Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #76
Blenheim
Race Player

Got speed enough . . .

Maximum Security 'Just Maintaining' in One Mile Work at Palm Meadows

I understand the maintenance . . . but why ya' just jogging the horse when everyone else is workin' em?

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #77
PowerUpPaynter

Its been consistent of his works, the reasoning? who knows but so far its worked out ok
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #78
Blenheim
Race Player

Maximus -vs- Omaha

I’ve reviewed the statistics for Jason Servis, 2018 was his best year, ranked12th in the nation w/over 7.5 million in earnings and 32% winners - outstanding. In Maximum Security, he may have his best runner yet.

Servis is in a perplexing spot. Colt comes in @ 16k, next two races were soft spots the Florida was slow as possible early, fast late . . . so what does Servis really have? The 16k kind or a G1 kind? The works may be telltale. Inexpensive horses never work fast; they save their speed and energy for the race. G1 types generally work fast and sharp using works to gain speed and energy.

Considering his races and works, I believe Servis is uncertain. If Maximus is the 16k kind and he works him fast and sharp, he loses speed and energy needed for the race. If the G1 kind, jogging him slow in appreciably faster and acceptable times is likely sufficient, reserving speed and energy for the race while instilling stamina w/long jogs.

There is no doubt that Maximus is gonna need every bit of what he has w/Omahal Beach in the race . . . Money Mike is gonna try to steal off w/it and Maximus has to go w/him, like it or not.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #79
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
There is no doubt that Maximus is gonna need every bit of what he has w/Omahal Beach in the race . . . Money Mike is gonna try to steal off w/it and Maximus has to go w/him, like it or not.
I don't get too caught up in works but am inclined to agree on this item. Both horses have done well being forwardly placed. Mike times a move better than most anyone, but,... I know MS can fun a faster 3/4 as he did in his previous starts. He also ran a 12 second final panel in his 7F run after posting a 1:09.6 three-quarter fraction. He shouldn't need to get that fast early on May 4. I think he's a live one unless he pulls an extreme post.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #80
clicknow

Quote:
I’ve reviewed the statistics for Jason Servis, 2018 was his best year, ranked12th in the nation w/over 7.5 million in earnings and 32% winners -
Really depends how that was achieved. Claiming races mostly?
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #81
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Anyone have the breakdown on how fast (or slow as some of you put it) MS ran each 1/4? I'm thinking he ran 24s all the way around until the last furlong or two. Thanks.

And before anyone blames MS for running slow in the Florida Derby, why not place blame on everyone else unwilling to challenge/press him?
Old 04-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #82
Curln22

Bingo
He ran as fast as he had to run.
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #83
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Maximum Security 'Just Maintaining' in One Mile Work at Palm Meadows

I understand the maintenance . . . but why ya' just jogging the horse when everyone else is workin' em?
No need to fix what ain't broke. Any changes at this point in the game may be a detriment to his success.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #84
Blenheim
Race Player

Anything can happen . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I think he's a live one unless he pulls an extreme post.
I agree and from the numbers I've seen he finishes in front of Omaha. In his workout videos he appears robust and is bounding over the track, bouncin' around and havin' fun. I've got the average winning distance for War Front's @ 7.98f and the average winning distance for DI 3.00 CD .86 types @ 7.88f.

BlueChip@DRF
Quote:
No need to fix what ain't broke. Any changes at this point in the game may be a detriment to his success.
No doubt you are correct here and once again, I agree. Hold the line, stay on the same course, don't change a thing . . . colt has natural speed just get him ready to go long.

~

This is gettin good . . .

Old 04-23-2019, 12:57 PM   #85
PowerUpPaynter

With no cheap speed its not that far fetched Maximum Security can get away with 23.50/ 47.80/ 1.11.80.... that would be his best case scenario at least... If I told you those would be the fractions what kind of chance would you give him?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #86
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
With no cheap speed its not that far fetched Maximum Security can get away with 23.50/ 47.80/ 1.11.80.... that would be his best case scenario at least... If I told you those would be the fractions what kind of chance would you give him?
But also he may just be off the lead running his own race.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #87
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
He'd win.
This is a talented Colt,his maiden claiming debut is now not relevant.
Just look at how easy he took apart that Florida Derby field.........and the "he got away with murder on the front end" buzz doesn't really hold water in my book.........if anybody would of tried to duel with him,he would of just sat right behind and went by when the button was pushed.
The ownership has Game Winner,who is probably better than MS........but other than that one.........nobody else.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 10:07 PM   #88
Richie

same ownership, that is interesting
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #89
Afleet

if this horse makes it through his 3 y/o year, w/o being retired, would shock me
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #90
46zilzal
velocitician

You have to watch out for colts that have JUST DONE ENOUGH as we never actually know what their limits may yet be.