Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #31
v j stauffer

I will say it seems that ripping of me does have a longer shelf life than it does of Andy.

When people go over the top on him it's gone in an instant.

Not so much for me.

Makes sense. We're more antagonists while The Little Guy is a personal friend.

I'm totally cool with that.

I'm playing the Belmont tournament in three weeks.

I let NYRA know I'd be willing to join Andy on the pre-race show to handicap a card.

Now THAT would be fun.

I expect that will have the shelf life of a Tuna salad in a midday sun.

But I'd sure love to do it.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #32
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Your last reply in the religion thread was racist, and you have continually displayed a high level of antisemitism in many of your posts there. But hey, why tell the whole story?

You should count your lucky stars you're even allowed to post on the horse racing side, after that ridiculous display of posting about one million oversized jockey pix in the "Name That Jockey" thread.

In short, your days are definitely numbered here if you don't change your ways immediately.
Regarding the jockey thread: I meant exactly no harm and there was no evil intent here...I merely cut and pasted random photos of jockeys to the thread, some are small some are large...I had no control over how they were displayed...the one photo of Irad and jose is a beautiful photo of them together and a great close-up...but I did realize then there was a problem with the way the site deals with various photo sizes, if a photo came in too large, i deleted the post....by then it was too late to delete the largest photos....what more could/ can I do here...you try cutting and pasting jockey photos from the Internet and see what happens....

So I'm a horrible person for trying to create some interest in our sports Jockeys....sorry.....

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 05-18-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Regarding the jockey thread: I meant exactly no harm and there was no evil intent here...I merely cut and pasted random photos of jockeys to the tread, some are small some are large...I had no control over how they were displayed...the one photo of Irad and jose is a beautiful photo of them together and a great close-up...but I did realize then there was a problem with the way the site deals with various photo sizes, if a photo came in too large, i deleted the post....by then it was too late to delete the largest photos....what more could/ can I do here...you try cutting and pasting jockey photos from the Internet and see what happens....

So I'm a horrible person for trying to create some interest in our sports Jockeys....sorry.....
But there is a way to control the image sizes. It's called the RESIZE button...and I've talked about it many times over the last few months.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #34
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
But there is a way to control the image sizes. It's called the RESIZE button...and I've talked about it many times over the last few months.
I'm not familiar with that RESIZE button and was unaware that it was/ is there...sorry...I have never used it before nor had any reason to use it here before....sorry...I'm not up to speed with all the techno-gizmos...what size should be used for display of photos of jockeys...?

Can we still go forward with posting photos of racing personalities here at PA...?

I think it is a fun, harmless thing to do and helps me become more familiar with the Jockeys I like to follow...
Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #35
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I'm not familiar with that RESIZE button and was unaware that it was/ is there...sorry...I have never used it before nor had any reason to use it here before....sorry...I'm not up to speed with all the techno-gizmos...what size should be used for display of photos of jockeys...?

Can we still go forward with posting photos of racing personalities here at PA...?

I think it is a fun, harmless thing to do and helps me become more familiar with the Jockeys I like to follow...
My thought when I kept seeing all these photos of jockeys?

Dis. Is. Creepy.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #36
FantasticDan
gelding

Wasn't Heavy Handed CJ a Meadowlands trotter in the early '90s?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #37
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

It's a cute phrase, but the 'internet' is essentially opinion 'B' while the phrase maker holds opinion 'A'. the only people saying the Internet has to be right is a person with an opinion who can't convince everyone else to see it his way.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #38
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Wasn't Heavy Handed CJ a Meadowlands trotter in the early '90s?
You're thinking of CJ is Awesome.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #39
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

Dis. Is. Creepy.
+1

Just posting random picture with no discussion or commentary...how is this helpful or useful not only here but to the person posting? This isn't pinterest.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #40
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I respect your opinion and I can see where you're coming from. Over the last couple of years I've tweeted out interesting post and subjects from this board. IMO it brings traffic here and it could bring more fresh faces to the board with different points of view.

This one this morning. CJ is very well respected on Twitter as he should be.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/st...79898511413248
Final post about twitter. Since I posted that these are the statistics. It's rare to have this many from a Twitter post early in the morning.

Impressions

times people saw this Tweet on Twitter

Total engagements 51

Link clicks

Detail expands

Profile clicks

Replies

33 people came to P.A. to look at the thread.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #41
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

Dis. Is. Creepy.
Are you serious Grits...? How can posting pictures of jockeys be "creepy" My original idea behind the thread was to have a fun way to familiarize ourselves with today's riders....I see their names all the times but have trouble recognizing them in the post parades...I think that jockeys are inherently interesting people but I do not know any of them personally...All I know is that the energy that many of them bring to this sport is a very good "vibe" and I respect them all very much for taking these risks in a very hazardous occupation...I notice the stars of certain ones rising, and I wanted to put faces (photos) to names...it personalizes the sport for me in a very positive way...sorry you are creeped out by the idea...after all, they are celebrities...I fail to see the harm in posting pictures of jockeys on a website devoted to horse racing....

So after only a few fellow posters were playing who's who with me...I decided to place their names along with their photos so if people didn't know them, they would, then...I feel like I'm having to defend myself for being a fan

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 05-18-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #42
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Just want to add I think I've given out 5 or less demerits since inception, and none in weeks.
Good to know, I've always suspected PA was the source of mine.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #43
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer View Post
i believe it ... you prob gotta be a huge douche bag it get a demerit

Hey!!

Some might take that comment personal towards them but I don't recall ever interacting with you.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-18-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #44
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Thanks for the post, even if it is pretty much wrong on every point. I'm employed in the industry, full time actually...with benefits...for quite a while now.

I get along with nearly every one here. Maybe when I don't always get along with someone online (whatever that even means), and this is just a maybe, it isn't all me.
His post has some merit. I've noticed it also. I guess one has to briefly leave before it then becomes apparent.

Just recently, you lit into a long time poster for Redboarding. Now, for the last 2 + years a couple on here have been frequently Redboarding and I don't recall you treating them the same way.

You've closed his threads in the past because pretty much you just didn't understand them and viewed them as BS. I don't think that's the way a moderator should act.

Btw, I've noticed this long time poster hasn't posted since. I always felt he means well but you jumped on his ass and as usual some others followed suit. Btw, his Redboard wasn't so bad as the others which I previously mentioned.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-18-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #45
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Damn, demerits??? Where do I go to see if I have any???
I'm feeling a little left out if I have none....
But seriously, I have only had a few interactions with CJ and , none in a while.
Always seemed like a smart, stand up guy.
Maybe my interactions are few and far between as I almost exclusively stay in off topic.....
MIKE....get me a demerit so I can be part of the club!!!
I think you should give him 5 per his request.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: