Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
Fager Fan
Veteran

Heavy Handed CJ

Can't argue a topic rationally and reasonably, with no name calling, but get posts deleted and then the thread locked? Why? Because I dared to challenge CJ's opinion on the topic? That I don't have to believe he is the authority just because he says he is?

Fager Fan:
The DRF reporter just reported what he was told. You've given no indication that you have any firsthand knowledge of what happened. So no, I don't think either of you are lying as without firsthand knowledge, you can't be lying.

CJ:
You've dug your heels in. I admire stubbornness, but you're done in this thread.

So I'll await my "demerit" and maybe kicked off the forum, but at least some others here will read and understand exactly what I did - my God, I challenged CJ's opinion (after he called people of my opinion multiple times names, by the way) - before you delete this post and "punish" me.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

They're was nothing to demerit. I just figured the thread had run its course. I'd heard enough of an innocent man, a man who easily could have been killed, getting accused of trying to commit suicide and being a substance abuser. If that is being heavy handed, so be it. You'll get over it or you won't. No sweat off my back either way.

Last edited by cj; 05-17-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Like I said, the "Internet NEED TO BE RIGHT" outweighs common sense every single time. We're all guilty of it. But sometimes it's on rare display, kind of like right now.

By all means FF, carry on.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Like I said, the "Internet NEED TO BE RIGHT" outweighs common sense every single time. We're all guilty of it. But sometimes it's on rare display, kind of like right now.

By all means FF, carry on.
Likewise, carry on with the display of condescension.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Just want to add I think I've given out 5 or less demerits since inception, and none in weeks.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 AM   #6
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Just want to add I think I've given out 5 or less demerits since inception, and none in weeks.
i believe it ... you prob gotta be a huge douche bag it get a demerit
Old 05-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #7
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see why I was banned from the religious thread for my last post in it...I didn't even have any demerits and said nothing worthy of one...PA apparently has a personal thing for me....just because I choose an imaginative style of communication doesn't make me vile but I guess it takes 100 "good boy's" to make up for a few "my bad's" that occurred long ago..

...Once a person gets an idea in their head that such and such person is "this kind of person" look out...they will never change their mind about you...don't you think "vile" is a tad rich...?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I don't see why I was banned from the religious thread for my last post in it...I didn't even have any demerits and said nothing worthy of one...PA apparently has a personal thing for me....just because I choose an imaginative style of communication doesn't make me vile but I guess it takes 100 "good boy's" to make up for a few "my bad's" that occurred long ago..

...Once a person gets an idea in their head that such and such person is "this kind of person" look out...they will never change their mind about you...don't you think "vile" is a tad rich...?
I rarely visit off topics so I honestly haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #9
Fred Mertz

Quote:
I call horse crap.

I've gotten two now and I rarely post. Maybe this post will be my trifecta.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
I call horse crap.

If its more than 5, it isn't by more than a couple. I don't remember yours if I even gave them. I'm sure I haven't given one in weeks, at least two and maybe three or more.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:02 AM   #11
v j stauffer

Quote:
If its more than 5, it isn't by more than a couple. I don't remember yours if I even gave them. I'm sure I haven't given one in weeks, at least two and maybe three or more.
I didn't post during Oaklawn. Didn't read very often either. When I came back after the meet. One thing has stood out like a sore thumb.

Your overall demeanor on this site.

You have become hypersensitive to even the slightest hint of someone disagreeing with you.

You have been drastically more confrontational and abusive.

Far more of a bully.

When threads have be benignly trudging along you've VERY obviously trolled to stir the pot.

And I'm certainly not talking about your interactions with me.

I have never given two flying ****s about your takes to or about me.

You've always struck me as a wanna be insider, interloper who doesn't get to be "IN THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS" to quote the great musical Hamilton.

I'm not sure what changed. But it damn sure has.

Carry on!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I didn't post during Oaklawn. Didn't read very often either. When I came back after the meet. One thing has stood out like a sore thumb.

Your overall demeanor on this site.

You have become hypersensitive to even the slightest hint of someone disagreeing with you.

You have been drastically more confrontational and abusive.

Far more of a bully.

When threads have be benignly trudging along you've VERY obviously trolled to stir the pot.

And I'm certainly not talking about your interactions with me.

I have never given two flying ****s about your takes to or about me.

You've always struck me as a wanna be insider, interloper who doesn't get to be "IN THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS" to quote the great musical Hamilton.

I'm not sure what changed. But it damn sure has.

Carry on!
Thanks for the post, even if it is pretty much wrong on every point. I'm employed in the industry, full time actually...with benefits...for quite a while now.

I get along with nearly every one here. Maybe when I don't always get along with someone online (whatever that even means), and this is just a maybe, it isn't all me.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:18 AM   #13
v j stauffer

Quote:
Thanks for the post, even if it is pretty much wrong on every point. I'm employed in the industry, full time actually...with benefits...for quite a while now.

I get along with nearly every one here. Maybe when I don't always get along with someone online (whatever that even means), and this is just a maybe, it isn't all me.
Online means NOTHING.

Happy you're in the fraternity.

With benefits.

Please don't hesitate to call me if there's anything I can do for you.

Best wishes.

Dick
Old 05-18-2017, 06:16 AM   #14
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
I call horse crap.

I got 3 myself..but I think one was from PA
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #15
tucker6

I'll never get back the five minutes spent in this thread. That said, I learned two things. One, I never knew there were demerits to be had. The fact that some have earned two after 53 posts speaks volumes. Two, I found out that CJ may be human after all and doesn't always turn the other cheek. Many times people take shots at him on here because he's an easy target to show how much smarter a poster is at this sport, and rarely have I seen him get his dander up in such confrontations. Good on him for finally taking off the gloves at times, if indeed he has done so. Why can't CJ defend himself and his work like the rest of us?

It's just the internet guys. No one died on here last night.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: