Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #1831
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Didn't you get my prophecy memo that likened prophets standing on tall mountain peaks looking out to other mountain peaks, not being able to see the earth below (representing a span of time) that separated the two peaks because the very mountain upon which they stood wouldn't allow them that view? I even gave a NT example of same.

Also, the OT very clearly paints two very different portraits of God's Sent One. One portrait is of a humble, lowly, suffering servant who would deal with Israel's sins by offering up himself as a sacrifice to his Father, while the other portrait is of a powerful, majestic king who will judge and rule the nations in righteousness and establish his visible kingdom here on the earth forever and ever. It's not very likely these portraits are talking about the same person in a single time frame; but it is very feasible that they're talking about the same person in two different time frames. Do you know what a "logical inference" is?

Even Jesus' disciples failed to understand the biblical mountain peaks analogy; for on Christ's fortieth post-resurrection day, they inquired of him if he was going to restore the kingdom to Israel before ascending to his Father in heaven. (See my 1766.)
Yup, I know. You have an answer for every problem in the Bible. Cool to be you.

Well, I congratulate you for creating your impervious bubble...I hope it suits you well in the end.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #1832
traynor

Quote:
You did well until you got to the second sentence of the first paragraph. I know more than most but not as much as some. But I am working on that...

Also, most here have told me I'm wrong but have never been able to back up their wishful thinking with biblical truth. If that makes me "infallible", then so be it...according to your word.
Not snarky questions.
1) Do you understand the old language (the multi-channel language)?

2) If so, have you communicated in that language to/with anyone here?
Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #1833
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

And that's why it makes no sense to keep talking to you.
The inevitable conclusion. And yet...
Old 05-15-2017, 06:45 PM   #1834
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by traynor View Post
Not snarky questions.
1) Do you understand the old language (the multi-channel language)?

2) If so, have you communicated in that language to/with anyone here?
Many of my electronic devices are multi-channel but not my mouth.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #1835
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yup, I know. You have an answer for every problem in the Bible. Cool to be you.

Well, I congratulate you for creating your impervious bubble...I hope it suits you well in the end.
Not all of us can crawl into the sack with Ignorance. Someone has to try to minister to the minds she infects.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #1836
traynor

Quote:
Many of my electronic devices are multi-channel but not my mouth.
That implies you have not spoken to anyone here in that language. It still leaves the first question unanswered: Do you understand the old language (the multi-channel language)?
Old 05-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #1837
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
The inevitable conclusion. And yet...
And yet..I knew very early on, before we even interacted with one another, that
you would not find me to be your cup of tea. I seem to recall that I even gently warned you that you should just keep on truckin' and forget about me. And yet...
Old 05-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #1838
boxcar

Quote:
That implies you have not spoken to anyone here in that language. It still leaves the first question unanswered: Do you understand the old language (the multi-channel language)?
In some 'hoods I visit I have difficulty understanding what is supposed to be the English language. So, I guess my answer is "no".
Old 05-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #1839
traynor

Quote:
In some 'hoods I visit I have difficulty understanding what is supposed to be the English language. So, I guess my answer is "no".
I appreciate your honesty and response. I will withdraw. There is nothing further here that I need. See ya.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #1840
boxcar

Quote:
I appreciate your honesty and response. I will withdraw. There is nothing further here that I need. See ya.
Have a pleasant evening, sir.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #1841
Greyfox

Quote:
In some 'hoods I visit I have difficulty understanding what is supposed to be the English language.
How true.
I saw an interview of Kamau Bell with street gang members in Chicago last evening.
I had a hard time understanding any of their sentences.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 PM   #1842
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
And yet..I knew very early on, before we even interacted with one another, that
you would not find me to be your cup of tea. I seem to recall that I even gently warned you that you should just keep on truckin' and forget about me. And yet...
Which begs the question, other than one poster that comes to my mind, whose cup of tea are you?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #1843
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Which begs the question, other than one poster that comes to my mind, whose cup of tea are you?
Ahh...you want another shot at using your sycophant insult, eh?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #1844
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Of course you leave out the main point. It is your admission you are here to mock.
Do you or do you not agree with the following?
  • "Religion is not off the table. Religion is not off limits." -- Richard Dawkins
  • "We have a right to mock bad ideas." -- Basil Said Al-Matar
Old 05-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #1845
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Great, give us the peer review support for your assertion.
I have searched this thread. Not once have I used the words "peer review." Others have but I have not. This can only mean that you are referring to my use of that phrase in the previous thread.

In the previous thread the word "peer" appears in 57 of my posts. The word "review" appears in 43. Unfortunately the PA search engine does not provide for searching for multi-word phrases like "peer review" so a lot of work is needed. I think you are misrepresenting my position on peer review so I am going to do it. However, I am already in the midst of writing my series on science, the purpose of which is to lay the groundwork to refute the claims of certain science deniers on this thread. That project takes precedence. As soon as I've done that I'll get on with the "peer review" project.