Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #436
RXB

Kevin Love is a justified man and in complete contrast to his established career he did it not with offence but with the best defensive game I've ever seen from him.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 10:46 PM   #437
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
What are the LeBron haters gonna say now? 3rd player ever to get. Triple double in game 7.
Plus what a block.
Good for Cleveland.
Yes Happy for Cleveland ! What a great game 7 !
Old 06-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #438
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
What are the LeBron haters gonna say now? 3rd player ever to get. Triple double in game 7.
Plus what a block.
Good for Cleveland.
He didnt have his best game but that block probably saved the series. Damn I miss SRU. Best ever.
Down 3-1 to the warriors. Are you kidding me!!!!!!! The King rules the world.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #439
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Kevin Love is a justified man and in complete contrast to his established career he did it not with offence but with the best defensive game I've ever seen from him.
That Defense against curry at the end was great. Forced him to miss a shot he made all year long.Huge.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #440
Valuist

Once again, we are reminded just how difficult it is to repeat. You have a team who wins 73 games, but in doing so, maybe have sapped the energy reserves along the way.

Here's 4 predictions for next season/season in progress:

1. The Royals will not win the World Series this year
2. The Broncos will not win the Super Bowl next season
3. The Cavaliers will not repeat as NBA champions
4. The Penguins will not win next year's Stanley Cup.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #441
Secondbest

One last thing.James is the only P!ayer in NBA history to lead the finals in points,assists,rebounds ,steals and blocks.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #442
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Damn. I thought Cavs would sweep 4 straight. Guess I'll have to settle for 3.

What's that you said highnote? Cleveland gonna win sweep the final 3?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #443
ronsmac

Kevin Love had his best game defending and rebounding in a long time. He got real rebounds tonight, not the hollow rebounding numbers he sometimes puts up. He showed extreme effort defensively. Kevin Love you have my appreciation tonight.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #444
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Once again, we are reminded just how difficult it is to repeat.
They say game 4 is the toughest one to win.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:02 AM   #445
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
They say game 4 is the toughest one to win.
I assume you mean for the series underdog. I would say that's because game 3 is the game of highest focus for the series underdog. To have any chance of winning, or just keeping the series alive, game 3 is the balls to the walls game for the series underdog, and they probably have some letup for game 4.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #446
lansdale

Kevin Love +19

Congrats to Cleveland fans -- good to see the city win one after such a drought, but I still believe the better team lost -- take a look at the free throws. I think the LBJ/Cleveland narrative had more fan appeal than a GSW repeat after the antics of Green and the mouthpiece thing with Curry. Still, a fun game. FWIW, K. Love had by far the highest plus/minus in the game, at +19. Hope he gets some redemption from the Cleveland fans for this game, but if i were him, I'd still want to get the hell out of there next year. I know everybody was tired, but Curry looked especially gassed out there in the 4Q -- really not the player we saw all year, as many have already said.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #447
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I assume you mean for the series underdog. I would say that's because game 3 is the game of highest focus for the series underdog. To have any chance of winning, or just keeping the series alive, game 3 is the balls to the walls game for the series underdog, and they probably have some letup for game 4.
I said that wrong. What I meant to say is, the fourth win is the hardest.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #448
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
but Curry looked especially gassed out there in the 4Q -- really not the player we saw all year, as many have already said.
Same with LBJ. How many times did he turn the ball over -- 5 or 6? Looked like he didn't have any focus. He got the job done, but I think it was on adrenaline.

As the saying goes... getting the 4th win is the hardest.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 AM   #449
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
Congrats to Cleveland fans -- good to see the city win one after such a drought, but I still believe the better team lost -- take a look at the free throws. I think the LBJ/Cleveland narrative had more fan appeal than a GSW repeat after the antics of Green and the mouthpiece thing with Curry. Still, a fun game. FWIW, K. Love had by far the highest plus/minus in the game, at +19. Hope he gets some redemption from the Cleveland fans for this game, but if i were him, I'd still want to get the hell out of there next year. I know everybody was tired, but Curry looked especially gassed out there in the 4Q -- really not the player we saw all year, as many have already said.
If the Warriors had been healthy, very likely they would've won the series. But last year, the Warriors were healthy while the Cavs were without Love for the entire series and Irving for all but the first game. That's just how it goes.

Cavs were going to the paint a lot more than the Warriors so not surprising that they had more free throw attempts.

Kevin Love is the unsung hero tonight. They struggled when he wasn't on the floor. He's always been a good rebounder but tonight his one-on-one D and his help D were both unusually strong. He'd actually played quite well in the playoffs prior to the concussion, and although he didn't play much in Game 6 because of early foul troubles he was definitely more aware and involved in those modest minutes than he had been in the two previous games. Medically cleared is one thing; fully recovered is another.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: