Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #211
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
...You can't leave stuff out because people will steal everything not nailed down. ...
I often wonder if there's a page on Craigslist or wherever that has 10,000 remote controls for obsolete Zannyoo 13" televisions courtesy of that upscale looking guy that spends all day long in the grandstand just waiting to strike at the temporarily empty table and add to his collection.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #212
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I often wonder if there's a page on Craigslist or wherever that has 10,000 remote controls for obsolete Zannyoo 13" televisions courtesy of that upscale looking guy that spends all day long in the grandstand just waiting to strike at the temporarily empty table and add to his collection.
My favorite one was up at Saratoga where they had posted some paper signs around a table where there would be a jockey autograph signing the next day. Someone tore one of the jockey pictures off the sign. It wasn't even like a professional print job, just off a regular color printer. We didn't understand why they didn't just take the whole sign as it was just held in place with scotch tape.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #213
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
My favorite one was up at Saratoga where they had posted some paper signs around a table where there would be a jockey autograph signing the next day. Someone tore one of the jockey pictures off the sign. It wasn't even like a professional print job, just off a regular color printer. We didn't understand why they didn't just take the whole sign as it was just held in place with scotch tape.
Closing day at Hollywood Park, they had 3 security guards at the exit gate doing nothing but retrieving stuff that patrons had stolen from the track.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #214
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Closing day at Hollywood Park, they had 3 security guards at the exit gate doing nothing but retrieving stuff that patrons had stolen from the track.
How much did the guards walk off with one wonders
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #215
MonmouthParkJoe

Does anyone know if they made any press release or did anyone comment on the pros and cons of this takeout change? I have been looking but cant seem to find anything.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #216
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Does anyone know if they made any press release or did anyone comment on the pros and cons of this takeout change? I have been looking but cant seem to find anything.
Crunk analyzed the numbers here.

http://crunktrunk.tumblr.com/post/15...an-lure-a-bird
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #217
AskinHaskin

Quote:

The 'con' was the $500,000 of raw revenue lost in the on-track arena due to the reduction in takeout.

The handle gain off-track was mostly insignificant as Cby had to reduce the price of their signal before garnering the usual pittance of revenue from off-track wagers on their live product.

Can't imagine they'd be foolish enough to take that hit, which was roughly 20% of their on-track revenue from handle, for a second season in a row.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2016, 12:07 AM   #218
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Quote:

I started a thread, now on page 2 - this link just has a couple of sentences from CBY, and others

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/new...discussed.html
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2016, 12:13 AM   #219
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin
The 'con' was the $500,000 of raw revenue lost in the on-track arena due to the reduction in takeout.

The handle gain off-track was mostly insignificant as Cby had to reduce the price of their signal before garnering the usual pittance of revenue from off-track wagers on their live product.

Can't imagine they'd be foolish enough to take that hit, which was roughly 20% of their on-track revenue from handle, for a second season in a row.
I know all this but thank you, just looking to see if they made any statement. Ive been tracking their numbers over the season.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply