Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:55 AM   #6241
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You really shou be careful calling others "thick". I questioned you about how handicappers and Taulbot develop angles. Remember? And finally forced you to admit after pages of your lying and diverting that in regards to trainers, SHMUCK! that demonstrates the causal arrow of time!
Quote:
Duh, today affecting and coming before tomorrow.
How does "that" demonstrate "the causal arrow of time"? Answer the question that I put to you in 6234. Here it is again:

So...what does change have to do with YOUR "causal arrow of time"? How does change in Time determine the direction of the "arrow of time"? Connect the dots for us for once and for all, will ya?

And before you call anyone here a liar, you have often denied that Time has any causal power. Yet, look what you wrote:

Quote:
Duh, today AFFECTING and coming before tomorrow.
(emphasis mine)

"Today", meaning the Present, doesn't affect anything in the future. (See how you talk out of both sides of your mouth!? The Present is a component of Time!)

Today's events, however, CAN affect the Future. Also, Today only precedes Tomorrow chronologically, not logically.

So, yeah...I stick by my statement. You're dense and thick 2x over. You can neither understand the difference between chronological order and logical order nor can you can understand the difference between events (which have causes and effects) and Time (which have neither).

Quote:
Oh yeah about your propensity to plagiarize, you said in your 11 part dogmatic failed explanation of the universe and time, your ass backwards chronology was written by you inspired (dictated?)by god.

Never once giving credit to Heinze or Wood. The original authors whose works were copyrighted around 1995, way before you bullshitted this crap on off topic back in the early 2000's.
First of all, buy a clue from me. I was already fully convinced how Time flowed from God's Word -- long before 1995. All Wood did (and probably others, as well) is that they showed how Natural Revelation harmonized and agreed with Divine Revelation. (And this agreement, too, is something that I have often stressed with respect to various other topics in both these Religious threads.)

Also, I never said my chronology was inspired by God. You're putting words into my mouth.

Quote:
Again, "Who said time is synonymous with change? I asked "How can events change without time??"

In fact name one event that can change without time?
All of this nonsense is a patently absurd and incoherent non sequitur. This is analogous to asking: How can a potato change into french fries without a potato? But did the potato CAUSE or AFFECT it's own change to a different form? Or how can dolphins form schools to efficiently hunt food without sea water? But did the sea water cause or affect them to get hungry and to hunt!?

Time is to humans just like the sea is to fish: In both cases they are our environment. It is what both species are submerged in. Nothing more. Nothing less. The only difference between these environments is that Time is invisible; the sea is physical.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #6242
hcap

I just went over the " Longshots are the Ticket to Success " thread.....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ight=longshots

.....started by you. The entire discussion, other than many many posters complaining about you never ever posting a selection BEFORE the race was run, was about you decoding PAST PERFORMANCES in order to theoretically select future winners.

It boggles the mind and destroys any credibility you ever had, for you to deny the past is needed in predicting the future. And to play absolutely dumb, a 30 year professional gambler...... being unaware of statistics and probability.

As I said maybe I am wrong. You never, ever picked a winner before the race because you totally are lost in denial of the proper forward motion of time and just could not. Proven by your inability in all 700+ posts on that thread.

So there is no point discussing time(or anything else) with you.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #6243
hcap

I posted this in one of our previous discussion on the Religious thread. You are up shit's creek without a paddle, or are stupidly cutting off any foundation to reality you ever had.......

The problem with that "backwards time" craziness of course is the very basic concept of cause and effect, which you face now in a rather cowardly way, denying such a thing exists because if you admitted it was true, would absolutely demolish and RUIN your ass backwards bullshit.

So Mr 30 year Horseplayer I am no longer in suspense about your theoretical horseplaying profitability. It is not possible for anyone who does not believe in cause and effect to gamble successfully. Or hold the most basic job. Even sweeping horses stalls requires an understanding that a broom, and shovel will be effective in dealing with manure. Versus a box of kleenex tissues.

One last chance before I drop this subject unrealistically expecting you to discuss things honestly. Answer these questions. No, not cosmic earth shattering questions, but simple down to earth stuff a so-called religious scholar , philosopher and scientist SHOULD have no problem answering. Ready?

1-Drop a carton of fresh eggs on your head.
2-Close your eyes and cross the street.
3-Eat 10 lbs of dried prunes.
4-Bet on every favorite in every race for a year.
5-Insert various items into various bodily orifices vigorously
6-Jump off the roof of a skyscraper.

Observe the effects. Get back to us if possible.

If you cannot do all just now, enthusiastically go with Number 5

Last edited by hcap; 04-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #6244
boxcar

Hey, Humpty, I dug this Einstein quote from among my archives. You're gonna love this:

If you don't take my words too seriously, I would say this: If we assume that all matter were to disappear from the world, then, before relativity, one believed that space and time would continue existing in an empty world. But according to the Theory of Relativity, if matter (and its motion) disappeared, there would no longer be any space or time.

How long have I maintained this very same position? Even as recently as 2 or 3 months ago, I asked you what would happen if all Matter vanished from the universe? I asked you this because you and many empty-headed scientists who spout their pop science speak so glibly of an empty space, as though space would continue to exist without Matter revealing that it's there in the first place! As though these wanna-be brainiacs who spout this nonsense, who are nothing themselves but flesh, blood and bones (i.e. matter!) would somehow one day be around to witness empty space and document it for us.

But understand the profound implications to what Einstein stated: He certainly understood that Space, Matter and Time are the three basic, yet distinct structural components to the entire universe. But he also understood very clearly that all three components were inextricably bound together so that not one could exist apart from the other two. And this is precisely what Wood, myself and others (no doubt) have also maintained. The very essence of the physical universe is Three in One! Just as the very essence of the Godhead is Three Persons in One God.

And does Time precisely fit into this structure? Well, I answered that in my series. I said that Time could be likened to the Holy Spirit, who scripture teaches proceeds from the Father through the Son to perform his ministry in this world. The Holy Spirit like God the Father is invisible, just as Space and Time are invisible. And just like Matter reveals Space to us, likewise the Son (the second person of the Godhead) reveals the Father to mankind.

Time must proceed from Space and Motion, for apart from Space in which Matter can move, Time would not be possible. Time is only possible by successive, continuous motion in Space.

So...remind us again....just how did your sacred empty space give rise to the entire universe?

Getting these kinds of glimpses into the mind of Einstein, it's no wonder at all that he believed in a god -- a pantheistic god to be sure -- but he KNEW that there was far, far more to the physical universe than just the physical universe itself.

Last edited by boxcar; 04-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #6245
Actor
Librocubicularist

Would handicappers be considered "sports nuts"?

Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #6246
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Would handicappers be considered "sports nuts"?

The list is much, much longer than that...but it's a start.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #6247
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The list is much, much longer than that...but it's a start.
Why are astrologers on the list? Were not the three kings astrologers?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #6248
boxcar

Quote:
I just went over the " Longshots are the Ticket to Success " thread.....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ight=longshots

.....started by you. The entire discussion, other than many many posters complaining about you never ever posting a selection BEFORE the race was run, was about you decoding PAST PERFORMANCES in order to theoretically select future winners.

It boggles the mind and destroys any credibility you ever had, for you to deny the past is needed in predicting the future. And to play absolutely dumb, a 30 year professional gambler...... being unaware of statistics and probability.

As I said maybe I am wrong. You never, ever picked a winner before the race because you totally are lost in denial of the proper forward motion of time and just could not. Proven by your inability in all 700+ posts on that thread.

Why do you put words in my mouth, you deceiver? I never said the Past isn't needed to predict or plan for the Future. But why do you continue to dodge the question I have repeatedly asked you:

So...what does change have to do with YOUR "causal arrow of time"? How does change in Time determine the direction of the "arrow of time"? Connect the dots for us for once and for all, will ya?

Or this same question could be asked regarding events: How do events in Time, that have causes and effects, determine the direction of your "causal arrow of time"?

And for that matter, you have never stated emphatically for us just where the Present is relative to the Future and the Past in your loony "causal arrow of time scheme. Where is it?

Just answer these three questions you gutless wuss!

Last edited by boxcar; 04-23-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #6249
boxcar

by Humpty:
Quote:

So your mind is boggled, heh? In your case that wouldn't take very much.

Do you know what a stock prospectus is? Have you ever read the Time-related disclaimer that is on every prospectus? Or did it boggle the few remaining living brain cells you have left that companies would actually write such a disclaimer on every prospectus? Why do you think they write such a disclaimer, since according to you, past performance is going to dictate future performance? Aren't past performances in horses or the stock market going to cause future performances?
Old 04-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #6250
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Why are astrologers on the list? Were not the three kings astrologers?
More likely astronomers.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #6251
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble_car
I never said the Past isn't needed to predict or plan for the Future.
So you NOW accept the casual arrow of time? That cause always comes before effect?

You spent pages and pages denying it
Old 04-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #6252
hcap

Quote:
More likely astronomers.
Did they carry their telescopes with them to Bethlehem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Magi#Description

The Magi are popularly referred to as wise men and kings. The word magi is the plural of Latin magus, borrowed from Greek μάγος magos,[10] as used in the original Greek text of the Gospel of Matthew ("μάγοι"). Greek magos itself is derived from Old Persian maguŝ from the Avestan magâunô, i.e., the religious caste into which Zoroaster was born (see Yasna 33.7: "ýâ sruyê parê magâunô" = "so I can be heard beyond Magi"). The term refers to the Persian priestly caste of Zoroastrianism.[11] As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars and gained an international reputation for astrology,
Old 04-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #6253
boxcar

Quote:
Did they carry their telescopes with them to Bethlehem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Magi#Description

The Magi are popularly referred to as wise men and kings. The word magi is the plural of Latin magus, borrowed from Greek μάγος magos,[10] as used in the original Greek text of the Gospel of Matthew ("μάγοι"). Greek magos itself is derived from Old Persian maguŝ from the Avestan magâunô, i.e., the religious caste into which Zoroaster was born (see Yasna 33.7: "ýâ sruyê parê magâunô" = "so I can be heard beyond Magi"). The term refers to the Persian priestly caste of Zoroastrianism.[11] As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars and gained an international reputation for astrology,
Wikipedia?

Like anything else HOW words are used and how their definitions evolvef over time are important considerations in understanding this vague text in Matthew.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/hi...mplicated.html
Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #6254
boxcar

Quote:
So you NOW accept the casual arrow of time? That cause always comes before effect?

You spent pages and pages denying it
I didn't say that either. You insist on putting words into my mouth. Now answer my three questions that I posted earlier.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #6255
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
So you NOW accept the casual arrow of time? That cause always comes before effect

You spent pages and pages denying it?
Quote:
I didn't say that either. You insist on putting words into my mouth.
You did not accept the casual arrow bunky. The silly argument we have had began when I confronted you by reminding you of your contention that the future preceded the present, and therefore if the future came FIRST before the present then results came before the running of the race.

You must be a multi-billionaire.

You babbled this totally irrelevant rant to me....
Quote:
It appears you have absolutely no clue as to what causes Time! Read the Genesis creation account and note what happened on the 4th day of Creation, and also take an Astronomy 101 course and it will confirm the Genesis account. Then after you do all that, buy a sundial and watch Time MOVE, and then also watch other people simultaneously moving in/through Time. In fact, do this for a solid 24-hour and watch and observe how one day BECOMES another.
Sure, today "becomes" tomorrow as easily as tomorrow "becomes" today. Genesis is also irrelevant as are sundials.

Word games upon word games in extremely obtuse boxcarian

I have completely run out of time for your ranting.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: