Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

Tolerance vs Acceptance

Political Correctness has destroyed the line that separates Tolerance from Acceptance. I accept the notion that the so-called LGBT community should have the same rights as everyone else. I know many who fall under that umbrella and some are friends. I tolerate any behavior where consenting adults do not commit crimes that affect other people. But I do not HAVE TO accept it. I don't want to see it or hear about. The fact that most major corporations honor these freaks as if their lifestyle was a beautiful thing is f*n insane.

Being otherwise normal people that exist in this world like everyone else, does not stop them from being freaks. I refer to current usage where the term 'freaks' is commonly used to refer to a person with something strikingly unusual about their appearance or behavior. I'll wager that many of us are freaks in some manner. If your freakishness does not harm anyone, I will TOLERATE it. But if it offends my personal beliefs, I will not ACCEPT it.

But in this despicable PC culture through which we suffer, toleration is not enough. We must accept that which we abhor. So screw your Gay Parades and screw your Gay Pride. If you want to be called 'married' to someone of the same sex that you love, I will tolerate it. Enjoy. Be happy. That union by itself would not disqualify you as a friend or co-worker. But our government ACCEPTING the marriage as if it was real, is another matter. For me, gay marriage is an issue created by gay activists for economic reasons.

DEATH TO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. TOLERANCE IS NOT ACCEPTANCE.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I mostly agree and I am not the gay hater I am branded in here. Oddly enough all the gay friends I have had in the past (Don't know any gays where I live now) didn't like the over the top flamboyant in your face types either.
They did not attend gay pride events, did not have rainbow stickers on their car or fly rainbow flags. They identified themselves as human, not by their sexual orientation. I don't advertise that I am heterosexual so why should gay people advertise they are gay?

Also please stop with the stupid crap that gay people of today struggle like black people in 1955 Kentucky, last I checked you cannot hide the color of your skin, but you sure can hide what sex you are attracted to.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Political Correctness has destroyed the line that separates Tolerance from Acceptance. I accept the notion that the so-called LGBT community should have the same rights as everyone else. I know many who fall under that umbrella and some are friends. I tolerate any behavior where consenting adults do not commit crimes that affect other people. But I do not HAVE TO accept it. I don't want to see it or hear about. The fact that most major corporations honor these freaks as if their lifestyle was a beautiful thing is f*n insane.

Being otherwise normal people that exist in this world like everyone else, does not stop them from being freaks. I refer to current usage where the term 'freaks' is commonly used to refer to a person with something strikingly unusual about their appearance or behavior. I'll wager that many of us are freaks in some manner. If your freakishness does not harm anyone, I will TOLERATE it. But if it offends my personal beliefs, I will not ACCEPT it.

But in this despicable PC culture through which we suffer, toleration is not enough. We must accept that which we abhor. So screw your Gay Parades and screw your Gay Pride. If you want to be called 'married' to someone of the same sex that you love, I will tolerate it. Enjoy. Be happy. That union by itself would not disqualify you as a friend or co-worker. But our government ACCEPTING the marriage as if it was real, is another matter. For me, gay marriage is an issue created by gay activists for economic reasons.

weird

i look at it this way, if does not hurt/affect me in any way, and no crime is committed, then what others do is none of my business.
who gives a flying fig if they can get REALLY married?
if you don't want to accept it, then who cares, but why should they not be allowed to marry, just because YOU don't like it?

and to the next poster, i don't like the over the top stuff either, but that is an entirely different subject to the one of letting them wed legally.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

You "tolerate" any harmless behavior...but you don't want to see or hear of it...and it offends you when it receives televised attention. Why not just turn your head away...or switch the channel? How have you decided that the gay community is looking for your "acceptance"...rather than for your "tolerance"?

My own sister is gay, and only expects "acceptance" from her family. She is only looking for "tolerance" from the rest of the public. Do you find that gay people at large have greater expectations from YOU?
Old 06-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
Greyfox

Political Correctness is the enemy of honest debate!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Thask, there are many gay persons that I find over the last few years that wear it on their sleeve and can't spend a day without telling someone they are gay, or act in such a flamboyant way that it's a spectacle.

This is a real difference from the past.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Thask, there are many gay persons that I find over the last few years that wear it on their sleeve and can't spend a day without telling someone they are gay, or act in such a flamboyant way that it's a spectacle.

This is a real difference from the past.
I agree with you, Ralph...and I've witnessed this behavior up-close. My own sister announced her sexual preference to me (which I long suspected), in a loud voice, in a crowded restaurant...and then accused me of "not supporting her" when I told her to keep her voice down...because the rest of the people there were not interested in our discussion. But the original poster here insists that "most major corporations honor these freaks as if their lifestyle is a beautiful thing"...and that's a gross exaggeration, IMO.

When I see a gay couple openly displaying their lifestyle in a loud manner...I don't think that they are looking for -- or care about -- my "acceptance". IMO...they couldn't care less if I "accept" them, or not. That's what my main objection is with this thread; the fact that "acceptance" has somehow entered the conversation here. I see all sorts of 'questionable" behavior in my life...and I never feel that I am asked to "accept" any of it. That's why I wondered if the original poster here has had a different experience in this than I have.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #8
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I agree with you, Ralph...and I've witnessed this behavior up-close. My own sister announced her sexual preference to me (which I long suspected), in a loud voice, in a crowded restaurant...and then accused me of "not supporting her" when I told her to keep her voice down...because the rest of the people there were not interested in our discussion. But the original poster here insists that "most major corporations honor these freaks as if their lifestyle is a beautiful thing"...and that's a gross exaggeration, IMO.

When I see a gay couple openly displaying their lifestyle in a loud manner...I don't think that they are looking for -- or care about -- my "acceptance". IMO...they couldn't care less if I "accept" them, or not. That's what my main objection is with this thread; the fact that "acceptance" has somehow entered the conversation here. I see all sorts of 'questionable" behavior in my life...and I never feel that I am asked to "accept" any of it. That's why I wondered if the original poster here has had a different experience in this than I have.
Have you been in the corporate world in the last ten years?

This is all I can think of right now---sorry....but watch the TV show "Top Chef"

Each contestant introduces themselves...a little bio, no big deal.

Now....why is it so vitally important the FIRST thing I know about ---is you are gay? What the hell does that have to do with cooking?

Another thing....."GAY PRIDE" --What is there to be proud of?

What was accomplished that is pride-worthy.?

I'm done--carry on.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Have you been in the corporate world in the last ten years?

This is all I can think of right now---sorry....but watch the TV show "Top Chef"

Each contestant introduces themselves...a little bio, no big deal.

Now....why is it so vitally important the FIRST thing I know about ---is you are gay? What the hell does that have to do with cooking?

Another thing....."GAY PRIDE" --What is there to be proud of?

What was accomplished that is pride-worthy.?

I'm done--carry on.
"Live and let live"...I say. If your behavior does me no harm...then I can tolerate it without any problem...even if you are "proud" of what I may find "ridiculous". I do this on this very board on an everyday basis...with posters whose "behavior" I find objectionable, and impossible to comprehend. This is a big world...and there is enough room here for all sorts of opinions, and "lifestyles".

I do what I do...and I let the rest of the world do likewise. Freedom for all.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
But the original poster here insists that "most major corporations honor these freaks as if their lifestyle is a beautiful thing"...and that's a gross exaggeration, IMO.
Probably should change major corporations to mainstream media and then you have a match.

My home page is MSN as I use their e-mail and weather since I first got on the internet. When Caitlyn Jenner was all the rage, headlines like "Caitlyn Jenner looks stunning in an evening gown" were very common. A heterosexual man that spent the last 30 years in the joint would not give Caitlyn a second look. The headlines were nothing but honoring the freak Caitlyn Jenner was and is.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #11
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Probably should change major corporations to mainstream media and then you have a match.

My home page is MSN as I use their e-mail and weather since I first got on the internet. When Caitlyn Jenner was all the rage, headlines like "Caitlyn Jenner looks stunning in an evening gown" were very common. A heterosexual man that spent the last 30 years in the joint would not give Caitlyn a second look. The headlines were nothing but honoring the freak Caitlyn Jenner was and is.
wow.
on full display.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
johnhannibalsmith

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about everything gay this and that everywhere I look that I'm going to start another thread at Pace Advantage in which everyone can talk about what they think about all things gay for the billionth time.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about everything gay this and that everywhere I look that I'm going to start another thread at Pace Advantage in which everyone can talk about what they think about all things gay for the billionth time.
I am detecting negative vibes here about the ability of this thread to have any major impact on the issue.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #14
zico20

Quote:
You "tolerate" any harmless behavior...but you don't want to see or hear of it...and it offends you when it receives televised attention. Why not just turn your head away...or switch the channel? How have you decided that the gay community is looking for your "acceptance"...rather than for your "tolerance"?

My own sister is gay, and only expects "acceptance" from her family. She is only looking for "tolerance" from the rest of the public. Do you find that gay people at large have greater expectations from YOU?
These same gay people who think you should not be offended by their open lifestyle are the same ones who are demanding the removal of Confederate monuments that they are offended by. Turn your head away from the Confederate statues if they offend you.

Of course all liberals are offended by everything these days, which is so sad.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #15
barn32
tmrpots

I don't like queers blacks or Asians, but I don't mind Jews as long as they don't talk very loud.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply