Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

super stock + known agenda

talk about golden trips to win their last races.

can't think either will be perfectly placed in the derby

i was a little surprised for ss to be 12-1. the program leading up to his win screamed improvement race in the ark

maybe the ark horses aren't that good.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 09:40 PM   #2
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
maybe the ark horses aren't that good.
Haskin hinted at this when discussing the so-so TG figs for Concert Tour in previous races. And, it’s not like SS was flying at the end. Agenda is improving each race and came home the fastest of any horse in 9F prep. FL Derby winners have history of success in Derby. Horse fits all the Stanley Caris angles and has competent pilot. Hard not to like particularly when you should get a decent price on what’s looking like the third betting choice.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 09:45 PM   #3
jay68802

Known Agenda is much better.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #4
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Haskin hinted at this when discussing the so-so TG figs for Concert Tour in previous races. And, it’s not like SS was flying at the end. Agenda is improving each race and came home the fastest of any horse in 9F prep. FL Derby winners have history of success in Derby. Horse fits all the Stanley Caris angles and has competent pilot. Hard not to like particularly when you should get a decent price on what’s looking like the third betting choice.

haven't read any haskin this year. will have to venture over there.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #5
boys at tosconova

the addition of blinks might have unlocked things for ka. the horse seems to improve with each start as well. can't really fault him. i do wonder where he'll be in this race
Old 04-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #6
The Biscuit

Even though Known Agenda Looks really solid on Paper .... I really don't like his Female Family # 9 in Derbies ............ I will have him 2/3/4/5 spots , myself ....BOL !!!
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #7
Musket Man

Known Agenda was drifting terribly in the stretch, about 6+ paths at least from the head on, right after they turn from home. He veers back in late. Not a positive sign from my perspective. If S&S changes leads, who knows what happens.
Musket Man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #8
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
Known Agenda was drifting terribly in the stretch, about 6+ paths at least from the head on
I noticed as well yet he still ran the fastest final 3/8th of all 9F preps. It's not like he was tired. Imagine if he ran it straight. Derby winner last seven years was in top three at all calls and if that trend continues then he will need to be more EP versus P if he's gonna be close enough to mow down the likes of Essential Quality and Rock. A quick glance at the old PPs shows six EP7 and one EP5 initial wire crossers before you find the last P winner (Orb). You see more P types show up underneath in the exacta the last seven years.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #9
Julz

That’s great work and it made me look back as well because I like KA a lot but I was concerned a lot about the “P” and all the E’s wining lately. He reminds me a lot of I’ll have another for some reason so I took a look back at his figures (he’s EP 7) and his early middle and late look a lot like KA to me....so I’d like to get your thoughts why both are classified differently AND to me anyway, IHA maybe looked slower? I’m any event I’d like to see if you could weigh in on that
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 03:11 PM   #10
f2tornado

I'll Have Another was almost always within two lengths of the lead in his races prior to the Derby. His EP7 rating was fitting. Known Agenda is typically about 3 back at the first call and a little mixed at second call. The P is reasonable as he's never lead prior to the stretch call. I do think he will either need to be a little closer to the front or hope the speed fades. Think Good Magic. He was a P4 and didn't win but the other Ortiz was wise enough to keep him within 3 lengths of Justify. I don't think he places sitting back much more. Do note that Good Magic did not have the strong LP figure Known Agenda put out in Florida Derby.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:26 PM   #11
Curln22

Thinking this years derby will have a faster pace as well.
Believe I heard Caddo River is going.
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #12
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curln22 View Post
Thinking this years derby will have a faster pace as well.
Believe I heard Caddo River is going.
HRN is reporting he's doubtful. Baffert would be happy with that.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #13
Musket Man

I'm hearing the same on Caddo, he's likely not to run.
Musket Man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #14
Curln22

I heard it on Byk this AM
Just FYI
GL
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2021, 11:01 AM   #15
boys at tosconova

even if you like either of these horses you should be in positional trouble. if either/both draw poorly most likely they'll be >10th or worse most of the race.

they might be far back even with an optimum draw, as there are so many horse with tactical speed in this years derby.

no chance in hell either gets an up close, rail hugging trip unless they call on some early foot.

don't believe me. go through the field and ask yourself if either will be in front/back of every horse in the race

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-21-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: