Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #76
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Let us not forget how great a year Bayern had as a 3yo. Destroyed fields at Belmont , Monmouth and Philly before winning the Breeders cup. There aren't too many horses who can win big races from 7f to 1 1/4 miles
Bayern gets hated on alot, but he was a very good horse, he sort of needed things his own way but he was a real threat every time he went to post, and he certainly kept fields in 2014 honest as far as pace goes. There was no pattycake pussyfoot leads going to happen if Bayern was in the running.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #77
clocker7
Veteran

Today's race provided the exact reason why horse racing attracts me more than any sport. It's so complex to fully understand.

Whoda thunk that an entire 5yo could pwn the world's best dirt horses in such a fashion, given the drama-drenched events of his past? I bow to his connections and pray for the salvation of his haters.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
we gonna see a very special horse this yr.. i been trying to tell the naysayers.. he should of won the triple crown and would of crushed American Pharoah if given the chance
Didn't take long for the crazy talk to appear...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #79
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
we gonna see a very special horse this yr.. i been trying to tell the naysayers.. he should of won the triple crown and would of crushed American Pharoah if given the chance
The 3yo Chrome would't have been able to beat the 3yo Pharoah. Maybe the 5yo Chrome might have been able to beat the 3yo Pharoah...but that wouldn't be a fair comparison, now would it?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-26-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #80
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Your immediate responses were beyond obvious, you're irked that he won. Don't try to cover, after two crummy posts and being called on them.

Totally... so not cool. Own up to it next time. Please.
Whoa...really?
Old 03-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #81
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
It's very hard to keep a horse at a high level this long.
No it's not. Especially when you have limited options elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #82
Bigadam119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Thankfully I didn't bet a penny.

Mshawish can't get 10 panels, that is plainly obvious now.

Helluva race by Chrome. Hopefully he ships back well and keeps on track for a march towards this year's BC.
Had Mshawish today, all on hope that he could go 10F. Still think he's a nice horse though.
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #83
Rex Phinney

I'd add that the horse hasn't been "at this level for this long". He was certainly not at this level for about 18-20 months, when Bayern and Shared Belief where leaving the track with the trophies.

It's great that Art has him geared back up, but it's not like he has been a world beater all this time.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #84
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I just bet California Chrome at a guaranteed 3-1 on the TVG mobile app. He is currently 1-1. How could you not? Especially if you think he is going to win anyway>
That's what gave me the idea to ask the question. I also took them up on it. I thought 3/1 was quite a deal.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #85
handyman1968

Coming back from the disaster of last year and win like that, hat's off. Art Sherman is some kind of trainer no doubt about that! Probably enhances Sherman's training ability more than anything else and this wasn't a weak field at all.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #86
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Craig, if you live to be 100 you'll never be wrong in life like I've been, or as often as I've been!!

You "don't get it". Therefore, it bothers you and that's okay...

Still, it is a given, here, that if anyone comments in any way questioning American Pharaoh's dominance, you, as sure as the sun will rise--are on the defensive. It's like auto pilot. You were one of the very earliest to note the horse's brilliance. And this fact isn't forgotten. You argued it on Twitter and here at PA every time he came under the wire far ahead of the others.

As far as another Triple Crown winner. You, like myself and the rest of the free world, have no clue when we will see another horse pull it off. It may be within 5 years. It may not be for another 30.

A lot of life is about being, about living, in the moment. Comparing California Chrome and American Pharoah is useless, and you, of all people, shouldn't have been suckered in by it. I'm sorry I angered you.
I was far from angry, no worries. You just said I didn't like Chrome winning which couldn't have been further from the truth. Much like American Pharoah, he was another I spent a lot of time defending his "supposed" slow Derby. I think he is a really cool horse and I hope he never loses again. He was handled poorly after the Belmont but has bounced back to top form. That takes not just good people but a tough, determined racehorse.

As for Pharoah, I wasn't just talking about the Triple Crown but also topping it off with a BC Classic. That is what I doubt we'll see again any time soon. But, of course, it could happen this year. We never know!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #87
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119
Had Mshawish today, all on hope that he could go 10F. Still think he's a nice horse though.
I've always thought he is better on turf and he would be a possible Eclipse winner if switched back when he returns IMO.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #88
no breathalyzer
Veteran

i stand by my opinion all i have to add... i really don't think its crazy
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #89
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
No it's not. Especially when you have limited options elsewhere.

I don't even know what that suppose to mean ... congrats to the 12mill! earner Cali Chrome
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #90
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
i stand by my opinion all i have to add... i really don't think its crazy
Crushed? I think that's crazy talk.

So when would this hypothetical crushing take place? When both were 3yos? I don't see it...maybe I'm the crazy one.