Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #136
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
If he believed the race was not on the turf, why wouldn't he go out and try to fix it? It doesn't take a team to work on it and it doesn't take hours. Also, there is nothing in the video where you can prove what tools he does or does not have. So you saying he didn't have a shovel is pure fabrication.

Lastly, and most likely, it was an antenna buried at a particular spot. It doesn't have to be a wire running underground across the entire length of the track.
I'm pretty sure we could see a freaking shovel.

Again, you're talking about a system they don't have, so why keep arguing it?
Old 05-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #137
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I'm pretty sure we could see a freaking shovel.

Again, you're talking about a system they don't have, so why keep arguing it?
It just so happens I had questions about the timing of turf races when the rails are out at Golden Gate before this ever happened. There were clearly issues in my mind. I was going to be in the area and was invited to discuss it. I spoke with people from the timing company and the track personally.

No matter how crazy it may look to you, the guy was on the course to work on the timing system. It is as simple as that. Unless you think the DRF reporter, Golden Gate Fields management, the timing company, and myself are all lying, I'm not sure why this is persisting. There really is nothing to see here.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #138
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It just so happens I had questions about the timing of turf races when the rails are out at Golden Gate before this ever happened. There were clearly issues in my mind. I was going to be in the area and was invited to discuss it. I spoke with people from the timing company and the track personally.

No matter how crazy it may look to you, the guy was on the course to work on the timing system. It is as simple as that. Unless you think the DRF reporter, Golden Gate Fields management, the timing company, and myself are all lying, I'm not sure why this is persisting. There really is nothing to see here.
Now I'm thinking it's YOUR fault. You make a bunch of complaints on turf course timing at GGF, so they sent this guy out on the course to fix it!
Old 05-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #139
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Now I'm thinking it's YOUR fault. You make a bunch of complaints on turf course timing at GGF, so they sent this guy out on the course to fix it!
I hope not! In reality these timing devices should be checked often, much more than they are in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #140
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It comes down to the ol' "undying need to be RIGHT on the Internet...even if you're wrong."
Old 05-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #141
HoofedInTheChest

Some of you guys are making something out of nothing.

Woodbine was having problems with their timing system when the season opened, and after a couple of weeks it was discovered that groundhogs were chewing through the fiber optic cable that Trakus had laid out. It might be a good idea to use some conduit next time fellas.

For all we know the “guy” could have been looking for irregularities on the turf course, or looking for holes that an animal might have dug up, or trying to find a sensor, or whatever.

As they say in life..... timing is everything.

I think the guy made the right call, he faced in the opposite direction and crouched down so he wouldn’t take a hoof to the top of the head.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #142
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It comes down to the ol' "undying need to be RIGHT on the Internet...even if you're wrong."
Some may have been tongue in cheek, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #143
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
Some of you guys are making something out of nothing.

Woodbine was having problems with their timing system when the season opened, and after a couple of weeks it was discovered that groundhogs were chewing through the fiber optic cable that Trakus had laid out. It might be a good idea to use some conduit next time fellas.
They just need to hire Bill Murray's character from "Caddyshack".
Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #144
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
They just need to hire Bill Murray's character from "Caddyshack".
Carl Spackler

Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet-Cong...Varmint-Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote.

Hello? Anybody home? Hello, Mr. Gopher! It's me, Mr. Squirrel. Just a harmless squirrel. Not a plastic explosive or anything. Nothing to be worried about. I'm just here to make your last hours on earth as peaceful as possible. Don't mind this. This is doctor's orders. You don't mind if I just pop in there for a few laughs? That's right. Or in the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher." This is going to be sweet.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #145
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

The DRF reporter just reported what he was told. You've given no indication that you have any firsthand knowledge of what happened. So no, I don't think either of you are lying as without firsthand knowledge, you can't be lying.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #146
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No, it comes down to the explanation making no sense, and to date, no one has offered up anything to clarify what happened.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #147
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The DRF reporter just reported what he was told. You've given no indication that you have any firsthand knowledge of what happened. So no, I don't think either of you are lying as without firsthand knowledge, you can't be lying.
You've dug your heels in. I admire stubbornness, but you're done in this thread.
Closed Thread