Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #3196
oughtoh

Thanks Greg. After reading your posts I think I have been doing this all wrong. Never paid attention to the lines to the right. How do you get all the horses in one race on the page at the same time. When I hit the buttons it gives me the horses in each race, but don't know how to get all the horses in one race at the same time, if that is possible, In the 9th at Par today I got the 7 horse not the 6.

Last edited by oughtoh; 04-25-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #3197
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Thanks Greg. After reading your posts I think I have been doing this all wrong. Never paid attention to the lines to the right. How do you get all the horses in one race on the page at the same time. When I hit the buttons it gives me the horses in each race, but don't know how to get all the horses in one race at the same time, if that is possible, In the 9th at Par today I got the 7 horse not the 6.
Open it full-screen, Ed. Unless you're on a small laptop screen or something...I havent heard of any reso problems. Remember this was an older program initially--with very few frills.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-25-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #3198
oughtoh

It is full screen and I get the numbers on the right for the pick in each race, can't figure out how to do one race at a time. From looking at different post all the ponypickers screenshots looked like I get. Did not see any of them that give one race at a time. But your platnium screenshots did. Not sure this program does that.

Last edited by oughtoh; 04-25-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #3199
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
It is full screen and I get the numbers on the right for the pick in each race, can't figure out how to do one race at a time. From looking at different post all the ponypickers screenshots looked like I get. Did not see any of them that give one race at a time. But your platnium screenshots did. Not sure this program does that.
Did you double-click on the race you wanted? Sorry----the "frills" thing, remember? Guess that included actual good directions from me
Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #3200
oughtoh

Thank you. that worked. Told you I wasn't good with computers. Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #3201
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Thank you. that worked. Told you I wasn't good with computers. Thanks again.
Glad you got squared away, Ed. I know this is your day off - so you get to play the ponies--there just isn't anything going LOL.

None of the longshots I posted up did anything..but did you check out the EASY WINNERS at Rogers? Almost all of them won...it's not the program's fault the winners don't pay very well...it's just supposed to select winners.

Wish it did that well everywhere. We got MNR coming up--I don't think anything does well there. I'm gonna take a small shot at the late pick-3 just for kicks.

$2 Pick-3: 3 / 2,6 / 5,6 Bets: 4 Total: $8

Attached Images
File Type: png LATE P3 MNR.PNG (19.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-25-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #3202
oughtoh

I had a fine day today. just have to work harder to try and find e or tri. I am retired so I try and play everyday if I can afford to and there isn't family things to do. Even if I don't play I have TVG with the sound muted. I am getting better with this and having fun, so that is what counts.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #3203
JeffH

So a new version of the pony picks software will be available for $49.96, or did I not understand correctly? When will this software be available?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #3204
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
So a new version of the pony picks software will be available for $49.96, or did I not understand correctly? When will this software be available?
Sometime next month, Jeff...thanks for asking.

It's actually a program I've been working for quite awhile. The PONYPICKER is working so well...just decided to add the 3 spot plays from PonyPicker into the other new prog.

I'm expecting good things...join my Newsletter if you care to--I'll let you know the details--NCG
Old 04-26-2017, 01:21 AM   #3205
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Heard there were some bombs dropping @ Indy today....I didn't realize the track was running today.

Anyway, that route method I posted--the one where you check the top E-2 horses--and work from there--looked over the Indy Card and the found another nice example today.

Keep in mind this is NOT the "E-2" method---you can simply start your handicapping at that point....or at any point you choose.

This is how I handicap is why I explain it this way and use E-2 as a starting point.

If your 'capping this way, remember after you've chosen your initial E-2 contenders---pay no attention to the non-qualifiers' pace numbers--they don't exist for now for our purposes.

This is from the PLATINUM program....but these same pace numbers are found in everything else except EXOTIC....and can be 'capped this way. You PRO & PONYPICKER users will notice a lot more info in Platinum.

Take a look at this race (6th)....you'll see this horse looks almost the same, comparatively...as the one I posted yesterday.

I think I will come up with a quick checklist ---just to get newbies up to speed on this---look for it in a couple days-NCG

*I know I haven't mentioned this to PA Mike...but the new changes to posting images is fantastic. It was a PITA to post anything previously....everything had to be reduced and reformatted to meet the tiny pixel requirements...it's great now.

Attached Images
File Type: png indy 6th.PNG (87.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-26-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 AM   #3206
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hey, Murph...

A few weeks ago, you told me to go "F" myself...because I suggested that the free ADW past performances should be for the "active bettors" only. You said that you were a "poor, old bugger" who couldn't consistently bet $10 a day at the track...and you took a swipe at the "resident gurus" here...whom you accused of "wanting the small-bettor out of the game".

And now, just a few weeks latter...you have become a "resident guru" here yourself...dispensing handicapping advice, and challenging people to handicapping contests. You even call yourself a "public handicapper" now.

Congrats on the sudden turn-around.
Thanks, Thask. I still don't recommend anyone bet alot of money on horse racing. I know I don't.

You are still aggravated how I replied to you there on the ADW PP's and having to pay a minimum bet to get them. All of this PP info is freely available in a different format. Historical charts. If there's a remote chance I will wager $10 with your platform, PP's for a $2 show bet is still too much for me.

Just starting back I am investing more with my data providers some months than I am sending to the ADW for wagers. I did not wager $200 in Feb. this year barely that in March and only because of Hawthorne.

I am an expert handicapper and if I am going to play I do not mind to invest in the data, create and fund a couple of bankrolls, set goals, outline a strategy then fill my calendar with some opportunities. When are you going to jump back in to join me? The water is fine but the work to float is still very real.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #3207
oughtoh

Would appreciate it if you could explain this to us when you gt a chance. Will go read about platnium right now to see if I can understand more.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:45 AM   #3208
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Heard there were some bombs dropping @ Indy today....I didn't realize the track was running today.

Anyway, that route method I posted--the one where you check the top E-2 horses--and work from there--looked over the Indy Card and the found another nice example today.

Keep in mind this is NOT the "E-2" method---you can simply start your handicapping at that point....or at any point you choose.

This is how I handicap is why I explain it this way and use E-2 as a starting point.

If your 'capping this way, remember after you've chosen your initial E-2 contenders---pay no attention to the non-qualifiers' pace numbers--they don't exist for now for our purposes.

This is from the PLATINUM program....but these same pace numbers are found in everything else except EXOTIC....and can be 'capped this way. You PRO & PONYPICKER users will notice a lot more info in Platinum.

Take a look at this race (6th)....you'll see this horse looks almost the same, comparatively...as the one I posted yesterday.

I think I will come up with a quick checklist ---just to get newbies up to speed on this---look for it in a couple days-NCG

*I know I haven't mentioned this to PA Mike...but the new changes to posting images is fantastic. It was a PITA to post anything previously....everything had to be reduced and reformatted to meet the tiny pixel requirements...it's great now.
Suspected a vulnerable fave here but could not spot the winner and passed. I totally missed back in 19 days.

Way better for screenshots agreed. Early power and Late power ratings?! Now you are just showing off.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #3209
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Would appreciate it if you could explain this to us when you gt a chance. Will go read about platinum right now to see if I can understand more.
Lets take a look at a race TOMORROW...instead of races already run.

I like to find races with an overwhelming favorite--that clearly doesn't belong there. His numbers are so dominating compared with the rest of the field--I like to call them "sucker bets".

Once in a while they actually win the race--but these horses have this strange propensity to run 2nd. Today's 7TH @ Gulfstream is just such a horse--3/5 ML TONINA. Any 3/5 horse is a ridiculous wager anyway...but the bettors are going to ooh and ahh when they look at this one's sparkling numbers..."She can't lose" they'll say.

Well yes these horses can and do lose every day. Check Tonina's huge numbers---why are they giving away this horse for half what it's supposed worth?

I like to just scratch horses like this..and try to find the 2nd best. Sometimes you can find a sweet payoff since the favorite is taking so much money in the win pool.

The 2nd best horse looks like LIBERTY ROAD @ 9/2 ml. If Tonina scratches--then all bets are off, because Liberty Road would probably become favored.

If Tonina's numbers look highly suspicious to you--then you know what a sucker bet looks like. A lot of times these horses don't even get claimed. Wouldn't you like to know that bit of info BEFORE the race? Then you would have an excellent idea this horse isn't sound...if other expert horsemen have looked him over and passed.

So I'm going to assume (12 hours before racetime) that TONINA's presence here is a fire sale--and bet the next best-looking horse..LIBERTY ROAD.
I really don't look at horses pre-race...so unless Tonina has front wraps up to her eyeballs..or is walking with a cane...they
pretty much just look like horses to me.

Good luck-NCG

*btw...Tampa Tip Sheet is up on the website free for today WED

Attached Images
File Type: png gpx 4-26.PNG (69.6 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-26-2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #3210
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PLATINUM EXACTAS

Anyone up for a little exacta action? Got fine PLATINUM plays from all over the country....don't worry--these never lose!!

I only even bother to look them up when I need some pocket money---gotta go walkin around Oakland tomorrow.

A pocketful of cash can save you a serious beatdown--those battered and bloodied BART riders? They made the mistake of riding public transit--with NO MONEY. Who does that?

PLATINUM EXACTAS

INDY
5TH JERSEY CHASER 4-1 BELLA BAILOR 7/5
7TH ANNUITY 4-1 CURLISH FIGURE 5/2
CTX
3RD IDENTITY THEFT 4-1 LIL ESCAPE ARTIST 5-1
EVD
2ND MRS GUTY 9/5 MINE YOURS AN OURS 9-2
3RD BOOTH ROAD SHINE 8-1 A JUSTIN SOUND 5-1
4TH LAL'ATELIER3-1 CARSON'S KATIE 6-1
6TH CREATIVE ART 2-1 STAND HIM UP 8-1
GPX