Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-13-2020, 03:25 AM   #16
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
The 8 jock in 7th race has his hands full with a badly faltering, lugging in mount still well in front, but instead of staying totally focused and on task..he looks back 3x..three times..unreal..had no dog in fight..but it probably cost him the race, considering the narrow margin of defeat..
You might want to watch the replay on that one. He never lugged in a step, was never well in front, jock never looked back and he rode the horse hard to the wire.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2020, 03:31 AM   #17
teach21

Quote:
The 8 jock in 7th race has his hands full with a badly faltering, lugging in mount still well in front, but instead of staying totally focused and on task..he looks back 3x..three times..unreal..had no dog in fight..but it probably cost him the race, considering the narrow margin of defeat..
this NEVER would have happened if Mayta was riding, right Mark?
teach21 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #18
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
You might want to watch the replay on that one. He never lugged in a step, was never well in front, jock never looked back and he rode the horse hard to the wire.
Obviously you are talking about two different races.

Mahoning race 7 on Saturday went approximately as Mountainman described.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #19
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Obviously you are talking about two different races.

Mahoning race 7 on Saturday went approximately as Mountainman described.
Yes you are correct I watched 7th race from Friday instead of Saturday.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2020, 05:05 PM   #20
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
Yes you are correct I watched 7th race from Friday instead of Saturday.
LOL..I was headed to chart-world to make sure I had referenced the right race.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #21
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach21 View Post
this NEVER would have happened if Mayta was riding, right Mark?
I had better recuse myself and keep my covid (no criticism) promise to mnr jocks. However, it's gratifying to see that someone got my hints.

I think I WILL say that Mayta "off" has been quite the winning angle at Mnr these last few weeks. Not criticism, just an observation. LOL

Last edited by mountainman; 12-14-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #22
rrpic6

Quote:
I had better recuse myself and keep my covid (no criticism) promise to mnr jocks. However, it's gratifying to see that someone got my hints.

I think I WILL say that Mayta "off" has been quite the winning angle at Mnr these last few weeks. Not criticism, just an observation. LOL

According to Equibase, O. J. has been MIA for about 2 months. His winning percentage in 2020 is 18%, a career high. Has be bulked up a bit? Last time I saw him in person, he looked quite frail and weak. Another rider, Logan, also fits that description. They both have difficulty in controlling horses on turns and keeping them straight when pumping in the stretch.

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack MVR thread. No comment on that topic.

RR
Old 12-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #23
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
According to Equibase, O. J. has been MIA for about 2 months. His winning percentage in 2020 is 18%, a career high. Has be bulked up a bit? Last time I saw him in person, he looked quite frail and weak. Another rider, Logan, also fits that description. They both have difficulty in controlling horses on turns and keeping them straight when pumping in the stretch.

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack MVR thread. No comment on that topic.

RR
For covid-related reasons, you can't swing a dead cat in mnr's jock's room without hitting some rider whose career has done a full Lazarus. Be skeptical.

As to the rider in question, I can't recall him NOT breaking on his mount's mouth. When he's in a race, you know who is going to break last. He takes a tight hold once underway, so when other horses tire (on the turn) and his still has run, his solution is to ski on the reins to avoid running over somebody. No judgement on his courage, just an observatoon: He takes extra pains out there to look out for himself. Everything else is a much lower priority.

His one saving grace is that, despite his poor form on a horse, they DO run for him. A lot. He just has that certain knack. But to say I'm not a fan would be putting it very mildly.

The other jock you referenced is a nice kid, but a complete non-factor at Mnr.

Last edited by mountainman; 12-16-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #24
tcasolo

Nothing will change but at least there are eyes looking at this:

Thoroughbred Idea Foundation Raises Jackpot Bet Concerns To Ohio Commission - Horse Racing News | Paulick Report
https://www.paulickreport.com/horsep...io-commission/
tcasolo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: