Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #1606
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Question:

If they dump Special K at this point and put up, say, the Christian Cultist (female), would they be able to confirm prior to mid terms?
Old 09-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #1607
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Question:

If they dump Special K at this point and put up, say, the Christian Cultist (female), would they be able to confirm prior to mid terms?
No way
Old 09-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #1608
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Question:

I don't think they could confirm her before mid-terms but her hearings wouldn't take nearly as long. She was appointed just a year ago and went through confirmation process then... plus she just has a lot less legalese to pick apart vs. a guy like Kavanaugh.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #1609
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Question:

The repubs lost that advantage by giving in to the demand of having the hearing yesterday based on the lie Ford cannot travel by airplane.

If they would have scheduled the hearing last week or early on in the current week, there may have been a slight chance.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #1610
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
I agree with Ralph.To give an example Anthony Kennedy ,a non controversial choice if there ever was one,was nominated by Ronald Reagan on November 11, 1987 and was voted in (97-0, btw) on February 3,1988.The hearings only lasted 3 days.Granted there was a Christmas break in between but that was still almost 3 months.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #1611
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #1612
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Ford's attorneys stating they want no artificial time limits or limits in scope. And here it comes, thank you Flake for letting the obstructionists obstruct.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #1613
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Ford's attorneys stating they want no artificial time limits or limits in scope. And here it comes, thank you Flake for letting the obstructionists obstruct.

Yeah, like what Ford's attorney's got to say about anything means a damn...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #1614
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Yeah, like what Ford's attorney's got to say about anything means a damn...
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...h/#more-154650
Old 09-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #1615
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

Very poor article....Way off base...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #1616
Ocala Mike

PA a good leading indicator. The tea leaves are starting to say that Trump is wavering on Judge Kavanaugh and the failed process (the steam roller has apparently broken down and is stuck in a ditch). In spite of what he said about K.'s testimony yesterday, I am of the opinion that Trump is put off by the guy's penchant for alcohol, his petulance, and his sniveling teariness on national tv.

By the way, if you had "I like beer," "boofing," and "Devil's Triangle" on your card yesterday, you won Kavanaugh Bingo.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #1617
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You prefer just pushing the vote and losing 52-48?

I would have.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #1618
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Sorry you don't understand Boxie, you're way out of your league here, as I've forgotten more than you know of what's truly going down. Please refrain from replying to my posts in these matters.....I don't need the aggravation of explaining it to you, or for that matter anyone else, as you can just read what I post here and in the "Q" thread. If you can find anyone who knows more than I do from a "Q" perspective in these matters, read and respond to their posts, if they actually exist.....But until then, I will post what I KNOW, as I've put in the work since the beginning of "Q"...….The Greatest Military Intel Operation in History.
You mean what you THINK you know. I know exactly how liberals think. I'm always steps ahead of them because they're very predictable.

As we speak, the dimwits are working on plan "D" to derail K in the event Mitchy Boy caves in and gives them, yet, ANOTHER week they want. The dimwits know the Feds would come up empty in that phony baloney week long investigation. If the dimwits were serious about a real investigation and they really believed there was something of credible, legal substance to Ford's allegations, they would never put such a restrictive time limit on something to investigate that is nearly 4 decades old! Do you even know what a Cold Case Investigation is? And do you even know that that kind of investigation requires the skills of an expert that was specially trained to investigate very old cases? Well, here's a clue for you: It's much worse than that for the dims because there was never formal complaint filed and, therefore, NO CASE! Therefore, as I said in my previous post, it's all about buying more time so that they can find a new victim to bring charges against Mr. K.

If O'Connell is smart, he'll call their bluff and have the vote Tuesday and not give them the time they so desperately want.

This is all so transparently obvious, it's truly a wonder I have to spell it out for you.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #1619
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You prefer just pushing the vote and losing 52-48?

I would have.
No, I would have preferred Flake not to go back on his word.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #1620
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply