Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

high motivated

that was very nice race he ran in the BG.

almost piking them at on the lead was impressive. nice to a different dimension from a horse while going longer and running as well as he did. you can argue that it's not even his best strat to do what he did that race.

this horse should be cranked for the derby just based off of the way he ran in the BG
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #2
minethatbird08

Chad Brown 3rd off the layoff should run well; I’m kinda passing on him for now but think he is a solid play.

Part of me thinks we could see a little rivalry, which we haven’t really had in a bit if him him and EQ hit the exacta.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
f2tornado

Running at or near the front fits the style of every Derby winner after Orb. There’s a lot of those types this year however. I don’t trust an Into Mischief at 10F even though Authentic bit my ass last year. The rest of the breeding doesn’t excite me either. Consistent horse but the gut tells me he fired his shot already in the BG. Hard to leave out of a super if you’re playing the speed to hold up. The speed is good this year but not exceptional while most of the late runners failed to show enough early foot to be in position if recent renewals are any guide.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 08:18 PM   #4
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Running at or near the front fits the style of every Derby winner after Orb. There’s a lot of those types this year however. I don’t trust an Into Mischief at 10F even though Authentic bit my ass last year. The rest of the breeding doesn’t excite me either. Consistent horse but the gut tells me he fired his shot already in the BG. Hard to leave out of a super if you’re playing the speed to hold up. The speed is good this year but not exceptional while most of the late runners failed to show enough early foot to be in position if recent renewals are any guide.
He's not a speed horse
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #5
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He's not a speed horse
Agree he’s more a high end EP versus a pure E but hard to be the E when you’re up against Caddo River. I figure he’s going to be very forwardly placed and hope to stay.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:55 PM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Agree he’s more a high end EP versus a pure E but hard to be the E when you’re up against Caddo River. I figure he’s going to be very forwardly placed and hope to stay.
He's not going to be very forwardly placed
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2021, 09:20 PM   #7
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He's not going to be very forwardly placed
Sweet. Then I can toss him from the win pool. Every horse that crossed the Derby wire first after the Orb win was top 3 at every call. I don’t plan on an Into Mischief horse breaking that streak.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:46 AM   #8
boys at tosconova

going to be interesting to see where this horse in early on. have to think he'll want to be in front of known agenda and ss, and that last race shows the versatility to choose. seems like he'll be a good spot
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 01:53 AM   #9
lamboguy

my top horse was PREVALENCE after breaking his maiden... i didn't even consider him in the Wood. then i went with SUPER STOCK in the Arkansas Derby. i am probably going to go in his direction again for the Derby. he came out of race jumping and bouncing around like he never had before... i suspect he will get a lot better after the Arkansas Derby. its easy for me to go that way because the horse don't owe me anything and he always tries. the thing i really like about him is that the horses he beat will probably be favored over him in his next race. he don't get any respect at all.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #10
The Biscuit

Super Stock ...... Female Family 23-a ...since 1980 has never won the Derby ...but honestly ......not seen a lot horses with 23-a ?

Now 23-b has done decent ... four 1st Place Finishes and 2 Shows

Dosage 3.00 exactly ....... has won the Derby 3 Straight Years

Bet on those streaks with some success in the past .....

I like the horse overall .....

I may use him on top too ?

also like the fact that 28/29 Derby Winners were by Sires that never won before , I believe I read ?

Thoughts gents ?
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: