Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #76
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGroundhog View Post
I believe as you believe. The figures and others possibly not believing what we believe let her go off at 3-1 in the Test which I thought was a bargain.

I hope others keep giving her low figures and continue to imagine the track became faster between her race and the one that preceded it.

...and I don't give a darn if 7f is her limit. I don't see anything wrong with that.
What made her go off at 3-1 was mostly her lackluster effort in the prior race where she couldn't even hold second over Awestruck.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #77
DGroundhog
Journeyman

OK, if you want to judge them by their last race, then why was Bellafina 2-1?

People are going to disagree. Deal with it. You don't have to try to convince everybody you are right because muh figures.

Last edited by DGroundhog; 09-23-2019 at 05:44 PM.
DGroundhog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #78
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGroundhog View Post
OK, if you want to judge them by their last race, then why was Bellafina 2-1?

People are going to disagree. Deal with it. You don't have to try to convince everybody you are right because muh figures.
Bellafina was more about turning back to a sprint IMO. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I'm just having a friendly discussion. If you don't want to do that, so be it.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #79
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Bellafina was more about turning back to a sprint IMO. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I'm just having a friendly discussion. If you don't want to do that, so be it.
Trying to just have a discourse on racing is about as much fun as off topic right now here.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #80
classhandicapper

I'm in the minority here.

I'm not going to argue the figures, but I will give my opinion on the quality of her performances.

1. I thought her 4/6 comeback race at KEE was on an inside biased track. After that race I put her on my radar as a potential bet against even though she had already proved at 2 she was talented.

2. I thought Pimlico was an inside track the day she won by 8 1/2 in 107 3/5. I know there was some controversy about whether there was a bias
that weekend or not and if so what it was (discussed in depth elsewhere), but I'm still in that camp after seeing horses run back. That was not an honest track by my definition. That's one reason I was looking to bet against her in her subsequent start (see earlier in this thread). She had back to back wins on tracks I thought helped her cause a bit even though it was hard to quantify how much given how fast she was at Pimlico.

3. She DID lose her next start at CD at 2/5, but I thought her race was a LOT better than it looked. She dueled the Grade 1 winning older mare Mia Mischief in fast fractions before giving up late. On figures, it looks like a bad race, but to me, it was pretty good. It was just below her bias aided inflated reputation. It was a tough trip against a fast quality older mare that was sharp going into the race. For me, that race proved she had some quality to her and was not just putting up big numbers with loose leads on biased tracks against weak horses like at PIM.

4. IMO, The Test was a monster effort. I didn't see something that big coming. She was a terror that day.

5. This last race came against a weak field, but I think it was dominant enough and fast enough to say her Test was not some kind of fluke.

To sum up, imo she's a very good filly that's gotten a lot better but her final time speed figures are misleading because of biases, paces, and trips that impacted her "numbers". My view of her form is different than the numbers.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-23-2019 at 06:11 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2020, 02:42 AM   #81
jay68802

Retired.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ed-from-racing
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #82
rrpic6

I predict one of her offspring's will be named "Tear Up The Constitution".

RR
Old 02-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #83
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
This is fake news.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2020, 12:19 AM   #84
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
This is fake news.
There really is no financial reason to retire a filly that can win big races. You can win more racing than producing one foal a year. As a sprinter, that isn't as easy though. There isn't the same purse money as their is in dirt routes, or even on turf for that matter.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:50 AM   #85
lamboguy

i remember when Onefast had a mare that kept running and earning in $100,000 stake races. she faced the same group of horses no matter which track had the race. i think he sold her at the end to a breeder when she was 5 or 6.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #86
classhandicapper

Quote:
There really is no financial reason to retire a filly that can win big races. You can win more racing than producing one foal a year. As a sprinter, that isn't as easy though. There isn't the same purse money as their is in dirt routes, or even on turf for that matter.
Yeah, I guess it's a closer call with a sprinter.

It's a shame we won't get to see her race this year. She may have improved further.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #87
ubercapper

Quote:

I'm almost entirely sure the money didn't come into it.

The owners, one of which is a friend, love their horses as much as any owners can, and take a personal interest in them. Although I don't have first hand knowledge I believe they felt there would be only downside risk continuing to race her, as well as the obvious reason it was a good time to go out on top as a dual champion.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply