Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #5116
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
No, I'm saying that the book I cited debunks conspiracy theories using interviews with experts. But to be honest with you, the story I know is that Islamic extremists, primarily Saudi Arabian, flew two planes into the World Trade Center, one into the Pentagon, and one crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. I'm not sure what the "more to the story" is or what the issues are with the official government story.
There seems to be a lot of unanswered questions.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2016, 11:31 PM   #5117
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses

Well-meaning mothers and fathers should never be held responsible for their children, so I ask:

Have your parents ever issued a retraction for producing you?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #5118
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The fact that there are so many 'establishment' republicans that want Trump to go away should make you root as hard for Trump as possible to win.

Really think about it. I know it's hard because you're polarized and set in your ways, but just for a lark, ask yourself why is everybody going ape doo doo over the idea that Trump might win. And no, it's not because they care about the country and think Trump will ruin it.
I'm not sure who that was directed toward but if it was me, I would admit to being anti-Trump, but because I think he is unqualified for the office. I think his most restated ideas are untenable, I think his foreign policies are a mystery, and the fact that the part of the Republican establishment that constitutes the Congress haven't endorsed him en masse or pledged support if he does get elected, makes me wonder if an already inefficient government would become bogged down in a series of unlikely ideas. Has nothing to do with ruining the country. I just don't think he'd be good at the job and his ideas would not be popular with a plurality of the voters.

I'm not polarized. I've worked for Republicans and Democrats at high governmental levels, and I did it for two decades without being accused of being polarized. I've written speeches for both. If they left it completely up to me, I think the most presidential politician I knew was Jon Huntsman, a Republican from Utah. Trump polarizes people which is why some people are going ape doo-doo over the fact that he might win, but I'm not one of them. I have a much greater faith that 200 plus years as a country makes it highly unlikely that any single person could ruin it. And if he tried, the other two branches of government have the power to stymie it. We survived Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, both Bushes and Obama in the last 48 years, and I have no reason to expect we won't survive Trump, Sanders, Hillary, Cruz, Rubio or Kasich. And by the way, I don't find Sanders platform to be any more implementable than Trump's.

Most of the country - and I mean the biggest percentage - tend to be socially left of center and fiscally right of center, and frankly no party really represents them well. So you look for the candidate who comes closest to your position, which is going to be very different if you are far left, far right, center left or center right. Doesn't make you right or wrong.

And if that wasn't directed at me, well, you found out anyway.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #5119
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I suppose I'm not aware of what they are. Certainly we can't change all the things that happened post 9/11. All we can do is get it right starting tomorrow. If it is that essential, the 9/11 truthers should organize, find a champion and demand answers. If you're on to something, we'll all benefit by knowing.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2016, 11:58 PM   #5120
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

It's not just the candidates that are unacceptable.....it's the whole DC -Federal con game that has been playing out for decades now, at least since JFK if not earlier, maybe even Truman or FDR...This insiders confidence game simply must end....This web Big Government...Big Banking...Big Military-Intelligence...Big City power-brokers...Big Religion...Big Media...the go-along get-get along, quid-pro-quo, Bush-Clinton...Republican-Democratic chimera wedded at the hips...the beast-with-two-backs....theater of the absurd...con game can only draw my scorn...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-15-2016 at 12:01 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #5121
fast4522

Quote:
I knew was Jon Huntsman, a Republican from Utah.

Jon Huntsman is CFR through and throughout, globalist who believe in new world order. You see exactly how many people wanted him for President.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 12:28 AM   #5122
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

The Truth of Building 7 won't go away...

Quote:
I suppose I'm not aware of what they are. Certainly we can't change all the things that happened post 9/11. All we can do is get it right starting tomorrow. If it is that essential, the 9/11 truthers should organize, find a champion and demand answers. If you're on to something, we'll all benefit by knowing.
The Truth of Building 7 will not go away until the truth is known...hopefully Trump will have the courage to expose it LIKE HE PROMISED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mamvq7LWqRU

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-15-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:43 AM   #5123
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
The Truth of Building 7 will not go away until the truth is known...hopefully Trump will have the courage to expose it LIKE HE PROMISED...
It caught fire and it fell down................Is that not true?........Do you really think that Trump knows more than that........................?
Old 03-15-2016, 12:51 AM   #5124
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Looks like Kasich is first to break the silence of the thin, Red Republican line by bailing on Drumpf, should he be the nominee.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 12:54 AM   #5125
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
MILF's
Old 03-15-2016, 12:57 AM   #5126
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker[B
]It caught fire and it fell down[/B]................Is that not true?........Do you really think that Trump knows more than that........................?
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic here right?
Old 03-15-2016, 12:57 AM   #5127
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Really? I haven't a single question about what happened.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #5128
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
This drives me nuts. Truthers? Who made up that term? How is a conspiracy theorist a "truther"? Is it really that hard to accurately describe something rather than calling them truthers and birthers and other ridiculous adjectives?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 01:10 AM   #5129
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
This drives me nuts. Truthers? Who made up that term? How is a conspiracy theorist a "truther"? Is it really that hard to accurately describe something rather than calling them truthers and birthers and other ridiculous adjectives?
It's called Damage Control and Discrediting of Opposition ....A well known propaganda tactic designed to neutralize legit dissident voices by labeling them and also "kitchen-sinking them with other non-legit kooks....
Old 03-15-2016, 01:28 AM   #5130
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Really? I haven't a single question about what happened.
Happy birthday!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply