Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-26-2024, 02:10 PM   #16
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
I use Brave as my browser with Duck Duck Go as my search engine.

Then simply typed in "climate emergency" as my search, and these were among the first responses that came back.
Same here for Brave and Duck Duck. It's still biased but not as bad as the others.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:15 PM   #17
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I know of at least one prediction involving potentially disastrous consequences that turned out to be true.

It was made right here on this site last August as a Category 4 hurricane was traveling up the Baja coast.

Here's a link to page #3 of the thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=177909&page=3

Hurricane Hillary was dragging 35-37 ft waves up the Baja coast as it made its way northward.

See post #32 and post #34.

I predicted:

1. The Cat 4 Hurricane was about to lose significant energy because the eye of the storm would pass over land at the point that juts out into the Pacific near Punta Eugenia and/or Natividad Island just south of Turtle Bay.

2. As soon as that energy was lost, the storm would lose all ability to drag the 30 to 37 ft waves its rotation had been bringing up the Baja coast as it was making its way north.

That was not an easy prediction to post.

Imagine if the storm had shifted 20 miles to the west in the 14 hours between the time I posted and the time it reached the point jutting out into the Pacific at Turtle Bay.

The eye of the storm would have remained over water, and the storm's energy would have stayed largely intact.

The storm would have continued dragging huge waves up the Baja coast as it made its way north.

I would have looked like the world's biggest idiot had that happened.

But I made the post anyway.

The eye of the storm truly was tracking in the direction I predicted, and I saw no other high or low pressure systems visible on radar that could cause the storm to change direction between its (then) position south of Turtle Bay and Los Angeles.

I'm not a meteorologist.

However there are a LOT of REAL meteorologists who can see right through the climate change narrative.

-jp
I missed the Babylon Bee post in that thread, it was good.
Great call on the course of the hurricane!
Old 04-26-2024, 03:13 PM   #18
jimmyb

Another thing climate morons forget to tell us is yes, hurricanes are causing more damage and are costlier than they were in earlier years, but one has to factor in population increase. And this popoulation have homes and toys that are much costlier than they were in earlier years.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2024, 04:18 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

If all this man made climate change is real why do they lie and misinform so much to sell it? They also like to throw subliminal messages at you. I would like to see a summer high temp forecast from 1984 compared to 2024 and compare the difference in what temperature was hit before it had a bright red background. I wonder what year the "experts" would pick as the most polluted in the USA? By the eye test I would think late 60's early 70's. So since there was so much supposed planet warming emissions why weren't all the high temp records set then?

I do believe there are man made things that contribute to warming and flooding. They are called concrete and asphalt. I am sure everybody has run across the street barefooted in summer. Those things magnify heat. Also the more of mother Earth gets paved over the less places for water to
percolate into the ground. Also since our ever increasing tax dollars get less public services, storm drains don't get maintained like they used to.
That is another "man made" cause of flooding.

You also get sensationalized news coverage. I needed some raw materials which I get in Richmond. The local news which comes out of Richmond 40 miles away showed a lot of excessive flooding and road closures. I did not have a large enough order to qualify for free delivery and it is either free delivery or will call. I don't worry about myself, just getting stuck in traffic because of someone's dumb stunt. I decided to drive down instead of paying through the nose over the internet. My route takes me almost 10 miles on surface streets. I did not see more than a couple puddles anywhere and the rain had not let up. I finally talked to someone who said all the flooding was contained to a downtown area about a square mile due to plugged storm drains. Man made flooding strikes again.

Another thing I noticed is "record flooding" during the summer in the Mojave Desert I remember much worse in the 60's and 70's when I lived there. The only difference I see is now there is a lot of areas where concrete has replaced sand and there are bridges over concrete flood channels and not roads running across sandy washes. I have a feeling

"man made" concrete has exacerbated flooding. Next time they start screaming about man made climate change Mojave Desert flooding

I am going to look up rain totals in the various flooded areas and compare them to when I lived there.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2024, 04:30 PM   #20
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I do not understand.

WHO is predicting this?

I searched and could not find a single reference indicating something is about to happen.

Lots of stuff about how it's an emergency for the planet but nothing that indicates Draconian action.

Dan Bongino covers it in this podcast, but has been floating around elsewhere s already shown

https://bongino.com/ep-2236-covid-wa...ts-coming-next
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2024, 05:18 PM   #21
PalaceOfFortLarned

They will never stop.

PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2024, 05:47 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Another thing climate morons forget to tell us is yes, hurricanes are causing more damage and are costlier than they were in earlier years, but one has to factor in population increase. And this popoulation have homes and toys that are much costlier than they were in earlier years.

Isn't it interesting how they never mention that. It is lefties telling half the story, as they do. No one is better at that than Governor Newsom of California who screams "man made climate change" as often as he can.
One of his favorite times to do this is fire season, which I always called arson season when I lived there. Over 90% of wildfires are man made in one form or another. Of course a climate alarmist will call a downed power line from a tree falling in a rainstorm as caused by a man made weather event, ignoring man put that power line there, but could have buried it.

Anyway Newsom will cite increasing numbers of wildfires in California as proof of man made climate change disasters. I would venture a guess if you graphed the population increase next to the number of increasing wild fires the incline would match.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply