seeking the office. And that's what we want.

He can't **** it up anymore worse than it's already been ****ed...that much I DO believe.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #6475
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Liz replies to you:
I think she used the same method when it came to her daughter-in-law...not a good example.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #6476
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yeah, the Republican Congress that was so successful in stopping Obama's spending agendas???
I agree, the GOP has zero back bone on spending and entitlements. They think that if Obama wants a 10% increase and they only give him 5%, that's a spending cut.

More important is the need for a GOP Congress to keep Hillary in line on policy issues like global warming, guns, taxes and other regulatory excesses.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #6477
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How about sequestration? Held discretionary spending about flat for 2 yrs --shame that it was rolled back. Of course sequestration was just the GOP calling Obama's bluff, so I guess you could credit Obama, but I won't. On entitlements, I totally agree with your point.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #6478
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
In a locked box, next to Obama's college papers.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #6479
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
I suppose it was inevitable.... "Donald Ducks Tax Returns".
Do you work for the NY POST?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #6480
elysiantraveller

Quote:
How about sequestration? Held discretionary spending about flat for 2 yrs --shame that it was rolled back. Of course sequestration was just the GOP calling Obama's bluff, so I guess you could credit Obama, but I won't. On entitlements, I totally agree with your point.
I don't.

During the grand bargain talks real conservatives like Boehner had things like entitlements on the table but couldn't get his party to tow the line due to the influx of the Tea Party in the GOP ranks.

This general feeling of apathy towards the GOP establishment is the cancer and not the cure to the problems with modern conservatism. Trump is the embodiment of that. He isn't a solution. He and his supporters are THE problem.

Just look at the burn it down attitudes of traditionally conservative people like PA and Tom on here...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply