Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #346
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP
Is it me or is there some irony with the horse being owned by Los Pollos Hermanos stables....ahh the shady underworld.
Weren't they the full owners for his (very shady) first start?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #347
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Weren't they the full owners for his (very shady) first start?
No. A. C. Avila owned a piece.

Avila purchased the horse Masochistic in August (or September) 2013 for himself and Los Pollos Hermanos Racing Stable as equal partners.

(Plagiarized from me)

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 01-10-2017 at 04:07 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #348
HalvOnHorseracing

This may be worth writing about after all.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #349
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
No. A. C. Avila owned a piece.

Avila purchased the horse Masochistic in August (or September) 2013 for himself and Los Pollos Hermanos Racing Stable as equal partners.

(Plagiarized from me)
So they were part owners for his (very shady) first start. I didn't realize they were still involved until seeing the suspension article.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #350
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So they were part owners for his (very shady) first start. I didn't realize they were still involved until seeing the suspension article.
The ownership of this horse has always baffled me for two reasons...

When the Siegels bought in he went to Ellis which gave me the impression they owned a majority since Ellis is their trainer.

However he races in the Los Pollos Hermanos silks. I believe he's never worn the Siegels silks.

So the trainer move reflects the Ellis having a controlling interest but the silks reflect the original owners are the majority owners.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #351
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Masochistic a little short today as heavy favorite...and I don't mean short as on training.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #352
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Masochistic a little short today as heavy favorite...and I don't mean short as on training.

I still couldn't see the winner though. What a jump up. On your numbers the 1 was running 110s at best while others were in the 120s, I had used the 2nd and 3rd choices but am tearing up my P4 tickets. Nice Doug O'Neill training.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #353
jocko699
Resurrectionist

I agree, this was a tough play to say the least. Now if I can get Madame Dancelaot to somehow win in the 11th all will be fine.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #354
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I still couldn't see the winner though. What a jump up. On your numbers the 1 was running 110s at best while others were in the 120s, I had used the 2nd and 3rd choices but am tearing up my P4 tickets. Nice Doug O'Neill training.
I played the winner along with another horse. There is a trick I use. I wish it showed in the numbers but I was voted down in the early days of TFUS. I left it to the user with the old PaceFigures program to choose.

The trick is pretty simple...I adjust the 3yo figure for maturity. I do that up until the horse's actual 4yo birthday. So that 109/110 you see in the 3yo season of Feb / Mar are actually like 123 and 122 to me. He was 3rd off the layoff and improving back towards those numbers. That is my favorite pattern ever as my old PF customers can attest! He also had a tough break last time so was probably better than a 111 and is a horse with no history of gate problems before.

It certainly doesn't work all the time but you can land some really nice prices.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #355
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
I played the winner along with another horse. There is a trick I use. I wish it showed in the numbers but I was voted down in the early days of TFUS. I left it to the user with the old PaceFigures program to choose.

The trick is pretty simple...I adjust the 3yo figure for maturity. I do that up until the horse's actual 4yo birthday. So that 109/110 you see in the 3yo season of Feb / Mar are actually like 123 and 122 to me. He was 3rd off the layoff and improving back towards those numbers. That is my favorite pattern ever as my old PF customers can attest! He also had a tough break last time so was probably better than a 111 and is a horse with no history of gate problems before.

It certainly doesn't work all the time but you can land some really nice prices.
You know I often do that too. unfortunately not here. I've caught good prices just expecting normal development. And I guess he had trouble in the last race....
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #356
dilanesp

Quote:

You are absolutely right. This probably explains the 80 year old handicapping angle of "past class" too.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #357
Bennie

The old L3 is still one of the first things I look for CJ. I don't play as many tracks as I used to but the ones I do play I am always looking for 3rd off layoff and fast pace races with a 4-1 or better late pace horse. I just wish I could rearrange the horses by PF's like Jim used to do Aqueduct for us on the old Pace Figs site.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #358
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dont give it all away
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #359
plainolebill

I passed right over Denman's Call until I went through the rest of the field. The two big horses were coming off long layoffs and are another year older, Eurton's horse gets a different rider, Masochistic didn't have his best year in 2016. If Glatt's horse is this good, why run him through each and every alw condition? Follow me Crev is an alw horse.

Finally, since I learned the maturity angle from CJ at PF it seemed like a real good place to apply it. AND the horse had a 58 and change work since his last race.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #360
outofthebox

He is really missing his annual shot of Roids...
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply