Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #136
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Most CEO's are successful. Most teachers are not. They don't deserve what they are getting because they are part of a conspiracy with the Unions.

I didn't use to feel this way. But having seen the Unions actions over the last ten years or so, Changed my mind.

20k a year per kid in DC. some terrible test scores. And they still make demands and you can't fire a teacher. Sorry, game over.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #137
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
CEO's also have 343 times the responsibility that the average Joe has.

I'm sure Mostie turned down many raises in his day.
You're first statement can be neither proven nor disproven. Your second statement is definitely wrong, but I think you knew that.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #138
GaryG
Unreconstructed

What are the requirements to be hired as a mailman, a GED test and no recent felonies? That Noodles guy could probably qualify.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #139
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Most CEO's are successful. Most teachers are not. They don't deserve what they are getting because they are part of a conspiracy with the Unions.

I didn't use to feel this way. But having seen the Unions actions over the last ten years or so, Changed my mind.

20k a year per kid in DC. some terrible test scores. And they still make demands and you can't fire a teacher. Sorry, game over.
That is all crap. There are thousands of schools outside of DC and hundreds of thousands of very successful teachers. Dedicated teachers who work long hours outside of school hours to educate their students. And they do it because they believe in what they are doing. Unlike most CEO's who are hired guns with no loyalty to anyone or anything.

Schools in Urban areas can be highly rated scholastically. Whitney Young in Chicago is one of the top rated schools in Illinois. Urban Prep, also in Chicago sends 100% of its graduates to college year after year.

There are other ways of defining success than how much money you make. In fact that is the worst way.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #140
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
What are the requirements to be hired as a mailman, a GED test and no recent felonies? That Noodles guy could probably qualify.
What are the requirements to be an asshole?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #141
fast4522

Me thinks ya qualify.

Point is that you lost big time last out!

Last edited by fast4522; 06-09-2012 at 04:42 PM.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #142
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
You're first statement can be neither proven nor disproven. Your second statement is definitely wrong, but I think you knew that.

You are correct in that I cannot prove that. But we'll use a giant corporation you loathe. Wal-Mart.

Employees with very little real responsibility to the store, making $8 per hour, makes $16,640, if he is full time.

Store director managing 200+ employees or more makes about $120,000, including bonuses, per year.

CEO who under him, has thousands of stores and 2 million employees world-wide. It is safe to say that he has 257 times the responsibilty than the store manager and is paid accordingly. If you don't think he really does, you really don't have a grip on anything.

The United Food and Commercial Workers Union tried to battle this success story, only because there is money to be had via union dues.

You continuously bring up CEO wages. Now, let's reduce this to the ridiculous. Suppose the CEO of Wal-Mart accepts a modest Postmaster Genral-like salary of $800,000 including bonuses. That leaves $18 million to be distributed amongst the 2,000,000 workers. Are you sitting down? They would all get a whopping $9 apiece per year. Yeah, that's spreading the wealth in plain jargon even you understand.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #143
ElKabong

Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #144
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin

You continuously bring up CEO wages. Now, let's reduce this to the ridiculous. Suppose the CEO of Wal-Mart accepts a modest Postmaster Genral-like salary of $800,000 including bonuses. That leaves $18 million to be distributed amongst the 2,000,000 workers. Are you sitting down? They would all get a whopping $9 apiece per year. Yeah, that's spreading the wealth in plain jargon even you understand.
Marxists have been predicting the end of capitalism for over a hundred years. Meanwhile, despite the efforts of Marxists to kneecap the free market at every turn, the standard of living for the average man has continuously increased. Today, every slug on the bus has access to goods and services that weren't available to even the elites just a few short years ago.

Of course, the left doesn't have the emotional maturity to admit to the successes of Capitalism. So, they have to point to things like income inequality and living wage while ignoring and rationalizing the dismal failures of their own economic system.

These are truly sick people.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #145
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Liberalism is a form of mental illness.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #146
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Unfortunately, it's contagious.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #147
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Unfortunately, it's contagious.
Very much so, it now infects an estimated one out of every five American adults. Even more tragic is that this aberration has such a detrimental effect on the other four fifths of the population that have an immunity to it but still cannot totally escape it's ravages.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #148
Mike at A+
Software Developer

I don't really give a rat's ass what anyone in the private sector makes. As for the public sector, I pay their salaries out of my taxes.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #149
delayjf

Quote:
You can fire a teacher in CA, but they have (I think) a 72 hour period to submit their resignation and save their pensions and healthcare - EVEN IF THEY ARE FIRED FOR MOLESTING A STUDENT.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #150
HUSKER55

a friend of mine once said that the definition of a virgin in california is any child under the age of 3 and that was up for debate.

used to laugh at that. but if this is true then it appears the joke is on me.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply