Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #151
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Rookies may be right about two top lines as soon as next year. Hoofed, the team lacks skill from the blueline going backwards to the net. The system Babcock has is fine, the players this season have played hard. But the young talent is in our forwards not defenseman or goalies. This needs to be eventually addressed via trade or free agency. I think the teardown has gone well. Don't rush it, don't put pressure on the front office to rush it. Low expectations next year. One more season of bottom dwelling won't be a bad thing.
No one is rushing anything, when you start adding up the pieces that are going to be put in place next season, you have to agree that we will have more talent up front, it is already apparent. I’m not saying this team is hitting the playoffs next season, i foresee a 3 to 5 position jump in the standings. Like i said, with a little luck we may have some marquee talent on this team either through the draft, or through free agency.

I’m well aware of what we have in the system, and what we need in the system, and you are absolutely correct about the back end. I predict that after the first round, the Buds will target goalies and defensemen in the draft.

When you look at a team and a system that generally loses by one goal every night, and you add goal scoring, you’re going to generate more wins. How many wins is the million dollar question.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #152
ldiatone

gino malkin OUT 4-6 wks....there goes the playoffs! unless kessel steps up his game

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #153
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
gino malkin OUT 4-6 wks....there goes the playoffs! unless kessel steps up his game
Actually it's 6-8 weeks, his season is done.

Lets hope the boys can pick up the slack, we need you in the playoffs!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #154
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
Actually it's 6-8 weeks, his season is done.

Lets hope the boys can pick up the slack, we need you in the playoffs!
Yes we want that 1st round pick.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #155
ldiatone

PHA is going to catch them. and the 1st report i saw was 4-6wks

Old 03-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #156
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
PHA is going to catch them. and the 1st report i saw was 4-6wks
Solid win today.

Hopefully we can help you guys out tonight, but i doubt it. The boys should have a push back game tonight after that disgraceful performance last night.

Both Detroit and Philly have negative goal differentials, so you have that going for you, that and you have Phil Kessel, what could possibly go wrong?
Old 03-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #157
ldiatone

nice win over the blue shirts today..... NYI home tues..

Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #158
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Second of a back to back and 3rd game in 4 days situation once again for the Isles. Having games in hand seems like a good thing until they are crammed in the schedule like this.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM   #159
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Think now it may be a good one. Isles look like complete crap tonight for 2+ periods and then erupted on the Panthers to steal 2 points. May be the biggest win yet this year.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:24 PM   #160
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Think now it may be a good one. Isles look like complete crap tonight for 2+ periods and then erupted on the Panthers to steal 2 points. May be the biggest win yet this year.
Home game for the pens!

Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #161
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Home game for the pens!
Good game to watch last night. Isles not at the top of their game but did come to play and got a big point. Pretty good work by the #3 goaltender I might add. I'm not surprised if this is the first round playoff match up.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #162
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Good game to watch last night. Isles not at the top of their game but did come to play and got a big point. Pretty good work by the #3 goaltender I might add. I'm not surprised if this is the first round playoff match up.
watch those Flyers!!

Old 03-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #163
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
watch those Flyers!!
Watch them knock the Rangers out of the 4th spot? That would be fun!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #164
HoofedInTheChest

You are both the masters of your own destiny. Philly has a shot at a wild card spot, but very unlikely to take a divisional spot. Making up 8 points in 14 games in a 3 point system is achievable, but very unlikely.

Philly has to take down the agitated Blackhawks in Chicago tonight, not going to happen. Philly is a .500 team against the West, as well as being a .500 team on the road.

Pens/Flyers – Saturday
Flyers/Isles – Monday

The above two games can put the Flyers to bed for a divisional spot, that’s if your boys have it in them.

At this point in the season the numbers don’t lie, any team with a negative goal differential at this point in time will not make the playoffs, and if they do, are a quick exit in the first round.

Detroit lost Niklas Kronwall for the next 3 weeks, and that is a huge blow to a team fighting for a WC spot. Their goal differential is deceiving, while they are a -10 at this point in time, their special teams put up really good numbers, but 5 on 5 their numbers are absolute garbage. Their 24 year playoff streak will come to an end, and i like to think that the Leafs had something to do with it.

Flyers will take the last WC spot.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #165
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
You are both the masters of your own destiny. Philly has a shot at a wild card spot, but very unlikely to take a divisional spot. Making up 8 points in 14 games in a 3 point system is achievable, but very unlikely.

Philly has to take down the agitated Blackhawks in Chicago tonight, not going to happen. Philly is a .500 team against the West, as well as being a .500 team on the road.

Pens/Flyers – Saturday
Flyers/Isles – Monday

The above two games can put the Flyers to bed for a divisional spot, that’s if your boys have it in them.

At this point in the season the numbers don’t lie, any team with a negative goal differential at this point in time will not make the playoffs, and if they do, are a quick exit in the first round.

Detroit lost Niklas Kronwall for the next 3 weeks, and that is a huge blow to a team fighting for a WC spot. Their goal differential is deceiving, while they are a -10 at this point in time, their special teams put up really good numbers, but 5 on 5 their numbers are absolute garbage. Their 24 year playoff streak will come to an end, and i like to think that the Leafs had something to do with it.

Flyers will take the last WC spot.
You thinking then both the East and West will have 5 teams from one division and 3 from the other then? West it is pretty clear that is exactly what will happen. Philly clocks in for the #5, they then get the Caps and the #4 Metro team goes against whoever wins that three team scrum in a very winnable series. In such a scenario, I'd almost rather have the #4 than the #3 spot in the Metro.