Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 PM   #31
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Mueller didn't go looking for anything. This raid isn't under the mandate of the Mueller investigation, it was conducted by the US Attorney for the southern district of NY, who was hand-picked by Trump himself.
And it all came as a YUGE surprise to Mueller.

Quote:
The raid on Cohen’s office was done by the U.S. Attorney’s office in Manhattan and was based at least partly on a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, according to Cohen’s lawyer, Stephen Ryan.

“The decision by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New York to conduct their investigation using search warrants is completely inappropriate and unnecessary,” Ryan said in a statement. “It resulted in the unnecessary seizure of protected attorney client communications between a lawyer and his clients.”

The raid creates a new legal headache for Trump even as he and his attorneys weigh whether to agree to an interview with Mueller’s team, which in addition to investigating potential ties between Russia and the Trump campaign is also examining whether the president’s actions constitute obstruction of justice.
To push the allegations of violation of campaign finance law, Mueller had to either get Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to expand his original mandate, or to hand it off to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New York.

http://time.com/5233843/donald-trump...michael-cohen/
Old 04-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #32
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Are you gonna start complaining again that nobody criticizes Trump here except you, clocker, and a few hardcore lefities?
As I have said many times, overall Trump is certainly preferable to Hillary. While I do make fun of his quirks, my serious criticism of Trump is based on his ignorance of economics in general and trade in particular. No one here has ever even tried to present an informed rebuttal to my criticism, or to the expert opinions I have cited from both side of the political aisle about those issues.

The standard response to any criticism of his very damaging trade policy is, yeah, but MAGA.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:20 AM   #33
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Try to follow what is actually going on. Mueller found evidence of possible wrong doing which did not fit in with the scope of his inquiry. As would any prosecutor; as would every prosecutor, he turned that evidence over to the appropriate people. They obtained search warrants from a federal court. The request for those search warrants was approved by high ranking REPUBLICAN officials in the FBI and the Justice Department.

Having said that, as of now we do not know if any of this leads back to Trump. Cohen is being investigated for Bank Fraud, wire fraud and something else I don't recall. I've heard that Trump is Cohen's only client.

Trump is in the middle of a very large pool wearing a cement life preserver.
Cohen is being investigated for possible bank fraud and possible campaign finance violations. Not for wire fraud.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I trust mosty here...if anyone is on top of anything to do with potential charges against Trump or his cronies, it's mostpost.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #35
Clocker

I'm guessing Rod Rosenstein is off of Trump's Xmas card list.

Quote:
It was Rod Rosenstein who told Mueller to hand the matter off to the Manhattan U.S. Attorney, per Bloomberg: “Mueller brought information involving Cohen to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who decided that the matter should be handled by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York rather than by Mueller’s team, according to a person familiar with the matter.”
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/...niels-matters/
Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #36
mostpost

Quote:
I've been hearing this since the Access Hollywood tapes. Let me know when he finally sinks.

Will it be by January 2021? Or January 2025?
The latest will be January 2021. Most likely earlier. If he isn't impeached he will certainly lose the election. And he will certainly be indicted on multiple counts shortly after. Whatever happens, I am sure you will be among the last to figure it out.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I'm guessing Rod Rosenstein is off of Trump's Xmas card list.
If Trump EVER sent a Christmas card to Rosenstein, it would be an international scandal of epic proportions.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The latest will be January 2021. Most likely earlier. If he isn't impeached he will certainly lose the election. And he will certainly be indicted on multiple counts shortly after.
I'll be sure to hold you to this prediction.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #39
fast4522

All reasonable expectations connecting to normal barriers of previous elections are worthless. Things have changed forever, people are sick to their stomach with the establishment. Just watch President Donald J. Trump continue to break all maximums going forward.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 01:46 AM   #40
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I watched part of a press conference Mr Trump was not amused at all,never seen him so seriously upset.
No wonder he was so seriously upset - he wasn't scheduled to play golf today.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 AM   #41
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Different times baby.

We've all been affected somewhat by the liberal "ANYTHING GOES BABY, IT'S THE NEW MILLENIUM" crap.

So something that looked bad 500 years ago, doesn't look so bad now.

You of all people should understand that.

It's the natural shit-canning of society thanks to spreading liberal ideology.

It's like a fungus. Eventually, you're gonna catch some.
Between this and your first post in this thread, you're knee deep in it.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:51 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Between this and your first post in this thread, you're knee deep in it.
I'm as objective as they come. FAR MORE objective than the anti-Trumps at all cost, and on the opposite end, the "Trump can do no wrong" folks.

I see it exactly as it is baby.

There is some seriously funny shit going down out there...I'll appreciate the laughs as I get them. This Cohen raid is a huge belly jiggler.

And folks like you revel in this stuff. Counting down until the big Trump frog-march holiday you all are planning.

It's hilarious.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 AM   #43
NJ Stinks

Quote:

And folks like you revel in this stuff. Counting down until the big Trump frog-march holiday you all are planning.

It's hilarious.
I'm not reveling in this stuff. In fact, I skip posting on a lot of it.

Trump and his female troubles mean zip to me. Just like Clinton's female trouble was between him and his wife.

Bottom line is I'm sure that I don't want my president to make the wrong decision due to sexual frustration. (Trump has enough problems without adding that one. )
Old 04-10-2018, 05:03 AM   #44
incoming

Congress is finally getting the documents released from the DOJ and the FBI they have been after for months. LOOKOUT...Obama, Mrs. Clinton and the rest of the Crew. The Cohen Raid just an obvious distraction at muddying the waters. SLURP....SLURP the swamp is draining.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 AM   #45
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
As I have said many times, overall Trump is certainly preferable to Hillary. While I do make fun of his quirks, my serious criticism of Trump is based on his ignorance of economics in general and trade in particular. No one here has ever even tried to present an informed rebuttal to my criticism, or to the expert opinions I have cited from both side of the political aisle about those issues.

The standard response to any criticism of his very damaging trade policy is, yeah, but MAGA.
You really believe Trump is ignorant of economics and trade? How pompous of you. He graduated from the prestigious Wharton School (U of Penn) of business with a degree in economics. He built a worldwide empire on a million dollar gift from daddy. I don't know your background Clocker, but I too graduated with a degree in economics, and I think Trump has a pretty good handle on economics and trade. Maybe what you need to do is read less political opinion articles disguised as business opinion articles. One thing an economics degree teaches is that there are MANY ways to get to there from here. Just because Trump may be unorthodox in his methods and bombastic in his demeanor (your real problem with him), doesn't make him wrong.

My take? I believe Trump is quite aware that he is negotiating from a position of weakness with China. If you know you have a weak hand, you sometimes need to up the ante to create more risk to the other side. No one knows the future fully, even if you believe you do. He is changing the landscape under which we are operating in order to effect a meaningful change in our trade imbalance. Trump is escalating with China in an attempt to get them to concede some points to reduce the risk factor to themselves. That is simple business and economic concepts. It really is the art of the negotiation. I've been in many negotiations, and I can tell you that if the other side does not perceive any risk to themselves, there is no negotiation.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-10-2018 at 06:48 AM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: