Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
This never occurred to me.

So, they can for some reason have a discussion with themselves (but you're saying one for racing and one for OT so not probable) and draw some unsuspecting person into their thread if they wanted which is misleading as hell IMO which seems way out of line to me.

I remember several members suspected one of doing just this with two other handles who continuously complemented each other and basically built themselves up. I never was certain that this is what was going on but it caused me to always be skeptical when interacting with any of them.
No, I don't think they are using two handles to have a discussion with themselves and lure unsuspecting people into a thread.

What I'm talking about is someone who doesn't want their racing user name here associated with anything they might want to say in off-topic, be it politically related or religious or anything "controversial" like that...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #77
DeltaLover

Based on the title of thread and detecting that the OT threads seem to be a controversial topic, I suggest we open a poll about whether we want them or not.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #78
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
I've seen you post before because I've read some of yours in OT. But, you've mentioned that you don't post in the horse racing side which I don't understand.

What brought you to this Horse Racing Forum?

At the beginning, I never even ventured into the OT threads and then one day I did and then some guy started in on me regarding one of my posts. I had never encountered his handle before (and he had 000's of posts) and I had already been here for several years.

I asked him this same question and never received an answer.

So, why would you be interested in a horse racing forum to discuss only non-horse racing topics?
Didn't know my posting habits were so scrutinized and of national interest lol.
However, if you must know, I started out here on the horse side. Mike even let me sell a few of my horse racing books here. Over time, the horse racing side ( to me) has become rather bland so I choose not to post there.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #79
Mike Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's up to YOU to NOT RESPOND to bullshit and troll replies. Once you start RESPONDING, it blows up quickly...then when I show up, or another moderator shows up, I don't have just ONE troll comment or inappropriate post to delete...
It almost seems as if you're trying to ask horse player's to use common sense and reason, while remaining civil. Might as well ask for world peace and a million dollars while you're at it...
Mike Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #80
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Didn't know my posting habits were so scrutinized and of national interest lol.
However, if you must know, I started out here on the horse side. Mike even let me sell a few of my horse racing books here. Over time, the horse racing side ( to me) has become rather bland so I choose not to post there.
Thanks.

I just try to understand what people write and see if it makes sense to me. I thought within this thread you commented you don't participate in the racing side but only in OT-general which is the reason for my question.

And, I don't remember you posting on the horse side unless you changed your avatar.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #81
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I would just like to state something for the record. All those complaining about message boards or twitter or this website or whatever...BLAME YOURSELVES.

Don't blame me. This website, and everywhere else you go...it's made up OF ALL OF YOU.

If ALL OF YOU wanted to have quality conversations about upcoming races, or handicapping principles, or the state of affairs of the world (in off topic), it's UP TO YOU to start those kinds of threads, and contribute quality content to it.

It's up to ME to rid the board of people and comments that are not appropriate.

It's up to YOU to NOT RESPOND to bullshit and troll replies. Once you start RESPONDING, it blows up quickly...then when I show up, or another moderator shows up, I don't have just ONE troll comment or inappropriate post to delete, now I have all these REPLIES and BACK AND FORTH from the very people who are now going to COMPLAIN what a cesspool this place is...and BLAME ME for not being around 24/7 to delete every single thing that upsets them.

Here's a novel idea...LET SOME THINGS GO...ignore the BS, and it will get deleted within a few hours at best. And the repeat offenders will eventually be kicked off the island.

But don't go around blaming me for what ALL OF YOU decide to post here...ALL OF YOU make this place EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...good and bad alike.
I was thinking about this post. Think about this.

We bet on our opinions. So, every day you have a few dozen maybe a hundred Alpha and Beta males on here (no offense to the women but you just don't get into it with these guys which I've seen (good thing but you don't know what you're missing)) expressing our opinions on different topics.

"LET SOME THINGS GO...ignore the BS" .... this place is like some sports bar with games on the TV and some I'm pretty certain have had a few. You're going to have realize you're the bartender and/or bouncer of this joint.

Not everyone can be as classy as some of us.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #82
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
It almost seems as if you're trying to ask horse player's to use common sense and reason, while remaining civil. Might as well ask for world peace and a million dollars while you're at it...
There is no greater symbol of good intention, common sense, reason and civility than signing up for a forum using the moniker Mike Hawk.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #83
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
There is no greater symbol of good intention, common sense, reason and civility than signing up for a forum using the moniker Mike Hawk.
Actually Mike Hunt tops that.

When I saw Mr. Hawk's moniker I knew we were blessed with another Grade 1 contributor.

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You guys must be from Boston.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #85
rsetup
Veteran

So, if I create a thread and management decides to append it to an existing thread. Clearly, if I wanted to add to that thread I would have. I want no part of that thread or the thread that my posts were initially appended to.

Now, if I make repeated requests to have my posts deleted from THAT thread, shouldn't management honor my requests? After all, they put something I posted where I don't want it to be. If they feel that this thread cannot stand on it's own, then why not remove it? Why force me to accept my comments being appended to another thread?

Hard to make the claim that this experience is exactly what I made of it. It can't be the case that the forum is lacking in disk space?

I now openly request that management PLEASE remove my posts from that thread.

Thank You
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #86
HalvOnHorseracing

I think the Off Topic threads should have the motto, "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth."
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #87
Mike Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Actually Mike Hunt tops that.

When I saw Mr. Hawk's moniker I knew we were blessed with another Grade 1 contributor.

Welcome aboard!
Well, if you can even call me a contributor...! I'm merely a lurker, (see my 3 posts, including this one, since 2014, and a lurker, many, many years before that even) born with an unfortunate birth name that has cursed me my entire life. Believe me...

I could, however, go by Michael, but I've always despised my full name. I've learned to put the blinkers on though and blind myself to childish ridicule as it is only the name I was given after all.

Speaking on the subject here, I do enjoy the immature banter at times, as it provides priceless entertainment, but there is a certain line people always seem to cross, usually the same repeated trolls. Regardless of the few toxic people here, most are not and I wish nothing but health to this forum. I quite enjoy the diverse opinions and discussions here when the conversations remain civil, and even at times when some individuals become unruly. It's always good fun laughing at others stupidity. Back to lurking for now
Mike Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #88
mountainman

Not a fan of internet anonymity. At all. And since lots of people use it to say things they wouldn't take ownership of in real life, the issue arises as to what point a poster sacrifices human identity and renders himself a toon.

It's a fine line, to be sure. But in my opinion, this should be explored.

Thus, instead of demerit points, I suggest pace and cj start assigning cartoon points, and set a limit beyond which the offender's posts are adorned with an automatic tweety bird, or big purple Barney. As an indication said board member has lost the right to be taken seriously or engage in big boy debate.

Last edited by mountainman; 04-29-2017 at 04:24 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #89
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
Well, if you can even call me a contributor...! I'm merely a lurker, (see my 3 posts, including this one, since 2014, and a lurker, many, many years before that even) born with an unfortunate birth name that has cursed me my entire life. Believe me...

I could, however, go by Michael, but I've always despised my full name. I've learned to put the blinkers on though and blind myself to childish ridicule as it is only the name I was given after all.

Speaking on the subject here, I do enjoy the immature banter at times, as it provides priceless entertainment, but there is a certain line people always seem to cross, usually the same repeated trolls. Regardless of the few toxic people here, most are not and I wish nothing but health to this forum. I quite enjoy the diverse opinions and discussions here when the conversations remain civil, and even at times when some individuals become unruly. It's always good fun laughing at others stupidity. Back to lurking for now
If it makes you feel better, I know of these two women:

Bunny Easter

Anita Dick

We have to blame Bunny on Mr. and Mrs. Easter, who apparently thought it be cute to assign this name to their newborn daughter with bright red (orange) hair.

Anita had the misfortune of falling in love with a Dick.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #90
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
If it makes you feel better, I know of these two women:

Bunny Easter

Anita Dick

We have to blame Bunny on Mr. and Mrs. Easter, who apparently thought it be cute to assign this name to their newborn daughter with bright red (orange) hair.

Anita had the misfortune of falling in love with a Dick.
Giants had a pitching coach for a few years named DICK POLE.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply