Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
davew

have you ever had 100% synthetic beef?

crazy rich guy says that is what we all should eat ... after conquering world health, I guess world diet is next. I would guess if you had a full time private chef, they could even make crap taste good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...?ocid=msedgntp
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #2
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
crazy rich guy says that is what we all should eat ... after conquering world health, I guess world diet is next. I would guess if you had a full time private chef, they could even make crap taste good.

He naturally exempts the poor countries from switching over. That's right, make the USA, Canada and the white Europeans sacrifice while the rest of the world gets a pass.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
xtb

Bill isn’t looking too healthy these days. I don’t think I’ll take his eating advice.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #4
thaskalos

If we all switch to plant-based proteins...then we'll have to worry about the gas that WE pass.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:58 PM   #5
TJDave

If the rave is for fake meat then why am I paying through the roof for the real deal?
Old 02-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #6
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If we all switch to plant-based proteins...then we'll have to worry about the gas that WE pass.
In a effort to make more profit this country has put plant based oils in everything and the result is increased heart problems, diabetes, and cancer.

Where you come from people smoke, drink, pigfat rules. From the farm you can live to 100. From the store is to the hospital. Half of the content of the store will kill you.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 09:13 PM   #7
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

To answer the original question, yes I've had synthetic beef in the form of taco seasoned fake ground beef. By itself it was nothing to write home about, but used in recipes it was decent. However, I almost never eat beef, being a rare person that doesn't care for it., so I'm not the best person to evaluate the taste.

The problem is I'm not at all sure it is a healthy alternative being it is a heavily processed food, and nowadays experts say all processed foods are unhealthy, even vegetarian ones. I would not be surprised if, in the future they determine eating meat is healthier than vegetarian substitutes.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
To answer the original question, yes I've had synthetic beef in the form of taco seasoned fake ground beef. By itself it was nothing to write home about, but used in recipes it was decent. However, I almost never eat beef, being a rare person that doesn't care for it., so I'm not the best person to evaluate the taste.

The problem is I'm not at all sure it is a healthy alternative being it is a heavily processed food, and nowadays experts say all processed foods are unhealthy, even vegetarian ones. I would not be surprised if, in the future they determine eating meat is healthier than vegetarian substitutes.

You don't have to go to the future to get that determination. There are many today that believe a carnivore diet is healthier than a vegetarian diet.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:53 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You don't have to go to the future to get that determination. There are many today that believe a carnivore diet is healthier than a vegetarian diet.

https://www.amazon.com/Carnivore-Die...s%2C165&sr=1-1
Old 02-16-2021, 10:11 PM   #10
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
If the rave is for fake meat then why am I paying through the roof for the real deal?
because the 'synthetic' stuff costs even more and does not taste as good?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2021, 12:48 AM   #11
baconswitchfarm

" you can change behavior by use of regulation. " Eat your protein paste and enjoy it peasants . He is like straight from a dystopian novel.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #12
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

If and when that ever happens, we'll see pirated pics of Gates and his rich friends having backyard bbq's with massive sides of beef on the spit. Sort of like the dino-ribs Fred Flintstone ordered at the drive in.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #13
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Recently finished this book which makes a persuasive case for a carnivore diet.

https://www.amazon.com/Carnivore-Cod...dp_ob_image_bk
Old 02-17-2021, 02:43 PM   #14
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I was referring to more of a consensus, even from vegetarian advocates. I have long been aware that, for literally everything you've ever eaten, there are "experts" that say you should never ever eat that again, and they all claim to have science on their side.

These days it is easy, considering there are experts that claim you should only eat animal products, and vegan experts that claim you should never eat animal products. If you take their combined advice, there is nothing you can eat.

I personally think Michael Pollan has the most sensible advice on diet when he said:

Eat food
Not too much
Mostly plants

When he says "eat food" he means food that is not loaded preservatives, artificial colors and flavors.

~Alan Watts

Last edited by therussmeister; 02-17-2021 at 02:48 PM.
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2021, 02:58 PM   #15
46zilzal
velocitician

can't tell it from the real thing