Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Brisnet PPs for the Malibu

Brisnet has Nashville as an E8 running style and Charlatan as an E3. How is this possible since they have the exact same running line at the 1st call for all 3 of their races (in 1st)?
Jayhawk6191 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk6191 View Post
Brisnet has Nashville as an E8 running style and Charlatan as an E3. How is this possible since they have the exact same running line at the 1st call for all 3 of their races (in 1st)?
The Malibu is a 7f sprint.

All of Nashville's races are sprints. Starting with the 1 base point, Nashville gets 2 points for leading in each of his three races, plus the bonus point for 8

Charlatan's first race was a sprint, but the next two were routes. Since this is a sprint, he only gets the base point and 2 points for his first race for 3. No points for the routes (if he had more races in his PPs, the "leading" routes could be skipped and the next two races down in the record - if sprints - could be used).
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
Half Smoke

curious -

what do you guys think about Charlatan not having run in more than 7 months?
his workouts look good

a concern?
no concern?

Old 12-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
Waquoit

So that number is the Speed Points? I never knew! Is it accurate?
Waquoit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waquoit View Post
Yes, those are the Quirin speed points. They're accurate, but as you know, they are just a tool rather than a rule.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #6
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
The Malibu is a 7f sprint.

Charlatan's first race was a sprint, but the next two were routes. Since this is a sprint, he only gets the base point and 2 points for his first race for 3. No points for the routes (if he had more races in his PPs, the "leading" routes could be skipped and the next two races down in the record - if sprints - could be used).
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the route race factor in sprints. I read thru the calculations again. As you probably know, you can use sprint races to calculate a route rating.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #7
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waquoit View Post
I have never really double checked their calculations for the numbers but it is useful in identifying the early speed. I think they the "E" part of the rating is overused. For instance, in the Malibu, Collusion Illusion is rated an E/P3 and yet he has never been in the lead any any of his 8 races. For my handicapping purposes, Collusion Illusion is a P4
Old 12-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #8
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk6191 View Post
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the route race factor in sprints. I read thru the calculations again. As you probably know, you can use sprint races to calculate a route rating.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: