Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #61
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Saw the video, where was the timer located, underground?
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #62
jimmyb

Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #63
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
You guys are complete loons IMO. The story given was completely plausible and in fact true. Believe what you want.
Yes, it's plausible to kneel in front of something that will run you over instead of getting the hell out of the way. Seriously?

Why won't you expound on this if you talked to the person? What did he give as the explanation for such an inexplicable reaction?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #64
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Ok.

Are you suggesting I move so you can feel better about my posts and opinions?

Or are you simply auditioning for a spot in PA's tri monthly "stir it up" stipends?
I'm suggesting 99% of you fakes living in wealthy, lily-white Marin County would call this "wonderfully diverse"---as long as they don't move into your town.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 05-15-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #65
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I also recall another incident which was at Dmr where a drunk guy ran onto the track in the stretch and took a swing at one of the horses. Neither he nor the horse got hurt. He was just lucky.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-15-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #66
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Summary:

Guy working on timing system doesn't realize race is on turf course.

Guy hears or sees horses coming and reacts late, curls in a ball, and luckily gets out unscathed.

People at PA watch 5 second grainy video and conclude guy tried to commit suicide and/or has substance abuse problems despite a plausible and reasonable explanation being put out almost immediately after the race from a respected reporter.

SRU, without even reading the story, chimes in to further add to the conspiracy theories, posting just to post as he often does.

I'm called a troll for pointing out the lunacy of those conclusions.

Sound about right?

Last edited by cj; 05-15-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #67
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Summary:

Guy hears or sees horses coming and reacts late, curls in a ball, and luckily gets out unscathed.

People at PA watch 5 second grainy video and conclude guy tried to commit suicide and/or has substance abuse problems despite a plausible and reasonable explanation being put out almost immediately after the race from a respected reporter.

SRU, without even reading the story, chimes in to further add to the conspiracy theories, posting just to post as he often does.

Sound about right?
In my mind the relevant questions are:

a. Who put him in harm's way/allowed him to remain where he was while horses were warming up for an upcoming turf race?

b. How the hell do the stewards, outriders, riders who are warming horses up on the dirt before crossing over onto the turf course not see him/realize that he's on the turf course?

c. Will this be talked about publicly at one of the upcoming CHRB meetings? Only to become just another example of something gone awry that gets swept under the rug?

-jp

Old 05-15-2017, 11:30 PM   #68
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
In my mind the relevant questions are:

a. Who put him in harm's way/allowed him to remain where he was while horses were warming up for an upcoming turf race?

b. How the hell do the stewards, outriders, riders who are warming horses up on the dirt before crossing over onto the turf course not see him/realize that he's on the turf course?

c. Will this be talked about publicly at one of the upcoming CHRB meetings? Only to become just another example of something gone awry that gets swept under the rug?

-jp

No problem with those at all. There are definitely should people that should have some explaining to do. What I have a problem with was the sudden leap to suicide attempt / substance abuser.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:30 PM   #69
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Summary:

Sound about right?
He didn't curl up in a ball. He kneeled. He did zero to protect his head or chest. Had he curled up into a ball we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #70
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
He didn't curl up in a ball. He kneeled. He did zero to protect his head or chest. Had he curled up into a ball we wouldn't be having this discussion.
The video from the side looks like he thought he was clear but once the wide horses came he curled up. The video isn't that great so I'm not positive.

Regardless, I find the leap to conclusions here ridiculous. I doubt a guy working on the timing system has gone through classes on how to react if a group of horses is charging at you. Sometimes people freeze in dangerous situations. It doesn't mean he was high or intending to kill himself.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #71
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Summary:

Sound about right?
There's no 'conclusions' we are still unsure what happened. Some of us aren't buying the 'official story' the way it was presented. Why would you point out 'lunacy' for people questioning official accounts?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #72
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
There's no 'conclusions' we are still unsure what happened. Some of us aren't buying the 'official story' the way it was presented. Why would you point out 'lunacy' for people questioning official accounts?
Because the questioning is based on nothing other than wild ass speculation. You didn't even bother reading the official story so WTF would you know?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:51 PM   #73
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Because the questioning is based on nothing other than wild ass speculation. You didn't even bother reading the official story so WTF would you know?
I watched the incident before I heard 'what happened' and came to the conclusion that the persons body language and actions didn't come across like someone shocked that horses were bearing down on him, he acted like he was resigned to the fact he was going to get hit, he turned around and sat down quietly w back of his head exposed, who does that?

So I expected to hear something different 'officially' and when I didn't, I decided I wasn't convinced.

Why is that lunacy?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #74
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I watched the incident before I heard 'what happened' and came to the conclusion that the persons body language and actions didn't come across like someone shocked that horses were bearing down on him, he acted like he was resigned to the fact he was going to get hit, he turned around and sat down quietly w back of his head exposed, who does that?

So I expected to hear something different 'officially' and when I didn't, I decided I wasn't convinced.

Why is that lunacy?
I would guess because you're a lunatic?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #75
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

Why is that lunacy?
Maybe he was wearing earbuds and felt the ground shake as the horses came upon him, thus his late roll and tuck....
Closed Thread