Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2022, 07:19 AM   #196
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So what you're really saying is...being vaxxed and TRIPLE boosted did absolutely NOTHING to prevent you from

a) getting infected in the first place

b) being the SICKEST you have been in YEARS from a VIRUS you were VAXXED against and TRIPLE BOOSTED

Yes, THANK GOD you got vaxxed and triple boosted...makes sense to you I guess
I am fully convinced I would have been hospitalized had it not been for vax and boosters.....that is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours as well.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 07:23 AM   #197
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
How do you know the shots made it less severe? Maybe they made it worse. I have had zero covid shots and had the chinavirus in January. I had a slight fever and aches for 3 days but a couple ibuprofen each day knocked it down. A bit tired but after less than a week, I was perfectly fine, very little coughing. It was milder than most colds I have had.

I just got over being sick for almost two weeks. Sore throat, headache, nasal congestion and then it moved to my chest and I coughed for 10 days straight. This is a typical cold for me. I took two tests for chinavirus just in case but negative both times. What I just got over was far worse than what I had in January.

I know everyone has a different experience with covid but no one can say these so called vaccines are "safe and effective", they are neither.
I can't say for sure the shots made it less severe, but there sure has been a lot of data pointing to the fact that it does. Like I said, everyone has to do what's best for them. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but if was friend or family that asked my opinion, I would advise to get vaxxed and boosted. In my case at worst it did absolutely nothing....I had no side effects from it and at best, it kept me out of the hospital.
Old 09-02-2022, 07:32 AM   #198
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Good for you.

I had the Delta Variant. I felt really bad (Flu-like soreness and Fatigue) for 4 days...and was out of workout routine for 2 weeks.

I would tell somebody to make their own Medical decisions...and not be asking someone like me for my opinion on this. But...I don't roll like most People do. Care to elaborate on why you would want to share your opinion on something so Personal? What if things went bad for said Person because of it?
I would say normally, the only people asking my opinion on something "so personal" would be family and close friends, so of course I would offer my opinion if I have one.

The problem I'm seeing here....and this doesn't mean I'm talking about you specifically (I'm not), is some people don't seem to believe it's OK to have an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their.own opinion for their own reasons, no matter how much I do or do not agree with it.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:10 AM   #199
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This message board was literally CREATED to argue OPINIONS!

It's ok...everyone has one.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:29 AM   #200
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
I would say normally, the only people asking my opinion on something "so personal" would be family and close friends, so of course I would offer my opinion if I have one.

The problem I'm seeing here....and this doesn't mean I'm talking about you specifically (I'm not), is some people don't seem to believe it's OK to have an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their.own opinion for their own reasons, no matter how much I do or do not agree with it.

Opinions are fine as long as they aren't changed by how your political party tells you to think. I pretty much have the same opinions I had when I first voted for Reagan in 1980. I have known Democrats personally for decades that are in my age group that aren't the same people they were 20 years ago. I think they have gone off the deep end.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #201
Elkchester Road

Quote:

I've made it pretty clear that I...don't...care...what...anybody...else...does... regarding...this. My ONLY problem is others getting in my bubble about what I do. That is when it becomes a problem. Especially people who I KNOW could care less about me.

Glad to know you are well.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:09 PM   #202
Elkchester Road

Quote:

As my young Son said years ago..."It's Bestest!!!"
Old 09-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #203
mhaney0423

Quote:

So why attack someone for their opinion. I would say extreme sarcasm is a form of ridiculing. I agree with many conservative points of view here, I also agree with many liberal points of view here. What I do know, is this definitely puts me in the minority here, but I think if we get back to trying to understand each other, it would really do this country some good. Almost everyone comes from a good place, I prefer to try and see that, rather than the negative.
Again, just my opinion.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:16 PM   #204
mhaney0423

Quote:
I've made it pretty clear that I...don't...care...what...anybody...else...does... regarding...this. My ONLY problem is others getting in my bubble about what I do. That is when it becomes a problem. Especially people who I KNOW could care less about me.

Glad to know you are well.
Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you were not referring to me with the people you KNOW could care less about you comment. I do realize we are not friends or acquaintances, but I wish bad on no one, well maybe one person who I won't mention, but he is definitely not on this board.....probably hates gambling as much as he does drinking lol.

At any rate, still planning on hitting Keeneland in the next year or so, like I said I'll hit you up when the wife and I go....and I'll buy you a beer or whatever you like then.

M
Old 09-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #205
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So why attack someone for their opinion. I would say extreme sarcasm is a form of ridiculing. I agree with many conservative points of view here, I also agree with many liberal points of view here. What I do know, is this definitely puts me in the minority here, but I think if we get back to trying to understand each other, it would really do this country some good. Almost everyone comes from a good place, I prefer to try and see that, rather than the negative.
Again, just my opinion.
I agree. Too bad the media and members of the current administration have spent the last 7 years DEMONIZING half the country.

Tough to come back from that.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #206
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you were not referring to me with the people you KNOW could care less about you comment. I do realize we are not friends or acquaintances, but I wish bad on no one, well maybe one person who I won't mention, but he is definitely not on this board.....probably hates gambling as much as he does drinking lol.

At any rate, still planning on hitting Keeneland in the next year or so, like I said I'll hit you up when the wife and I go....and I'll buy you a beer or whatever you like then.

M
I wasn't. Overreaching Government and their "Supporters".

I will be there...often. They do "cap" attendance...and they require buying even General Admission tickets online (only $7). They give free admission to anybody who is a Member of their Wagering Platform (Membership Card has a Barcode they scan at the Gates), and they can go anytime with no attendance cap.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 09-02-2022 at 04:36 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 04:58 PM   #207
mhaney0423

Quote:
I agree. Too bad the media and members of the current administration have spent the last 7 years DEMONIZING half the country.

Tough to come back from that.
I would agree with this, but it's not as if the previous administration, Fox, OAN and others were not doing the same to the other half. This is the problem, I have often said, liberals and conservatives have more in common than not, I just wish we could focus on those things! There is plenty of vitriol to go around.
I am really glad to see we agree on this issue!!
Old 09-02-2022, 04:59 PM   #208
mhaney0423

Quote:
I wasn't. Overreaching Government and their "Supporters".

I will be there...often. They do "cap" attendance...and they require buying even General Admission tickets online (only $7). They give free admission to anybody who is a Member of their Wagering Platform (Membership Card has a Barcode they scan at the Gates), and they can go anytime with no attendance cap.
Thumbs up
Old 09-02-2022, 05:30 PM   #209
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Thumbs up
For what it's worth...I don't know anybody who hasn't been able to go to the Races anytime they wanted. Getting a Table for Dining...that's another story. Forget that on Weekends (in fact, Keeneland announced LAST WEEK that all Dining Options are sold out...for the entire meet). I make a continual cycle from the Paddock/Walking Ring to the Track Apron/Upper Grandstand during Racing. I never sit down during the day.

A lot of People here think the reason Keeneland capped attendance is because of the shortage of seasonal Workers during the Meets.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #210
Poindexter

By the way this article should be really comforting for those anxiously waiting for these new boosters Basically, there is no time to wait for human testing so since the current covid vaccines have been so "safe" these new vaccines are approved. Gee where do I sign up. I posted a little bit of the article below.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/31/cdc-...ter-shots.html

The omicron-specific booster shots set to arrive within the next week are being fast-tracked, and just got approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration before being fully tested in humans.

There’s a good reason why, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

“If we wait for those data to emerge in human data, not just mice data, we will be using what I would consider to be a potentially outdated vaccine,” Walenksy said on the “Conversations on Health Care” radio show last week. That could have severe consequences for the nation ahead of a projected Covid surge in the fall and winter, she added.

The FDA authorized new boosters from Pfizer and Moderna on Wednesday, for most Americans who have completed their primary vaccination series. The agency approved Pfizer’s updated booster for people ages 12 or older, and Moderna’s updated shot for people ages 18 and older. Shots will be available once the CDC provides guidelines for their use, which is expected in the coming days.

Both shots have yet to complete human trials. The FDA based its decision off real-world evidence of existing Covid vaccine safety, plus clinical trial data of earlier bivalent vaccines targeting older forms of omicron and current lab data on the BA.5 shot in mice.

The approach is nothing new: The agency already uses a similar strategy with flu shots, which are safely updated each year without human testing to keep up with mutating flu viruses.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply