Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:03 AM   #1726
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Don't know why Turf Paradise is dark today, I'll have to print out a sched. I started following them because they were open when GGF was closed. Was convenient and I think I did better then before I went "national" --because I concentrated on those two tracks ONLY, and had plenty enough to do handicapping, record keeping, charts, notes, etc. ....and truth be told, I was more successful then.

That all sounds good and well doesn't it? Now for the REAL STORY. I was a working stiff....working ungodly hours and absolutely COULDN'T handle any more racing than that---couldn't handle even that much. And I was a family man--still am---so a man can't "go all in" under those circumstances.

Life changes and so do those circumstances...and here I am----so enough
about me. I write this stuff here similar to a blog---because that's what it is---this goes to my website. I'm too lazy to write here, then go to my site and write some wonderful prose about my life. I simply force it upon the PA readers---then copy and paste it to my site as my entry for today.

Allright---Belmont today! Yeah. There's a mystique about the big NY tracks. Sort of a RAIDER MYSTIQUE. It's just a vibe, man--people want to be associated with it.

There's a TOP-4 ABILITY play:

4TH RACE CARY'S FORT REEF 20-1

2 LONE POWER PLAYS

4TH GREY GLORY 3-1

7TH MEWANNA ROSE 4-1

BEST LONGSHOT PLAY:

1ST RACE 30-1 ML RIVER KNIGHT

This horse is a PLATINUM lone speed play--blew out 4f last out, goes long today (a fantastic spot play) shows a win @ the dist and turf, pos rider switch, 4 straight descending odds--may never look back today.

BEST BET

5TH RACE MARKET STRENGTH 5-1 ML Has several angles today---only horse to lead last race 1st two calls---"P" style, but shows a rare E-1 E-2 huge pace adv---7-2 fair odds

Other TOP4 ABILITY PLAYS

GPW 7TH BIG BOY BRUNO 12-1

RPX 4TH MISS MOLLY 15-1
RPX AWESOME EMMIT 20-1

TDN 8TH RED ABYSS 20-1
Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #1727
Cice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Don't know why Turf Paradise is dark today, I'll have to print out a sched. I started following them because they were open when GGF was closed. Was convenient and I think I did better then before I went "national" --because I concentrated on those two tracks ONLY, and had plenty enough to do handicapping, record keeping, charts, notes, etc. ....and truth be told, I was more successful then.

That all sounds good and well doesn't it? Now for the REAL STORY. I was a working stiff....working ungodly hours and absolutely COULDN'T handle any more racing than that---couldn't handle even that much. And I was a family man--still am---so a man can't "go all in" under those circumstances.

about me. I write this stuff here similar to a blog---because that's what it is---this goes to my website. I'm too lazy to write here, then go to my site and write some wonderful prose about my life. I simply force it upon the PA readers---then copy and paste it to my site as my entry for today.

Allright---Belmont today! Yeah. There's a mystique about the big NY tracks. Sort of a RAIDER MYSTIQUE. It's just a vibe, man--people want to be associated with it.

2 LONE POWER PLAYS

4TH GREY GLORY 3-1

7TH MEWANNA ROSE 4-1

BEST LONGSHOT PLAY:

This horse is a PLATINUM lone speed play--blew out 4f last out, goes long today (a fantastic spot play) shows a win @ the dist and turf, pos rider switch, 4 straight descending odds--may never look back today.

BEST BET

5TH RACE MARKET STRENGTH 5-1 ML Has several angles today---only horse to lead last race 1st two calls---"P" style, but shows a rare E-1 E-2 huge pace adv---7-2 fair odds

Other TOP4 ABILITY PLAYS

RPX 4TH MISS MOLLY 15-1
RPX AWESOME EMMIT 20-1

TDN 8TH RED ABYSS 20-1
2nditis today at Belmont!
Old 10-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #1728
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

2 LONE POWER PLAYS

4TH GREY GLORY 3-1

7TH MEWANNA ROSE 4-1

BEST LONGSHOT PLAY:

BEST BET

Other TOP4 ABILITY PLAYS

RPX 4TH MISS MOLLY 15-1
RPX AWESOME EMMIT 20-1

TDN 8TH RED ABYSS 20-1
Greg, I was with you on River Knight today in 1st race at Belmont. $21 to place is always a good second. He was a tote analysis call for me. The 5-Ready Strike was a +20 Speed Improvement play. Sadly didn't play the exacta.

The 7-Bull in 3BEL was a top bet for me, and you mentioned in selections thread the interference in the stretch. I thought he was eating the leaders up when that happened, he recovered somewhat and continued to gain on them. 2nd again for 8.30. I'll probably put him in an alert file on drf for his next race to see if he fits.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #1729
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst
Greg, I was with you on River Knight today in 1st race at Belmont. $21 to place is always a good second. He was a tote analysis call for me. The 5-Ready Strike was a +20 Speed Improvement play. Sadly didn't play the exacta.

The 7-Bull in 3BEL was a top bet for me, and you mentioned in selections thread the interference in the stretch. I thought he was eating the leaders up when that happened, he recovered somewhat and continued to gain on them. 2nd again for 8.30. I'll probably put him in an alert file on drf for his next race to see if he fits.
I've seen your 'capping--you're pretty good! I figured RIVER KNIGHT was the kind of horse that would get your attn. When I get behind a longshot like that I don't bet place....I put him under my top 2 power in addition to the win bet.

I didn't happen to post on the selection thread today, that may have been Robert Fischer. I missed all the races today, but as Cice pointed out I nailed down 2nd place a lot

Take care--NCG

*meant to post this TUP sched

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TUPsched.JPG (119.7 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 10-19-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:02 AM   #1730
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

The 9th race @ Belmont today is pretty interesting for Platinum players...or horseplayers in general. A MD CL 40K for 2YO, I started off interested in one horse--AWESOME ANTHONY--TOP EARLY/LATE -- TOP POWER-TOP PRIME POWER by like 50 points....and an amazing 10 TO 1 ML. Oh...did I also mention in his two lifetime races, his lowest Bris Speed was a 75--only one other horse had come as high as a 73 once? The rest were mostly low 60's.

If it were only that easy....in this particular situation, dropping from Md Allowance to Md Claiming---Anthony's trainer is 0 for 38! Jesus, you should win 2 or 3 of these by accident. The betting public is going to get a look at those speed ratings and jump all over this one. Hell...I'm tempted myself!

Alas, he won't win. It's really discouraging when I look elsewhere at the Rudy Rod's---the Linda Rice entries.....Jesus, how does anyone ever win here?
Their big-league stats are mind-boggling enough to really make me wonder what I'm even doing here?

So I pull up my big boy pants and forget Linda Rice's dizzying first-time blinker stats, and instead focus on 15-1 ML TIZ WICKED with Gallardo up today. This sprint-route-sprint maneuver is right in trainer Schossberg's "kitchen"...if he doesn't scratch out I'll be right there (metaphorically)-- $20 bill in hand.

A few scattered LONE POWER plays I noticed today as well:

GPW 1ST ALEX'S PARTY 6-1

KEEN 4TH SOMSONIAN 3-1

SAX 3RD JIMMY THE JUICE 4-1

Attached Images
File Type: gif BELMONT 9TH.gif (100.3 KB, 144 views)
Old 10-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #1731
ultracapper

I haven't decided whether I'm going to dig into the 3rd at SA tomorrow yet, but I have notes on Jimmy the Juice. His last race was very nice. Very powerful according to your program, also.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #1732
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I've seen your 'capping--you're pretty good! I figured RIVER KNIGHT was the kind of horse that would get your attn. When I get behind a longshot like that I don't bet place....I put him under my top 2 power in addition to the win bet.

I didn't happen to post on the selection thread today, that may have been Robert Fischer. I missed all the races today, but as Cice pointed out I nailed down 2nd place a lot

Take care--NCG

*meant to post this TUP sched
Sorry, you're correct. The reference to 2nd's threw me as I was also in that land. I usually consider W&P if odds are >=6-1. I initially had RK as under my top two picks, but his tote action told me his conn's were going to give it a good try. Apologies to Robert Fischer.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 10-20-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #1733
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I haven't decided whether I'm going to dig into the 3rd at SA tomorrow yet, but I have notes on Jimmy the Juice. His last race was very nice. Very powerful according to your program, also.
Don't you mean today(Thursday) don't want you to miss your horse
Old 10-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #1734
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Don't you mean today(Thursday) don't want you to miss your horse
He meant today, I'm sure....when you're up all hours---you don't know what's TODAY and what's TOMORROW anymore .

Speaking of KEENELAND today...upthecreek kindly pointed out two TOP-4 ABILITY plays @ kee today. What's a little unusual about these two....they're BOTH TOP ABILITY on the card--both rank in the top-3 POWER on the card, and both are highly ranked in several other categories.

Oh by the way---they're both also 30 TO 1! Sorry...you can't really cherry pick these plays and expect to profit. You have to play them as they come--- but if you could, you would pick these. A small box and dutch is the way to go with these two.

good luck all

-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOP4 ABILITY KEEN.JPG (19.5 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 10-20-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #1735
green80

1st race at Delta tomorrow 10/21 #9 Tiz Commander has been working very strong. Worth a shot here at 6/1 ML
Old 10-21-2016, 01:17 AM   #1736
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
1st race at Delta tomorrow 10/21 #9 Tiz Commander has been working very strong. Worth a shot here at 6/1 ML
Don't tell me you missed this TOP4 ABILITY right in your own back yard today

@ DELTA. Since it was 20-1ML I didn't bother with the 9-1 condition bet...he barely squeezed in there anyway.

Attached Images
File Type: png TOP4 ABILITY DD.png (80.4 KB, 99 views)
Old 10-21-2016, 03:28 AM   #1737
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

A few more LONE POWER plays today:

HAW 1ST DANDYMAN 6-1

KEE 7TH DREAMING OF JOEY 6-1

LRL 6TH ROYAL SOURCE 5-1

PEN 2ND CRUISE DIRECTOR 5-2

PEN 7TH EPIC SAILS 5-2

Is anyone following the 5-SPOT plays? Seems like there is one big hit every day with those. You all know these spot plays aren't stand-alone profitable, right? I'm talking about the push-button spot-plays. Apparently more than one of you fully expected to click these buttons and never have to handicap again.

Come on man.... nothing is going to drop in your lap---especially not in horse-betting. There are Pace View and Platinum users like Gene out of Maryland --Rebel Ron out of Iowa, these guys figure out what's winning where---make up track "profiles"..and go from there. They make their own spot plays---or find out which built-in spot plays work at which track.

99% of the fun of horseracing is doing research---your own research--this program is a tool to help you do some of that research. The best part about this program is---it's FUN. It's EASY. And with a little work and discipline you can actually make a profit If you're very disciplined---perhaps 5-7 wagers a week---you can do very well financially.

Tonight I was clicking 2.5L on today's tracks---then sorting by top-2 power---and going from track to track---one top horse from each track, and hit 6 of the first 7. I stopped right there, took notes on the winners for further research.
Each one was top power on the card. Who needs a button to find that out?

After scratches in the AM I'll post up the selections. You might wonder why would I click TOP-2 POWER? Well...in case the #1 Power is scratched, it's possible the 2nd Power in the same race is #2 Power for the card--ahead of other #1's in other races.

I've probably babbled on long enough. I really wish some of the newer users would post up here. Every single new user I've told about this site---and have been a little surprised that some have never heard of Pace Advantage. I thought this was the center of the online horse racing world.

If you're new here, and prefer to just read along---that's perfectly fine

Best of luck

-NCG
Old 10-21-2016, 03:56 AM   #1738
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Let me add a Horse to Watch to your Horse to Watch

Whichever horse finishes farthest back---loser has to track 5-spot spot play for a month--DENALI THUNDER is also 6-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DENALI THUNDER.JPG (11.2 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 10-21-2016 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:25 AM   #1739
FakeNameChanged

So my Daily Racing program does not have DED included in Friday's addition? But they had it for Thurs. Could you pls let me know last date Dinali Thunder and Tiz Commander ran?
Old 10-21-2016, 06:45 AM   #1740
green80

[QUOTE=NorCalGreg]Let me add a Horse to Watch to your Horse to Watch

Whichever horse finishes farthest back---loser has to track 5-spot spot play for a month--DENALI THUNDER is also 6-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE

you got it
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: