Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #46
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Are you part of the "left"? If so you know exactly why you lost. Could you explain it here?

Please answer the question better than this lady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jx5WcJVSgc
I've answered it previously. First, the Democratic candidate was incredibly flawed. We spent more time listening to all the horrible things she did as a public servant than any of the good things she did. Second, she ran a particularly poor and non-strategic campaign. Third, there was a major undercurrent of discontent for people who believe their lives and the lives of their children have a bleaker future. Fourth, many of the boogeymen people believed were a problem - illegal immigration, jobs evaporating, a dysfunctional Washington, D.C., saying that America was no longer great - were directly addressed by Trump and not very well addressed by Hillary. Fifth, Trump was the outsider many people were looking for to drain the swamp. People didn't believe anyone else was up to that job.

Finally, everyone underestimated Trump and didn't take him as seriously as they should have.

Did you think there were different reasons?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #47
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

If someone agrees with my girlfriend about why Republican protesters are small in number I will acknowledge that
So, this "disconnected" poster wants to know your girlfriend's reasoning and if anyone came close to it.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #48
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
So, this "disconnected" poster wants to know your girlfriend's reasoning and if anyone came close to it.
She said it was due to the political demographics of how the population is dispersed. Densely populated areas in the inner cities are strongly Democrat while Republicans populate rural areas. She claims Republicans are too spread out to easily assemble in masses. I honestly am amazed at how she spins things to never paint a liberal cause or action in a negative light. Of course no one in here came close to her explanation.

Personally I think as a whole liberals love to make excuses for poor behavior. I see many of them going as far as condoning and explaining away the law breaking and violence that these protests lead to.

On the other hand the most despised extreme right wing organization in the USA, namely the KKK does not condone breaking the law in any manner. Let that sink in.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #49
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I see zero signs that this is about the "wrong" that someone can be elected without receiving the popular vote.
Why are people showing up in huge numbers at town hall meetings across the country and at protest marches? Do you think that these people protesting believe they are in the minority but want their voices to be heard? I don't. I think these people believe they are represent the majority of Americans. And they want the voices of the majority to be heard loud and clear.

It's understandable that Trump fans want to believe the above is fake news. Rejection is a tough cookie to digest.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #50
Ocala Mike

Your girlfriend's reasoning is pretty good, I think. I'm with NJ Stinks - she's a keeper!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #51
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I see zero signs that this is about the "wrong" that someone can be elected without receiving the popular vote.
Fortunately I know very few liberals personally. None of them complain about Trump losing the popular vote and winning the electoral college. He used the system to his advantage not bothering to campaign in states he had no chance of winning. If the winner of the popular vote wins the presidency I am sure he would have campaigned differently.

Maybe they should have a protesters exit poll and see the breakdown of why people are protesting.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #52
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

So what is it that the so- called liberal left wants...?
Do they actually want the USA to be a communist political system...?
If we had gotten Hillary for President, what would have been her agenda items to move forward on....?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #53
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Conservatives care most about fiscal issues, while liberals care most about social issues.
Bingo. For example, that's why it's mandatory that the GOP talk about is cutting taxes whenever they gather. Who cares who has health insurance and who doesn't if you already have good health insurance? Who cares about giving out food stamps if one does not need food stamps?

I could go on but why bother. The GOP represents people who are concerned with one issue - themselves and their family. The welfare of society as a whole is not their problem - financially at least. They may contribute to society if they feel like it but if they don't - tough s_ _ t for those in need.

I don't feel the need to share that philosophy. It's 2017 - not 1884 for crying out loud.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #54
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
in 2016 Clinton wins by almost 3 million votes but Donny is magically crowned king. Of course, people are more pissed off.
What are you implying? That the constitution should have been changed as soon as Trump won and the electoral college removed so that he'd lose and Hillary wins? You realize how dumb that sounds? Do you understand how ridiculous your statement even is? "Magically"?
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #55
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
What are you implying? That the constitution should have been changed as soon as Trump won and the electoral college removed so that he'd lose and Hillary wins? You realize how dumb that sounds? Do you understand how ridiculous your statement even is? "Magically"?
I'm not implying anything. I'm saying and have said numerous times since the election that anybody who loses the popular vote by almost 3M votes deserves to lose the presidential election. PERIOD.

Any other "result" is ridiculous. But I won't hold my breath waiting for Red States to do the right thing and vote to ditch the Electoral College process once and for all.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #56
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I've answered it previously. First, the Democratic candidate was incredibly flawed. We spent more time listening to all the horrible things she did as a public servant than any of the good things she did. Second, she ran a particularly poor and non-strategic campaign. Third, there was a major undercurrent of discontent for people who believe their lives and the lives of their children have a bleaker future. Fourth, many of the boogeymen people believed were a problem - illegal immigration, jobs evaporating, a dysfunctional Washington, D.C., saying that America was no longer great - were directly addressed by Trump and not very well addressed by Hillary. Fifth, Trump was the outsider many people were looking for to drain the swamp. People didn't believe anyone else was up to that job.

Finally, everyone underestimated Trump and didn't take him as seriously as they should have.

Did you think there were different reasons?
1) half of democrats are/were Bernie Sanders supporters and became disenfranchised after they saw the way the DNC screwed him. Many of those did not vote.

2) biased polls continually showed Hillary winning in a landslide. This kept some voters from voting and Hillary from an aggressive campaign during the last month.

3) major media was extremely biased in their views, the way they interviewed candidates, and questions during the debates. This kept many voters upset with the reporting. An example is George Stephanopolous -

4) Hillary kept talking out of both sides of her mouth. She was the most untrustworthy candidate in recent history.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #57
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
I'm not implying anything. I'm saying and have said numerous times since the election that anybody who loses the popular vote by almost 3M votes deserves to lose the presidential election. PERIOD.

Any other "result" is ridiculous. But I won't hold my breath waiting for Red States to do the right thing and vote to ditch the Electoral College process once and for all.
OMG it must be the water.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #58
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
1) half of democrats are/were Bernie Sanders supporters and became disenfranchised after they saw the way the DNC screwed him. Many of those did not vote.

2) biased polls continually showed Hillary winning in a landslide. This kept some voters from voting and Hillary from an aggressive campaign during the last month.

3) major media was extremely biased in their views, the way they interviewed candidates, and questions during the debates. This kept many voters upset with the reporting. An example is George Stephanopolous -

4) Hillary kept talking out of both sides of her mouth. She was the most untrustworthy candidate in recent history.

I think #4 was the biggest reason for the results. As much as a lot of people didn't like Trump they viewed Hillary as 10 times more despicable.
In my own small world if Bernie wins the domination, he ends up president. I knew a good amount of people who never or rarely vote that would have voted in the general election if Bernie was the nominee, with the witch being the Democrat candidate they stayed home. Bernie seemed very honest for a politician while Hillary is the exact opposite, that appearance of honesty alone would have got him a lot of votes.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #59
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
[/B]I think #4 was the biggest reason for the results. As much as a lot of people didn't like Trump they viewed Hillary as 10 times more despicable.
In my own small world if Bernie wins the domination, he ends up president. I knew a good amount of people who never or rarely vote that would have voted in the general election if Bernie was the nominee, with the witch being the Democrat candidate they stayed home. Bernie seemed very honest for a politician while Hillary is the exact opposite, that appearance of honesty alone would have got him a lot of votes.

If Bernie got the nomination, in order to become President, he would have had to do something that seems impossible, win without the support of black voters. He did horribly with black voters in the primaries. I don't see how he could have won.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #60
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
If Bernie got the nomination, in order to become President, he would have had to do something that seems impossible, win without the support of black voters. He did horribly with black voters in the primaries. I don't see how he could have won.
Once again from what I heard and what I saw a lot of black voters stayed home. The county I live in is 1/3 black and my polling place was pretty crowded a good 100 or so people in line, yet probably only a dozen black folks. I think a lot of them despised Hillary.

I only missed voting in one presidential election since I was eligible in 1980 (Got my registration rejected when I moved here) . I always voted for the Republican except this year I wrote in a fictitious name. I honestly would have voted for Bernie if he made it, I appreciate his appearance of honesty and figured congress would keep him in check. I don't think I was alone in wanting to jump sides because of Trump, but would never vote for the witch.