Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

MOR CHICKIN

Not in New York

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...social_twitter
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

LOL, I work about 15 minutes from there and was going to eat there the other day until I saw the long line and said no way. I've never eaten there but it looks real popular no matter what the article says.

This guys none to enthused:

https://tribecacitizen.com/2018/01/2...il-a-revealed/
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
MONEY

I went to Chick-fil-A only one time, and I found the food to be expensive and average tasting. I won't go back.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
LOL, I work about 15 minutes from there and was going to eat there the other day until I saw the long line and said no way. I've never eaten there but it looks real popular no matter what the article says.

This guys none to enthused:

https://tribecacitizen.com/2018/01/2...il-a-revealed/
The author of this piece sounds like his vagina hurts over chick fil a's success in NYC. Too bad. They run their company any way they like. 'If that don't suite ya, that's a drag'......
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 12:47 AM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
The author of this piece sounds like his vagina hurts over chick fil a's success in NYC. Too bad. They run their company any way they like. 'If that don't suite ya, that's a drag'......
Ironic that the Secular Humanists and Social Justice Warriors have no more religious tolerance than the most rabid fundamentalists.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:02 AM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Chik-fil-a is the Starbucks of fast food chains; they've developed a cult status and loyalty that has spread across the country.The chicken is very good, but not great.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Chik-fil-a is the Starbucks of fast food chains; they've developed a cult status and loyalty that has spread across the country.The chicken is very good, but not great.
What is absolutely great is the customer service, especially for a fast food restaurant.

Example...When we got our first CFa, I walked in to pick up some chicken sandwiches for me and a friend who was in the hospital on a day when everyone got a free chicken sandwich, no purchase required.

I asked for 3 and the girl said, "Well, you only have to pay for one."

I commented about what a cool and kind thing that was and how I was headed to the hospital to visit my friend. She said that I was the one doing the kindness and his sandwich was free as well, so I only had to purchase one.

Then she noticed I was wearing a military hat and said, "I think we'll just make them all free," and thought for a moment. Then she said, "Would you like a couple more? They will ALL be free. Just tell me how many you want."

I just took the three but went away amazed that any company could be that attuned to the fact that, as a first-time customer ("FTC" ??) she'd done a lot to bind me to them for life.

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #8
MJC922

Stopped there several times with my wife and kids when vacationing down in Florida. We loved it. Publix was across from our hotel too and had great chicken fingers, just as good imo.

As far as fast food goes it's good stuff, it's far and away better than KFC's chicken which is very greasy by comparison imo.

They finally opened up a location in Rochester NY this week which is great for me but it's on the west side. Hopefully they'll expand east, one closer to the track would be nice.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #9
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I eat at fast food places about three times a year these days, usually when I'm on the road, but I've tried Carl's Jr, Wendy's, and Burger King's chicken sandwiches, and no question Chik-Fil-A beats all of them. But, it's only great in relation to the other fast food places. There are better places to get a fried chicken sandwich.

We used to eat there a lot when the kids were going to practice and games because that is what the liked, but that was quite a while ago.

Every Chik-Fil-A here is packed at lunch and dinner. Here's my complaint. Most managers try to get by with a minimum staff and by the end of the lunch hour the tables and the floor are a mess and the garbage cans are overflowing. Kind of gross when they are overwhelmed with customers. It's the price of popularity I guess. To quote Yogi, that place is so crowded nobody goes there anymore.

Interesting aside: They are closed on Sunday because of the owner's Christian beliefs. Dan Cathy and boxcar are pretty close in their evangelical fervor.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I eat at fast food places about three times a year these days, usually when I'm on the road, but I've tried Carl's Jr, Wendy's, and Burger King's chicken sandwiches, and no question Chik-Fil-A beats all of them. But, it's only great in relation to the other fast food places. There are better places to get a fried chicken sandwich.

We used to eat there a lot when the kids were going to practice and games because that is what the liked, but that was quite a while ago.

Every Chik-Fil-A here is packed at lunch and dinner. Here's my complaint. Most managers try to get by with a minimum staff and by the end of the lunch hour the tables and the floor are a mess and the garbage cans are overflowing. Kind of gross when they are overwhelmed with customers. It's the price of popularity I guess. To quote Yogi, that place is so crowded nobody goes there anymore.

Interesting aside: They are closed on Sunday because of the owner's Christian beliefs. Dan Cathy and boxcar are pretty close in their evangelical fervor.
And perhaps pretty close in our theology as well. While Dan Cathy may well be a Sabbatarian, since all stores are closed on Sundays, I am not. However, if I owned the company, I would also close on Sundays to make sure that all people, especially Christians, get every opportunity to worship on the Lord's Day. Whether Cathy is a Sabbatarian or not, he's still putting his Lord before business. And I admire him for that.

And, yes, I also like their chicken, but not that fond of their waffled fries.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Chic Filet just opened a store nearby - it's on my list to visit, but
a Smashburger just opened between them and me, and they have RED MEAT! :
Old 04-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
MargieRose

Chick-fil-A offers all military and veterans a discount. Just ask for it...discount percent varies by location. In CT it was literally 25% off.

Chicken was great! I'd recommend them in a heart beat!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Chick-fil-A offers all military and veterans a discount. Just ask for it...discount percent varies by location. In CT it was literally 25% off.

Chicken was great! I'd recommend them in a heart beat!
That's a big discount. I think some fast food operations offer only 10%.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #14
PointGiven

I am from the South, and Chick fil A is certainly not a rarity here. They do a lot of things very, very well. Service has been mentioned and it's the best in the fast food game.

They are sticklers on training. You don't get I don't know there.

They don't pay that much more than anyone else in that segment, but always have a cut above employees.

They give food at break for working a shift. They have scholarship programs.

It's not uncommon to hear stories of good deeds. For instance in a winter storm when people where stuck on the highway a store cooked everything they had and walked up and down giving it to people.

They don't monkey with the menu. Never see stuff other places do all the time like slap new sauce or cheese and call it the new whatever. When they do have something new, it's been well thought and and planned.

Bottom line they do the basics very well.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #15
Clocker

The author says "the brand’s arrival here feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism".

Substitute "Muslim" or "Jewish" for "Christian" in that sentence and guess how many moonbat heads would explode. Including the author's.